****** with cheating

maxternate

Hey all, just wanted to show a little something and I wanted your thought on it cause I really pissed with this type of things.

-> https://youtu.be/-qlJe9kCktA

Sorry for the bad quality of the video.

I was trying some setting to make a recording, and was recording a warzone.

Huttball it is ( love it, anyway ), the score is 3-1 , the ball is being taken by oppenants , all good, and scores 4-1.

But then, the ball comes back middle, the score directly changes to 5-1 , then the ball doesn't even comes back and the score goes to 6-1 and again in a split second, to 7-1 ...

What the hell ... Sorry but really ? ... wt *

Hey all, just wanted to show a little something and I wanted your thought on it cause I really pissed with this type of things.

-> https://youtu.be/-qlJe9kCktA

Sorry for the bad quality of the video.

I was trying some setting to make a recording, and was recording a warzone.

Huttball it is ( love it, anyway ), the score is 3-1 , the ball is being taken by oppenants , all good, and scores 4-1.

But then, the ball comes back middle, the score directly changes to 5-1 , then the ball doesn't even comes back and the score goes to 6-1 and again in a split second, to 7-1 ...

What the hell ... Sorry but really ? ... wt *

You should use the report function in the game and report what you saw. As well as sending this video and a report through this channel pvpReports@swtor.com. Just follow the information in this thread https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964857

Edited by TrixxieTriss

that video shows the guy clearly not moving from middle... outrageous levels of cheating openly too..

how are these people not perma banned?

I've stopped playing some characters I have cause of pvp cretins and their constant hounding and cheating within all pvp... shocking and horrible to experience.

I like how you setup your UI anyway exactly like mine :)

highly doubt its a cheat considering match is almost over with other team 3-1 and then scoring 4-1, seems like the ball bugged out after that 4th score. definitely not a cheat, seems more like swtor bugging out on itself tbh, happens from time to time usually end up being 1 extra point, havent seen it like this though. similar to the acid bug in quesh where u die to acid, respawn and die over and over and over again nonstop except this is with the ball scoring over and over again. player you are attacking is still in same spot and hasnt moved, and u are still hitting him even after the score goes up which means he hasn't teleported to end zone at all. definitely a swtor game bug issue, doubt it will get fixed though Edited by tharlainmar

highly doubt its a cheat considering match is almost over with other team 3-1 and then scoring 4-1, seems like the ball bugged out after that 4th score. definitely not a cheat, seems more like swtor bugging out on itself tbh, happens from time to time usually end up being 1 extra point, havent seen it like this though. similar to the acid bug in quesh where u die to acid, respawn and die over and over and over again nonstop except this is with the ball scoring over and over again. player you are attacking is still in same spot and hasnt moved, and u are still hitting him even after the score goes up which means he hasn't teleported to end zone at all. definitely a swtor game bug issue, doubt it will get fixed though

I’ve never heard or or seen this bug in Quesh (or OHB) in 9 years of playing. I know Quesh wasn’t here from the start and I know there are bugs, if this acid death thing you mention is a bug, it must be incredibly rare.

What the OP linked sure looks like a teleport hack of some sort. I’ve seen the score board bug before, but not like this. I think the OP should send the video and info to BioWare and let them decide.

Huttball is garbage anyway. It seems to have the most cheaters and bugs over any other mode.

Players warping around, players dropping to a lower level and the game not showing it, they just bounce around on the spot. The most lag than any other mode, the most cheats. Honestly hate the mode.

Not to mention the sharpest FPS drop than any other warzone. Just too much going on in the small area, the world and their wife using a million and one stuns and all those platforms that do damage if you walk over them and the launch pads. Can't stand the place.

Edited by Neo_Psy

I’ve never heard or or seen this bug in Quesh (or OHB) in 9 years of playing. I know Quesh wasn’t here from the start and I know there are bugs, if this acid death thing you mention is a bug, it must be incredibly rare.

What the OP linked sure looks like a teleport hack of some sort. I’ve seen the score board bug before, but not like this. I think the OP should send the video and info to BioWare and let them decide.

I've seen the same jugg get Quesh acid on him and die once. and then the rest of the game he would die of acid when he never went near the acid.

funny thing is...that teleport hack was almost as fast as an op lolrolling and holotraversing from spawn to goal! :p

quesh acid death bug happens more frequently than this bug of the ball scoring over and over again. Also I can guarantee you the scoring bug would have happened whether or not that guy picked up the ball. if that guy is teleport hacking then i must be the tooth fairy. Its basically the same thing as falling off the edge in odessen and dying and then dying again after respawning because the game thinks your location is still at the bottom, so you die another time and I think that bug happens all the time from what I can tell. regardless I suppose OP can send it to bioware if they don't see this post first if thats what OP wants, gotta get the bioware police on this because this is next level hacking even beyond jeezy if he's able to score back and forth in seconds ''teleporting'' while attacking and being attacked by OP at the same time hes teleporting to score lol. 99% sure just swtor game bug though.

Edited by tharlainmar

This doesn't look like cheating, but essentially the same as the acid bug already mentioned. The guy probably scored before and the engine thinks he's still in the endzone, so whenever he picks up the ball, it auto-scores. I vaguely remember having seen this one before.

Very unlikely to be a speed/teleport hack, as the character in question does not move at all. The speedhacks I've seen don't look like this, they actually involve the character moving, although very fast.

