Can we get clear info on Gear Achievements in 7.0?

merovejec

This is such a unique occurrence, it never happens. Nobody ever experiences this.

This also isn't a parody of another song describing the situation:

As I said, this is not about BiS gear at all, but the gear achievements for the set bonuses introduced recently. You can get BiS in one night with farming Red Reaper.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot the biggest grind fest: The Dark vs Light event some years ago, where we had to play through all content again. It was a lot cheevo points and a lot of effort to complete it, but they were also just reduced to 0 later. So yeah, they have done it multiple times in the past.

As I said, there were more. When it comes to DvL achievements they did make them 0 but lets be honest, it wasnt so hard to get those, it was basically leveling toons, something many of us do even now.

This is such a unique occurrence, it never happens. Nobody ever experiences this.

To be fair, that isn't exactly true for much of the game's history. Since maybe 2.0 set boni were tied to the armoring. Therefore it was possible to bring set boni to new shells and upgrade only the mod and enhancement slots. In fact, throughout much of the game, the set bonus was powerful enough that it overcame the difference in item rating. This became even better in 4.x because all versions started stacking, so even through 5.x and its item rating 258 armorings, down to 204 pvp-obtained armorings, the set bonuses would stack with each other, allowing someone to continue to maintain their 6 piece set bonus while having different generations of upgraded armorings.

While the original Tionese/Columi/Rakata set boni were tied to the shells, 6.0 brought that practice back, and not only did it link the set bonus back to the shells but it invalidated the previous set boni at the level cap, which also hadn't happened before. It was even possible to have pre 3.0 two- and four-pieces bonuses with a two-piece from the newer set bonuses, or vice versa, though in most cases the 6-piece was better.

I'm not saying new gear grinds don't occur with every level cap increase, of course they do, but there was a "golden age" so to speak within SWTOR where you could work on upgrading the item modifications of your gear while maintaining a set bonus with older generation armorings. Its hard to argue that wasn't a good feature.

Personally, I think the developers are disappointed in how their "horizontal progression" idea of 6.0 worked out ... set bonuses got nerfed if they were too powerful (Gathering Storm, Nimble Master, Concentrated Fire, Tactician, Meteor Brawler just to name a few) instead of buffing less competitive ones, with the exception maybe of Veteran Ranger and the two Sage/Sorc healing sets. Instead of providing the diversity of play for which they hoped, people still figured out there would be a best in slot option. The devs took the easiest option, to swing the nerf bat. Tanking sets were in general inferior to dps sets ... what was all that about? In addition, it looks like Force Clarity is going away for Guardians/Juggernauts, leaving Descent of the Fearless useless for those combat styles, so anyone like me who worked on two versions, one for tanking and one for dps, for all their G/J's would be out of luck. Since they look to be pruning abilities, things like Rebuking Assault and Endless Offensive would likely be nullified as well, since those sets enhance new abilities added with 6.0 just like DotF.

As I've gone through and looked at sets I'm lacking for the achievements, I've looked at some of the sets and thought, this is actually sort of interesting, obviously it falls short compared to (blank) but maybe if they had spent a little time improving those sets they might have been interesting. Probe Tech was the one I was thinking about this evening as a lost opportunity, but there are others to be sure. I still like Stationary Grit for Colossal Monolith on my VG tank, though I would love a 6 piece bonus. My hope is that the old sets are being scrapped in favor of some fresh designs to try and achieve their original goal of horizontal progression.

I guess my concern is less about the invalidation of set boni, or the shift of the achievements to the "Feats" zero-point category, and more about whether they will throw the baby of Spoils of War out with the bath water of set boni.

Edited by phalczen

You can get clear info on gear....about a week before it comes out. Same as all the other xpacs.

Really not sure why players ask this question every time a new Xpac is forthcoming. You been playing long enough to already know the answer without asking.

Thats the thing! The xpac comes out in 3 months. Should I be farming fragments like crazy or not? Thats a really important question. Thats all I have been doing in the game for the past months, ever since these achievements came to be. So it was a year or TCs, conquest and GSF. Boring, no? If they will make all this obsolete, i would like to know now.

As I said, there were more. When it comes to DvL achievements they did make them 0 but lets be honest, it wasnt so hard to get those, it was basically leveling toons, something many of us do even now.

Yeah, I didn't find them too hard either, but only because I was playing tank and had a friend doing it as healer. We didn't have problems getting groups, but I've seen a lot of people complaining they were unable to finish it for whatever reason.

