Instead of doubling CQ points, it should be account-wide to prevent switching toons

Pricia

I mean, the excuse given to increase the conquest goal was to stop people from switching characters all the time.

Guess what, it's not going to change, even more so, because with a higher goal, you really don't want to waste a potential 5k CQ points.

Instead, Conquest points should be legacy-wide, with rewards every 50k/100k points, and players should be able to choose which character they redeem the rewards with. That way people wouldn't have to switch characters, and people with only one character would still get as many rewards as people who decide to have more than one.

Just a thought...

That's a not too wise of an idea! Still I agree people, will want to ensure they cross the conquest goal on more toons with Legacy of Sith! Why cause they want to start the Item Level gain at the end of each week. They'll also need to start leveling characters to 80. Still the suggestion would create 5x more problems, than you'd hope to solve. Still we all have idea's not perhaps thought out at times. So don't feel bad, we ALL have them from time to time...

I'm fine with the 100,000 Conquest goal per Character, though I would have preferred 75,000 myself! I always thought 50,000 was a bit too low! I can often achieve 250,000 - 1,000,000 Conquest on my 2-3 more played Character's. Yet with Legacy of Sith it's TRUE, people will want to ensure all Character's achieve 100,000 to start gaining higher Item Level. But they'll also need to play and level them too!

Realize their Guild Commendations are shown by Account not by Player! So their is balance in the Force as is!

Still I don't like having to run 1-2 FlashPoint/Operations (80) endlessly on all character's to level UP over the next 3-9 months. Sure they'll add maybe 1-2 more in 6-9 months, but a lot of repetition!

Edited by Strathkin

its the worst idea ever.

since you give with this idea the final killing blow that will destory the conquest system for good when you fix notting and make it only worse that the chance a lot off players going to quit and thats not good for the game.

I mean, the excuse given to increase the conquest goal was to stop people from switching characters all the time.

Guess what, it's not going to change, even more so, because with a higher goal, you really don't want to waste a potential 5k CQ points.

Instead, Conquest points should be legacy-wide, with rewards every 50k/100k points, and players should be able to choose which character they redeem the rewards with. That way people wouldn't have to switch characters, and people with only one character would still get as many rewards as people who decide to have more than one.

Just a thought...

thank god i already have the title so none of this matters to me . Butttttt no im not sorry i have alts and i like to play them all. Its really not hard to cap conquest i do it now just by doing my daily n weekly pvp quests . 100k would be no different to me honestly i dont see what is worth crying about .

If I focus on just ONE or two I sometimes make 2-3 million, but then several others sacrifice earning conquest.

Yet their Guild Commendations are shown by Account! So their is balance in the Force as is!

Yes but you only get the rewards once for it.

All I've seen since I started complaining about the rewards limits to CQ (you only got the upgrade rewards for 3 CQ on PTS), is how people are crying that it's not fair that people having alts have an advantage so it's only fair that they are getting penalized for it.

All I'm offering is a solution so that people who decide to only have one character don't get penalized for it, rather than nerfing people who do enjoy playing multiple characters.

That's a very bad idea. You'd create 5-10x more problems than you'd hope to solve.

Ok sure. But be more specific. All I see is a "it's a bad idea" but no explanation of WHY in your post.

its the worst idea ever.

since you give with this idea the final killing blow that will destory the conquest system for good when you fix notting and make it only worse that the chance a lot off players going to quit and thats not good for the game.

Ditto. Why is it the worst idea ever and why would it destroy conquest? Why would people quit over being able to complete multiple conquest with one character? It wouldn't change anything for people playing multiple characters.

Edited by Pricia

Ditto. Why is it the worst idea ever and why would it destroy conquest? Why would people quit over being able to complete multiple conquest with one character? It wouldn't change anything for people playing multiple characters.

since the discussions from 11 month's ago has show that the discussions about chance things about conquest was ending in a warzone more.

since Jackie has closed that thread at some point since it was a warzone more and not a discusion any more.

and a lot off people are getting sick with it the chance's each time.

the reason a lot off people are doing conquest's on a lot off chars is that there have something to do

since we get always 1 a year new content so to keep playing a lot off players use there toons to compleet conquest's on since there is notting else to do any more since there is notting to do any more if you reach end content and need to wait 1 full year to get new content.

and i not know about you but if the chance off conquest in 7.0 update is really that worse what there are telling from the PTS then your idea is much worse then we get in the 7.0 expension and then the conquest system will be destory for good then since its much worse then all the chance we got so far with the conquest.

since the discussions from 11 month's ago has show that the discussions about chance things about conquest was ending in a warzone more.

since Jackie has closed that thread at some point since it was a warzone more and not a discusion any more.

and a lot off people are getting sick with it the chance's each time.

the reason a lot off people are doing conquest's on a lot off chars is that there have something to do

since we get always 1 a year new content so to keep playing a lot off players use there toons to compleet conquest's on since there is notting else to do any more since there is notting to do any more if you reach end content and need to wait 1 full year to get new content.

and i not know about you but if the chance off conquest in 7.0 update is really that worse what there are telling from the PTS then your idea is much worse then we get in the 7.0 expension and then the conquest system will be destory for good then since its much worse then all the chance we got so far with the conquest.