As usual, most hacking accusations can be explained by simple game mechanics/bugs. This seems to be no exception.

As others have said, this is a relatively uncommon bug, not a hack. The acid version has happened to me two or three times in the last year, and the scoring version has happened to my character twice and to games that I've been in a few more times.

As others have said, this is a relatively uncommon bug, not a hack. The acid version has happened to me two or three times in the last year, and the scoring version has happened to my character twice and to games that I've been in a few more times.

I’ll take your word on it. But it’s weird that this is the first time I’m hearing about the acid bug as it’s been described. The ball bug I’ve seen, but not multiple repeat times like the OP linked.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ll take your word on it. But it’s weird that this is the first time I’m hearing about the acid bug as it’s been described. The ball bug I’ve seen, but not multiple repeat times like the OP linked.

The acid bug seems to happen consistently when you use a movement enhancing ability after being knocked into acid, perhaps with a root break? I know for me it happened enough on my merc that I will not use hydraulics to get out of the acid pools anymore.

The scoring bug is kinda hilarious when it happens. You just touch the ball and it instantly scores. If you're the only person at mid, you just grab it a few times and the game is over. Would be nice to try some actual testing with a bugged player to see if it works when the ball is passed to them vs picking up from mid.

The acid bug seems to happen consistently when you use a movement enhancing ability after being knocked into acid, perhaps with a root break? I know for me it happened enough on my merc that I will not use hydraulics to get out of the acid pools anymore.

The scoring bug is kinda hilarious when it happens. You just touch the ball and it instantly scores. If you're the only person at mid, you just grab it a few times and the game is over. Would be nice to try some actual testing with a bugged player to see if it works when the ball is passed to them vs picking up from mid.

Ok, we’ll it seems I’ve learnt something about the acid bug. I’m wondering if this started after Quesh was added back to the rotation or was it there before?

I nearly always use my inquisitor speed run to get past acid or my warrior blade blitz or sniper roll and had no problems.

Have you tried it with other classes besides your merc? Maybe it’s a bug with the hydraulic override.

If we could pin point it, then it might be easier for Bioware to fix.

With the score bug I’ve only ever seen it score one goal per match. Never more than that before the other HBs were added back into the rotation. So I’m also wondering if Bioware did something to all HB maps and it carried over to OHB?

I do know they Nerfed the speed at which the ball carrier can move (at least for everyone except operatives). So maybe that’s triggering it.

The key to fixing it is finding out what triggers the bug.

Ok, we’ll it seems I’ve learnt something about the acid bug. I’m wondering if this started after Quesh was added back to the rotation or was it there before?

I nearly always use my inquisitor speed run to get past acid or my warrior blade blitz or sniper roll and had no problems.

Have you tried it with other classes besides your merc? Maybe it’s a bug with the hydraulic override.

If we could pin point it, then it might be easier for Bioware to fix.

With the score bug I’ve only ever seen it score one goal per match. Never more than that before the other HBs were added back into the rotation. So I’m also wondering if Bioware did something to all HB maps and it carried over to OHB?

I do know they Nerfed the speed at which the ball carrier can move (at least for everyone except operatives). So maybe that’s triggering it.

The key to fixing it is finding out what triggers the bug.

its been there since the beginning of quesh so its not recent whatsoever, not sure how it works but it happens to operatives and sorcs too so i can safely assume it happens like how abhaxus says with movement skills, the huttball score bug might just be the ball itself bugging out and its possible its over the moment the other team grabs the ball.

Could just be sheer luck that the bug happened to the ball and only the other team managed to pick up the ball super fast everytime. this bug has also been around since forever, before movespeed nerf, before quesh or vandin was added even but unlike the acid for quesh this happens randomly to any of the huttball maps. Like you said i've only seen it score again once also, this video proves it can happen more than 2 times ofc, could just be the stars lining up with this one

Edited by tharlainmar

its been there since the beginning of quesh so its not recent whatsoever, not sure how it works but it happens to operatives and sorcs too so i can safely assume it happens like how abhaxus says with movement skills, the huttball score bug might just be the ball itself bugging out and its possible its over the moment the other team grabs the ball.

Could just be sheer luck that the bug happened to the ball and only the other team managed to pick up the ball super fast everytime. this bug has also been around since forever, before movespeed nerf, before quesh or vandin was added even but unlike the acid for quesh this happens randomly to any of the huttball maps. Like you said i've only seen it score again once also, this video proves it can happen more than 2 times ofc, could just be the stars lining up with this one

Weird how I’d never seen those bugs in the first 7-9 years of the game considering OHB and Quesh used to be my favourite pvp and I’ve easily put 15,000+ hours into pvp.

I’m not doubting what you’re saying, just that I’d not heard or experienced it myself. I’m surprised this is a bug that’s not been discussed at length on the forums before now.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Weird how I’d never seen those bugs in the first 7-9 years of the game considering OHB and Quesh used to be my favourite pvp and I’ve easily put 15,000+ hours into pvp.

I’m not doubting what you’re saying, just that I’d not heard or experienced it myself. I’m surprised this is a bug that’s not been discussed at length on the forums before now.

If you search forums there are a few posts only maybe 1-4 with some that are in bug reports about quesh acid, one dating back to 2016. Not sure why you haven't experienced or heard about it in a quesh ball yet. Might just not have pvped as much as you thought you did, or it doesn't happen in midbies due to less movement, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by tharlainmar