Class Story Restart - PLEASE READ

Neonxkz

Can we have the ability to restart our class story after finishing the story, so we can do it over again? It's hard to have a better appreciation for the stories, when stuck doing planet missions between all of them. After completing the story, it should be relatively easy to, make a setting where we can restart the story, and reset all the NPCs in the instances to Lvl 50. In the instances, you can only use companions that would have been normally unlocked by that point in the story.

Who wants to complete the story, which has alternate endings, and then get stuck wondering "what If I was Dark Side, or what if I was Light Side?" and then have to restart a whole other character just for that alternate experience?

Suggestions:

Cartel Market Purchase

Light/Dark Points Reset

PLEASE ADD THIS!!!

Those in Support: (This is not a petition!)

Anyakaschala

Akheria

Knight_Leader

EzioTheAssasin

Swedguy

TheBBP

Uruare

Jubilee

Darth__Reaver

LordMatthewS

Ruine

Willcutt

vadess

Kryand

Callaron

Max_Killjoy

Lord_Kavar

Colascione

Kingsbount

Storm-Cutter

Kissakias

DraonaiMimnov

pehwraah

smartalectwo

AngFour

MiguelGx

Jedi_Consular_El

Edited by Neonxkz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as a cartel market, subscriber discounted item, it would be plausible. Re-balancing all 8 class stories to a new level, probably not. I would rather see that much work go to new 55 HM FPs. But I would like this too, in some form, that benefits the long term health of the game too.

I think as a cartel market, subscriber discounted item, it would be plausible. Re-balancing all 8 class stories to a new level, probably not. I would rather see that much work go to new 55 HM FPs. But I would like this too, in some form, that benefits the long term health of the game too.

I just think it's easier to appreciate the stories if you're able to play them over again. It can get hard to remember a lot of details of the story when doing Warzones, Ops, Flashpoints,and other missions in between the Class Story missions.

Edited by Neonxkz

I posted this last week but my idea involved after you set the story it goes in too hard mode and balances with you lvl but thanks for ignoring my post I thought I had a good idea

I didn't want to get too in depth with the whole thing. I just want this for pure story purposes, not a challenge. I was just thinking of just resetting the NPCs to level 50, would be easy enough.

I would pay to play my class story over again. Especially the Knight story. It was the first story that I finished and a lot of it is blurry to me. I want to experience it again. Edited by TheBBP

I just think it's easier to appreciate the stories if you're able to play them over again. It can get hard to remember a lot of details of the story when doing Warzones, Ops, Flashpoints,and other missions in between the Class Story missions.

So... don't... do the planet quests while running the story missions... if you don't want to run them all, use XP boosts and you can actually skip most of them and still avoid PvP, FP, etc...

This game hands out XP like candy...

Can we have the ability to restart our class story after finishing the story, so we can do it over again? It's hard to have a better appreciation for the stories, when stuck doing planet missions between all of them. After completing the story, it should be relatively easy to, make a setting where we can restart the story, and reset all the NPCs in the instances to Lvl 50. In the instances, you can only use companions that would have been normally unlocked by that point in the story.

PLEASE ADD THIS!!!

An amazing idea:):):)

I definitely support the idea of reexperiencing the Class Stories. Creating new characters to relive the class stories can be a somewhat annoying experience, so the idea of restarting the Class Story sounds great. Being able to choose a specific class quest to replay would be pretty neat as well.

Overall, I am in full support of this idea.

However I would assume that if. If this would happen, would you be able to go on different story routes? I won't spoil the IA ending for Chap 1, but you get a couple of choices leading you to class quests by different names. I think it would be cool to go on different story routes myself.

Edited by Swedguy

PLEASE ADD THIS!!!

I look at it completely differently

Let's take a Force-user story...

I wouldn't be able to have a better appreciation for the story if my character wasn't getting stronger with experience.

I believe that leveling up and becoming stronger is all part of the story experience. It adds so much to the story.

I could never simply start running the story at max level.

There needs to be development...your character needs to grow as the story progresses...that's what makes a great story and a great character.

That's my opinion of course...and it's why I always re-roll my character from scratch when I want to play through the story again.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Why not roll another alt?

It's very easy to reset the story. Just start a new alt.

This indeed is an option. Had I not already leveled a Knight, 4 Troopers, a Consular and a Smuggler across 2 different servers, I might feel like leveling again.

However, I have spent more than my share of time running quests and I would rather just redo my class story and I would pay to do so.

I do not want another alt.

Edited by TheBBP

I support this 100%. Class story stuff should be repeatable even before we finish the entire story. Heroics are. Why not set them up just like that, but only grant generic level appropriate quest rewards for running them after the first time.

I know I'd be rather eager to redo my bh's story. It's been so long that I barely remember most of it, but I'll never likely make another one. I don't WANT another one.

What does this mean are you talking about the ability to replay the cutscenes over and over again whenever you want to hear the story

Please keep in mind I am only taking a guess as I am NOT able to read what anybody is saying I was only able to make out the subject title of this topic

If that is what you're asking for I totally support this 100 percent I would love to be able to rerun all cutscenes

What does this mean are you talking about the ability to replay the cutscenes over and over again whenever you want to hear the story

Please keep in mind I am only taking a guess as I am NOT able to read what anybody is saying I was only able to make out the subject title of this topic

If that is what you're asking for I totally support this 100 percent I would love to be able to rerun all cutscenes

Not just watch the cutscenes, but to relive the fights, the quests and make the choices involved in the Class Story.

Not just watch the cutscenes, but to relive the fights, the quests and make the choices involved in the Class Story.

Sorry I can't read your answer please make the context much bigger size 6 is great.

/signed

99% class stories are dead. This would be nice, especially if instances are rebalanced to 55. Redo everything with companion of my choice and the armor that was level-locked. Wouldn't pay anything outside of my sub however.

It's very easy to reset the story. Just start a new alt.

Starting a new alt comes with all of the problems of having to level the alt too. Just for story purposes, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to restart it. There's really no harm in making it where we can restart our class story, and enjoy just the story and that's it. I don't want to deal with warzones, flashpoints, ops, and other missions.

I actually really support this. The story missions are actually really good for all the classes I've played, and I would love to spend a weekend just running the class missions for a 'rerun'. Alts are great, but it would be fun to replay my main and his quest - just for the fun of it.

As for rewards, maybe make the replay rewards just cosmetic stuff - nothing with stats so its' only for fun.

I wouldn't be able to have a better appreciation for the story if my character wasn't getting stronger with experience.

I believe that leveling up and becoming stronger is all part of the story experience. It adds so much to the story.

There needs to be development...your character needs to grow as the story progresses...that's what makes a great story and a great character.

That's my opinion of course...and it's why I always re-roll my character from scratch when I want to play through the story again.

While I understand your point, the ability to reset your class story is a good one. And to the one that wants to re-experience it, it allows them to. The ones that want to progress again can still roll a new alt.

Personally for me, I think it's a great idea. And I have 9 55's. Male and female on both sides. I'd love the ability to go back and re-do the story from a different perspective, trying new conversations, playing my toon in a completely different tone.

As a side note: I like the suggestion that it's a cartel coin buy. What I would also like to see is a reset of light/dark side, thus allowing for a new toon too go thru the story in reverse if they chose, or neutral, or whatever.

I still don't see the problem. We are not taking anything awaya with this addition. Me personally, I'd RP and when starting the class story over again, I would use a practice saber, until i've earned my lightsaber in the story. You can still make another alt if you want. It's just not fair for people who want to replay their class for story purposes to have to go through the same planet missions, ops, and flashpoints you go through with every other class.