I don't understand your argument. What "chance things"? I am so confused.

Edit: FYI I have alts. A lot. That I play every week. And I hate the change that will limit how many of them can complete CQ and still get a reward. But that doesn't mean that I don't understand why people who only play one character should not be able to get extra rewards too (maybe not the loot boxes, which may be gone in 7.0 anyway, but at least the tech fragments etc).

Edited by Pricia

I don't understand your argument. What "chance things"? I am so confused.

Edit: FYI I have alts. A lot. That I play every week. And I hate the change that will limit how many of them can complete CQ and still get a reward. But that doesn't mean that I don't understand why people who only play one character should not be able to get extra rewards too (maybe not the loot boxes, which may be gone in 7.0 anyway, but at least the tech fragments etc).

read this thread then you will understand good how worse it can be if there chance something with the conquest system.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989300

i have also alts now i have 8 chars where i compleet the conquest with it and after the 7.0 expension i have there 2 more.

i not care to switch between all 8 of then since in the end when i have compleet all the 8 personal conquest i focus on other things like level my toons that are not lvl 75 yet or have reach end game content yet.

if you play on one char its your choose and if others play on 10 or 15 its there choose.

tech fragments are easy to get since if you join a guild and there do guild invations you get extra tech fragments and run some flashpoints also and destory the lvl 75 gear and mods you get from drops and flashpoints.

and here is a tip completing personal conquest's is super easy.

if you run with 1 char some heroic's you get in no time 50k and use other chars to run the other heroic's on other planets to get also fast the 50k.

run with a other char the daily's on section X and you get also in no time 50k conquest points.

and with a other char level up what and compleet story line missions and bonus missions is also fast to get 50k

and thats only what you can do on day one with some chars the next day after the reset you can do it with other chars the same thing.

50k conquest points is super easy to get and in the next expension is 100k also super easy to get.

you need to know how to get then fast since its easy to get 50k and 100k conquest points.

why you think that some place's are full with other players since there wane get there 50k conquest points fast by doing heroic's or daily's

Edited by Spikanor

Yes but you only get the rewards once for it.

All I've seen since I started complaining about the rewards limits to CQ (you only got the upgrade rewards for 3 CQ on PTS), is how people are crying that it's not fair that people having alts have an advantage so it's only fair that they are getting penalized for it.

All I'm offering is a solution so that people who decide to only have one character don't get penalized for it, rather than nerfing people who do enjoy playing multiple characters.

Ok sure. But be more specific. All I see is a "it's a bad idea" but no explanation of WHY in your post.

If they are limiting Conquest Rewards to 1 Character, or 3 that is horrible, or WRONG!

I mean if you have just one Character that is your choice, yet people should be allowed to claim especially the Item Level Rewards from Conquest on ALL Character's to start boosting them Item Level! I have heard some suggest they may start removing Character's cause there's NO incentive of having some many, especially if they are so limiting how many can be boosted. I'd likely just FOCUS on my core 8 Legendary characters, yet I also only have 3 other character's and likely not wanting to start others...

Especially if I have to get more thru Chapter 3 just to choose another Combat Style.

Still the goal shouldn't be to prevent switching toons, as people like to play various styles; guild level up rewards require 50x those to craft the next GUILD unlock. That's brutal enough as it is!

Edited by Strathkin

If they are limiting Conquest Rewards to 1 Character, or 3 that is horrible, or WRONG!

if its true that in 7.0 there limit it to 3 chars when there reach max level that can compleet the conquest then the OP idea's is no need any more since bioware has Destroy the conquest system all in 7.0 on there own without any suggestion from somebody.

so we have to wait 9 day's before we know if it fails hard or not on the conquest part and if its true or not about the rummors.

if its true that in 7.0 there limit it to 3 chars when there reach max level that can compleet the conquest then the OP idea's is no need any more since bioware has Destroy the conquest system all in 7.0 on there own without any suggestion from somebody.

so we have to wait 9 day's before we know if it fails hard or not on the conquest part and if its true or not about the rummors.

Yeah I'm hopeful that they won't put the cap in the update, but considering that only ONE person seems to have noticed it, I'm guessing it will sneakily get through...

There is no limit to the amount of characters that can complete conquest. There is a weekly cap on a currency that you get for gearing (you get and need this material for all gearing paths). You hit the cap for this currency after three conquests. You can still do more conquests and get the other rewards.

Never understood players arguing against rewards.

As one who has multiple alts, I fully support those who have chosen to play a single toon (for whatever reason), but feel stifled by the limited rewards they receive versus the rewards garnered by folks who have a different style.

Hence why a scale, 50k,,,100k....150k etc., makes sense.

Dampening CQ rewards will simply frustrate people. There are other secondary effects, but I'll let Bioware discover those on their own.

Hence why a scale, 50k,,,100k....150k etc., makes sense.

