Team Deathmatch Speed Record

Drakkolich

So last week my team and I finally broke our speed record for Team Deathmatch that we've had for a long time and that got me wondering if anyone else out there keeps track too.

Our new record is now 3 minutes and 26 seconds, here's some screenshots showing the game.

Scoreboard

https://imgur.com/WFuIkBh

Performance tab with game time

https://imgur.com/gsFGHUh

Our old record was 3 Minutes and 30 seconds so this 4 second upgrade was a pretty big improvement!

Remember though, nobody plays premades to get curbstomps. These easy wins are actually something premade players have to suffer through in their search for truly elite v elite matches.

Let's take a minute to thank the premades for their sacrifice!

Edited by sharpenedstick

search for truly elite v elite matches.

This no longer exists unfortunately. The era of super serious matches stacked with Aces on both sides are now confined to the Youtube channels and web pages that pay homage to those days. So speed records it is I guess...

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Remember though, nobody plays premades to get curbstomps. These easy wins are actually something premade players have to suffer through in their search for truly elite v elite matches.

Let's take a minute to thank the premades for their sacrifice!

Oh we're still searching! Just 3 and a half minutes at a time!

This no longer exists unfortunately. The era of super serious matches stacked with Aces on both sides are now confined to the Youtube channels and web pages that pay homage to those days. So speed records it is I guess...

Well, looking at the level of activity on the GSF Discord, I think mostly what's missing is someone getting their lazy butt in gear and actually organizing a Super Serious night. In the tradition of these sorts of things since I said something I suppose that means I've nominated myself.

Well, looking at the level of activity on the GSF Discord, I think mostly what's missing is someone getting their lazy butt in gear and actually organizing a Super Serious night. In the tradition of these sorts of things since I said something I suppose that means I've nominated myself.

There is still a lot of talent in GSF. If all the good pilots queued on the same server on the same day, we would have some epic matches even without trying to organize a super-serious night.

Much like dealing with climate change, individual action is important but insufficient. The answer is to put premades into their own queue, and make normal queue solo+1 other max.

We all know premade queue will never pop (because the last thing premades really want are other premades), but we'll see improved games in the normal queue.

Much like dealing with climate change, individual action is important but insufficient. The answer is to put premades into their own queue, and make normal queue solo+1 other max.

We all know premade queue will never pop (because the last thing premades really want are other premades), but we'll see improved games in the normal queue.

It won't pop not because they don't want to fight others but because there aren't enough good players willing to group. Most just want to play solo and improve, not wait in a never ending queue for a pop they'll lose to drako.

Also the normal queue is crap rn because of the seasons feeders. Almost all games will end up a stomp.

It wouldn't work the way you think it would. It also wouldn't improve games significantly. A few, yes, but not a lot. And I defend this issue as a Solo queuer. My thoughts on all of this have been made abundantly clear elsewhere so I wont re-cover it here. If you want a link to my thoughts I will provide it. I defend this issue, because it simply wouldn't work. Not because I agree with persistent group-stomping - anyone who knows me knows I strongly disagree with it. But a group only queue won't fix things the way you think it will.

I. But a group only queue won't fix things the way you think it will.

Since I haven't defined what I think will happen when groups are removed from standard queue, I find it dubious your assessment will match my expectations regarding any ultimate solution.

As you mentioned, removing them from the queue will likely result in an improvement. Modest improvement > no improvement. I've said in other threads, and I'll repeat.

The choice is not between a perfect queue system that makes every game great and a marginally improved system. Given SWTOR's dev resources and GSF's apparent overall importance in that scheme, the real choice is between marginal (and easy) improvements and nothing.

Removing groups above two from being able to queue is an easy fix with real, but modest prospects for real, but modest improvement. On the scale of what we're going to get in GSF's future, that's pretty solid.

Edited by sharpenedstick

Not sure what the point of this post is other than an epeen flex. If a group of obviously top tier veterans using Voip did'nt curb stomp a group of randos, I would have been shocked. Not sure it did much for the GSF community, but that was a very quick time on the match. /Congrats

Not sure what the point of this post is other than an epeen flex. If a group of obviously top tier veterans using Voip did'nt curb stomp a group of randos, I would have been shocked. Not sure it did much for the GSF community, but that was a very quick time on the match. /Congrats

The point was absolutely a flexx, that's what "records" are lol.

The point wasn't that we won, it's that it was our fastest ever win, and we're honestly curious if anyone else has a time that comes close.

Thanks!

I know it has been a long while, but was that one of the old records kept at GSF's inception? If you truly want an answer that may help. If the post was rhetorical, my guess is you already know the answer to your question.

I know it has been a long while, but was that one of the old records kept at GSF's inception? If you truly want an answer that may help. If the post was rhetorical, my guess is you already know the answer to your question.

It was not one of the records we kept, those records were individual based, so it was all about a single persons stats.

I have thoughts on this I would like to share, but am heading out and don't have time to articulate so instead I am linking the following video which I feel expresses my sentiments in their simplest form: