Star Wars™: The Old Republic - The Story So Far

CharlesBoyd

• Dev Post

Hello there!

As we close in on our tenth anniversary celebration for SWTOR, we thought it'd be fun to provide a quick catch-up overview of the epic journey your characters have taken thus far. You can check out the video narrated by yours truly (and a text transcript) right here!

May the Force be with you!

Edited by JackieKo

This was beautiful Mr. Boyd, but if this new gearing system goes into effect as it is now, there is a significant group of Disabled players who may not be able to physically play this story that we all love and you put so much passion into. It might cut into your budget for cat food.

This was beautiful Mr. Boyd, but if this new gearing system goes into effect as it is now, there is a significant group of Disabled players who may not be able to physically play this story that we all love and you put so much passion into. It might cut into your budget for cat food.

As someone who has a disability IRL I find equating not getting max item rating as a solo player to being disabled quite tasteless. You never needed max item rating for solo content, there is nothing to indicate you will need it in 7.0 either.

Hello there!

As we close in on our tenth anniversary celebration for SWTOR, we thought it'd be fun to provide a quick catch-up overview of the epic journey your characters have taken thus far. You can check out the video narrated by yours truly (and a text transcript) right here!

Very nice recap Mr. Boyd, as a player who dabbles in all content SWTOR has to offer I am really looking forward to 7.0 and the 10th anniversary and whatever more 2022 has in store.

Hello there!

May the Force be with you!

THANKS so much Charles for posting this! I've always loved those amazing video cinematic trailers from 'Blur Studios' and i've always wondered/wished for BioWare to please use them AGAIN. (maybe if DisneyEA would grant u guys more budget$ ? :cool: )

Anyways, i wish i could be more similarly excited for upcoming '7.0 revamp' (totally changing our inventory sorting freedom?!?! Really BioWare?! sheesh smh :confused: ) but unfortunately, so far, i'm very concerned and very skeptical.

Particularly since it reminds me of what SOE did to beloved SWG back in 2005 'NGE'. :mad:

However, as always, i remain hopeful that my concerns & skepticism will turn out to be wrong.....and then i can truly continue to enjoy SWTOR for our *10th Anniversary* (and possibly beyond ;) ) . --- /tip-hat :ph_use_the_force:

p.s. Can't they clone you & your skills so that u guys can finally focus on GSF expansion please? It is, umm, STAR Wars after all, no? Just sayin' :csw_falcon:

Edited by Nee-Elder
please BioWare , please CONSIDER some of the ideas & concepts in my forum sig

As someone who has a disability IRL I find equating not getting max item rating as a solo player to being disabled quite tasteless. You never needed max item rating for solo content, there is nothing to indicate you will need it in 7.0 either.

I never said all disabled players would be physically unable to play the new content. I was not "equating" not having Max gear to being disabled. I have Cerebral Palsy and Chronic Fatigue. I am terrified that with the lowest gear available to Solo Players my pain levels will make story content impossible to play. The SoV FP nearly broke me before it was fixed.

I love this story I don't want to leave, but I am scared.

I never said all disabled players would be physically unable to play the new content. I was not "equating" not having Max gear to being disabled. I have Cerebral Palsy and Chronic Fatigue. I am terrified that with the lowest gear available to Solo Players my pain levels will make story content impossible to play. The SoV FP nearly broke me before it was fixed.

I love this story I don't want to leave, but I am scared.

Sorry I misread your sentence then as it read like you meant it in that way to me.

I really would try not to worry about item rating in 7.0 too much^^

There is no way BW will actually balance solo content to require hardmode/nim raid gear tiers, thats never happened before, and SoV was incredibly buggy for a long time (including its difficulty) as seen with enclave fp which was much easier solo at launch (actually much easier overal even on master mode).

Edited by Darthjantom

I understand I never thought you meant your comment in a bad way I just wanted to be clear. I am really worried though. I was so excited by the combat styles, the weapons in the Outfit Designer, and of course most importantly the Amazing story. It will break my heart if I can't play.

Dang dude! NICE!

It is hard to get hyped over it because of the amount of VERY bad and horrid changes incoming for 7.0 :mad::(, but at least the storyline doesn't seem to be one of them.

(Charles's your my fav dev because of the lore :D )

Edited by Lakemine

Thanks, Charles. I appreciate what you did for this game so far.

It's just a pity that all my interest in the new story has been killed by all the announced changes you have planned for 7.0. Not even sure if I want to start the stories of 7.0. Probably will with my mains on both sides, but I think I will keep all my other chars at the end of your great Vitiate-conclusion. That's a fitting end for this game.

Thanks, Charles. I appreciate what you did for this game so far.

It's just a pity that all my interest in the new story has been killed by all the announced changes you have planned for 7.0. Not even sure if I want to start the stories of 7.0. Probably will with my mains on both sides, but I think I will keep all my other chars at the end of your great Vitiate-conclusion. That's a fitting end for this game.

Well said. I think this sort of represents how I feel too.

The 7.0 changes have made me less likely to want to even do the story.

Sorry Charles, I’m sure it’s a good story. But your colleagues making unnecessary changes to the game has killed my desire to play it.