Thats the thing! The xpac comes out in 3 months. Should I be farming fragments like crazy or not? Thats a really important question. Thats all I have been doing in the game for the past months, ever since these achievements came to be. So it was a year or TCs, conquest and GSF. Boring, no? If they will make all this obsolete, i would like to know now.

Why a year? 6.0 came out end of October 2019, so by the time 7.0 comes out it'll be over 2 years.

Why a year? 6.0 came out end of October 2019, so by the time 7.0 comes out it'll be over 2 years.

Remember the Master Mode Dxun sets didn't come out in October of 2019. There was no Master Mode version of that operation at launch of 6.0.

Master Mode Dxun launched in patch 6.1.2 which came out on 6/24/20. So just over 14 months for some of the achievements, and those are very RNG based, since they are not on the Kai Zykken vendor except in the form of the Random Unique item option

Edited by Toraak

Remember the Master Mode Dxun sets didn't come out in October of 2019. There was no Master Mode version of that operation at launch of 6.0.

Master Mode Dxun launched in patch 6.1.2 which came out on 6/24/20. So just over 14 months for some of the achievements, and those are very RNG based, since they are not on the Kai Zykken vendor except in the form of the Random Unique item option

Yup, this is what I meant. I also spend a lot of time on other stuff, so wasnt farming fragments from day 1 of the patch.

Yeah, I didn't find them too hard either, but only because I was playing tank and had a friend doing it as healer. We didn't have problems getting groups, but I've seen a lot of people complaining they were unable to finish it for whatever reason.

It was really hard to do them even back then, because there were certain big guilds also after them and they had alts placed at all locations just waiting for the magic hour. If you werent part of the guild u really had a tough time to get the ones you need.

Ah right, yeah you were talking about gear sets with bonuses. I'm not big on achievements, but it makes sense to me that you want to know what will happen with the achievements, since you do care about them. This opens up all sort of other questions that I won't pose here. I might not care about the achievements but I am curious now how they will handle this, especially if you can still get those achievements in 7.0.

It was really hard to do them even back then, because there were certain big guilds also after them and they had alts placed at all locations just waiting for the magic hour. If you werent part of the guild u really had a tough time to get the ones you need.

Ah, we are talking about different DvL. I think you are talking about the special bosses that only spawn when either side is winning. I'm talking about having to play most of the old content through (all fps in both difficulty modes), level all classes and so on. :) I think that lasted for a couple of months and we got XP armor set for it, Master Ranos and what not. That was a grindfest, but I liked it.

Ah right, yeah you were talking about gear sets with bonuses. I'm not big on achievements, but it makes sense to me that you want to know what will happen with the achievements, since you do care about them. This opens up all sort of other questions that I won't pose here. I might not care about the achievements but I am curious now how they will handle this, especially if you can still get those achievements in 7.0.

Yes, this is indeed something that I think even Devs didnt think off. RIght now we have set bonuses (as in expansions before) and these will not be working in 7.0 (as in expansions before) BUT whats different now is that there are achievements linked to these sets.

The thing is why would I go through the trouble of getting these sets in 7.0 if they will not work?? Whats the point of the achievements then?

• 1 month later...
I'd still like an answer to this as well. Granted I'm not expecting one unfortunately.

Still having horrible RNG on the last 2 sets I need.

Yeah, rng is a b**** here, having the same issues. Well with making Kai be up all time means at least something but yes, its no clear info.

An Excellent question, naturally the answer is "if we told you, then you wouldn't use the credit sink."

if they 0 sum the cheevos, as with DVL and NiM EV/KP then everyone loses the points. (not the progress)

however, as was pointed out previously, it would be rather a big middle finger to anyone who got them by grinding, to then basically just sell them to you in 7.0

and if you don't understand why cheevos matter, then maybe a thread about cheevos is not the best place for you.

IMNSHO

• 2 weeks later...
But seriously, if you are just gonna move them to Feats of Strenght and make them be worth 0 points then i want my sub money for the past 8 months back cause i have been doing just TC runs and GSF for fragments to buy the stuff from Kai!

But seriously, if you are just gonna move them to Feats of Strength and make them be worth 0 points then i want my sub money for the past 8 months back cause i have been doing just TC runs and GSF for fragments to buy the stuff from Kai!

They don't care about achievements. If they did they never would have created Feats of Strength in the first place. They never would have reset the DvL event achievements back in the day.