50k conquest points was super easy to get since if you compleet lets tell the tython heroic mission and after that you compleet the coruscant heroic's you got fast 50k conquest points.

same go's for the imp side also.

and compleet the bonus missions also and you have 50k conquest points all.

same if you go to a planet like Section X and compleet 1 daily mission you get all more then 50K conquest points.

the 100k conquest points is also easy to get but its not that super easy any more that you can run it with a few heroic's more.

Never understood players arguing against rewards.

As one who has multiple alts, I fully support those who have chosen to play a single toon (for whatever reason), but feel stifled by the limited rewards they receive versus the rewards garnered by folks who have a different style.

i own 19 chars.

8 from then i play with on a normale base and there are all from the same 4 th class i play but have all 8 a diffrend story in the game more.

3 are my sellers where i sell stuff on the GTN.

2 are crafters where i craft mods i use from.

1 char i use to store all my legacy stuff on i get from the Daily login what i not need yet like exp boosters and so.

2 chars i have use to compleet only chapter 2 with it to get there buff unlockt.

2 chars are waiting for the next expension and only save there nickname's i wane use after 7.0 is live so soon i play on 10 chars total more.

and my last char i have left is only for the personal cargo bay.

and you have players that play on more chars and have also more accounts there play on so its there own style.

what i also see in the OP idea is that it has the same thing what we got in the game few years ago with the companions.

that we all got force by bioware that we cant chance the style from the companion for exemple: i remember good that Kira Carsen companion for the jedi knight class was on Damage setting and you cant chance it to Tank or heal.

and that Tharan Cedrax for the Jedi Consular class was a healer only.

so it suxs for a lot off players that only wane use there Favoriete companions but not can chance it from Damage to healer and from Healer to damage back then.

Edited by Spikanor

There is no limit to the amount of characters that can complete conquest. There is a weekly cap on a currency that you get for gearing (you get and need this material for all gearing paths). You hit the cap for this currency after three conquests. You can still do more conquests and get the other rewards.

Jury's out about what the other rewards are and if they will even be worth my time if I can't get more gear upgrades.

50k conquest points was super easy to get since

On a few characters, sure. But on 20? Not so much. This change just punishes people who have alts.

On a few characters, sure. But on 20? Not so much. This change just punishes people who have alts.

on 20 chars is it still easy to do.

the trick is to use diffrend conquest missions to compleet then.

for exemple 1 char do's the Yavin 4 daily's and compleets the first and second enemy's killed mission conquest + the daily missions compleet conquest points.

a other go's to GSF or Warzone and gets there the points from.

then you can take a other char to Section X and compleet the daily's and compleet also the first and second enemy's killed.

and take a other to balsaves for heroic's and also compleets the heroic's mission and compleet also some conquest missions for that planet on.

do run some flashpoints with some chars are way's.

if you have chars play some story mission.

and if you cant make it all in 1 day then wait for the reset on the next day and start again with the same daily's and heroic's on the other chars.

and not forget there are always guide's on youtube how to compleet the personal conquest in a few mins and what is the fast way to do it.

the same is going to happen after the next expension that there are guide's comming how to get 100k conquest points easy in a few mins.

on 20 chars is it still easy to do.

the trick is to use diffrend conquest missions to compleet then.

for exemple 1 char do's the Yavin 4 daily's and compleets the first and second enemy's killed mission conquest + the daily missions compleet conquest points.

a other go's to GSF or Warzone and gets there the points from.

then you can take a other char to Section X and compleet the daily's and compleet also the first and second enemy's killed.

and take a other to balsaves for heroic's and also compleets the heroic's mission and compleet also some conquest missions for that planet on.

do run some flashpoints with some chars are way's.

if you have chars play some story mission.

and if you cant make it all in 1 day then wait for the reset on the next day and start again with the same daily's and heroic's on the other chars.

and not forget there are always guide's on youtube how to compleet the personal conquest in a few mins and what is the fast way to do it.

the same is going to happen after the next expension that there are guide's comming how to get 100k conquest points easy in a few mins.

Well, 50k was relatively easy. 100k is going to be a PITA.

Well, 50k was relatively easy. 100k is going to be a PITA.

100k is still easy.

you know how much each conquest mission give's?

there are conquest missions that give 200k points thats 4 time's off your personal conquest limit you need to compleet and 2 time's more in the next expension the limit.

and not forget you get also conquest points for completing basic missions and bonus missions.

but to make more a end in this discusion since its become pointless more.

if you play with 1 char then its your choose and then you get less rewards then other players that play on more chars.

so its your own fault in the first place if you wane play on 1 char only and not the other players.

if others play on 15 chars then there get 15x more rewards then you get with 1 char.

100k is still easy.

you know how much each conquest mission give's?

there are conquest missions that give 200k points thats 4 time's off your personal conquest limit you need to compleet and 2 time's more in the next expension the limit.

and not forget you get also conquest points for completing basic missions and bonus missions.

but to make more a end in this discusion since its become pointless more.

if you play with 1 char then its your choose and then you get less rewards then other players that play on more chars.

so its your own fault in the first place if you wane play on 1 char only and not the other players.

if others play on 15 chars then there get 15x more rewards then you get with 1 char.

Well, my point was that BW doesn't like people switching to alts for CQ.

So they need to give us an alternative that doesn't involve just nerfing CQ.