Galactic Weekly Mission

Sazodeha

When you open the galactic season window, you have those two dots, two for weekly, two for daily (Subscriber), I just completed the solo flashpoint star fortress, all 6. Of course story mode as I am solo. But after completing it I still have two empty dots under weekly?? Do I only get credit for completing it if I do the vet/group version?? Is there any missions/flashpoint that I can do that will give me weekly credit solo? I do not have time for groups. I get pulled away from the pc to regularly with work. Advice please

As far as I know you indeed have to do the VETERAN version to complete the weekly PO.

Depending on your skill level and gear, VETERAN is soloable but takes quite a bit longer than the solo version. In a duo or group it can be cleared fairly quickly. You will need someone who is either good/quick or understanding I guess.

EDIT: PvP and GSF are relatively quick 'group content'. I do not think you can solo weekly's.

Edited by Gokkus

How do I even get StarFortress in "veteran" mode. When I talk to Sargent Ahkar, the only option he gives me is "Story Mode" or "Refuse Mission"

You must take the mission from the dude ("Miot"?) in the corridor going to the Military Hangar, and run the Story mode once.

Then you must take the Alliance Alerts that this unlocks. There are six, corresponding to the six planets where you can find Star Fortresses. Each one follows the same pattern:

* Talk to the advertised contact on the planet.

* Scout the shield generator bunker (like on the Endor moon).

* Gather Locked Alliance Crates and give them to the contact until you have given enough. (Ten, if memory serves.)

* If you don't have the crates lying around, run heroics to get them.

* Go with the contact to the bunker, and blow the reactors in the bunker to break the shield.

* Go back to Odessen and run that planet's Veteran (beware: the mission will say to run "Heroic" - it means Veteran) mission.

* The mission contact joins you as a companion.

Once you have run a planet once in Veteran for the above, you can run it again in Veteran any time you like.

Also:

Of course story mode as I am solo.

This is a non-sequitur. They are designed to be feasible solo if you are reasonably good at playing hard fights solo(1), and they can be done in groups. There aren't many people running them in groups at the moment because they aren't very rewarding, although the POs for them have probably helped mitigate that.

(1) https://i.imgur.com/TZh9uQu.jpg is a screenshot from me soloing the Destroy mission (Veteran) on Nar Shaddaa. The character is a level 75 Telekinesis Sage (mirror of Lightning Sorcerer), wearing 304-rated armour with two pieces of the The Victor set and no Tactical at all. Her companion is Nadia Grell at Influence Rank 23.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

@SteveTheCynic: That looks like the Elegant Dress set with Yarvok's Gratitude on the character. Nice. Did you dye it? Also mind charing the costume (*) and customization on Nadia? I like it that she comes back looking and sounding a bit more like a woman than a girl. Never found a satisfactory outfit for her.

(*) Looks like it might be the Elegant Dress as well.

Edited by mike_carton