Maximum number of phase resets!

merovejec

So I have been running the story mode if the new fps 25x for the achievements and when i was 23/25 i got the message that “You have reached the maximum number of phase resets allowed. Please try again later.”

So is this a new thing? I remember this for instanced heroics when people farmed GC ranks, but not for flashpoints!

• 3 months later...

What the hell is this crap?! Working on the weekly Star Fortress running 6x SM since SM is actually more interesting than heroic (faster, easier and you get 4 decos per run instead of 3 in heroic, because devs logic). Just as I picked my 6th mission the "door" is orange instead of purple, can't get in because apparently I have hit my maximum of phase resets. How is completing a "flashpoint" (since SF are considered flashpoints) equivalent to resetting a phase?!

If I haven't right click on my portrait to reset, I HAVEN'T RESET IT.

Edited by demotivator

What the hell is this crap?! Working on the weekly Star Fortress running 6x SM since SM is actually more interesting than heroic (faster, easier and you get 4 decos per run instead of 3 in heroic, because devs logic). Just as I picked my 6th mission the "door" is orange instead of purple, can't get in because apparently I have hit my maximum of phase resets. How is completing a "flashpoint" (since SF are considered flashpoints) equivalent to resetting a phase?!

Whatever gave you that idea?

I had that happen to me a few weeks ago. I hadn't been resetting the phase on anything either. I believe I quit the game and launched it again and it worked. I'm pretty sure it's a bug since it's happening without actually using the reset feature.

p.s. Star Fortress is indeed a Flashpoint

Probably the 4.0 patch notes.

New Flashpoint: Star Fortress! Conquer the new Flashpoint and liberate the Galaxy from the grasp of the Eternal Empire!

Well that serves me right for not doing research first lol. Though I will say that BW has been very inconsistent in their naming and what it actually is

You see, it's not like other FPs. It's not listed in the FPs in the GF. And it's weird also how it has a Story mode and then a Heroic mode, which is also not like other Flashpoints. I suppose you could see Heroic mode as the current VM but does it even have a MM? I don't remember that ever being there.

So it's all very confusing but notwithstanding them calling Star Fortress a FP, they also haven't put it in the same category as the rest of the FPs.

Well that serves me right for not doing research first lol. Though I will say that BW has been very inconsistent in their naming and what it actually is

You see, it's not like other FPs. It's not listed in the FPs in the GF. And it's weird also how it has a Story mode and then a Heroic mode, which is also not like other Flashpoints. I suppose you could see Heroic mode as the current VM but does it even have a MM? I don't remember that ever being there.

So it's all very confusing but notwithstanding them calling Star Fortress a FP, they also haven't put it in the same category as the rest of the FPs.

From a conquest standpoint, Star fortress awards points for:

Star Fortress SM and also for Flashpoint SM

or

Star Fortress (heroic) and also Flashpoint VM

For any FP (story or vet) mode objectives requiring multiple runs, Star Fortress counts toward their progress.

The reason SF isn't on the GF FP list is because access isn't permitted until you progress to a certain point in the Star fortress story, which isn't available until you get to KotFE chapter 9.

From a conquest standpoint, Star fortress awards points for:

Star Fortress SM and also for Flashpoint SM

or

Star Fortress (heroic) and also Flashpoint VM

For any FP (story or vet) mode objectives requiring multiple runs, Star Fortress counts toward their progress.

The reason SF isn't on the GF FP list is because access isn't permitted until you progress to a certain point in the Star fortress story, which isn't available until you get to KotFE chapter 9.

Which is also a difference with other FPs. I mean you don't get to go there before you reach a certain point in the story but you can spoiler yourself with all the other FPs that are related to the main story. That's yet another type of inconsistency but that's a different topic.

There are as many differences as there are similarities in the end. Of course I don't expect BW to be consistent, I gave up on that years ago. I just point it out now.

And it's weird also how it has a Story mode and then a Heroic mode, which is also not like other Flashpoints. I suppose you could see Heroic mode as the current VM but does it even have a MM? I don't remember that ever being there.

The Heroic thing is a bug - back before 5.0 they had SOLO and HEROIC 2+ as modes (which made their "flashpointness" even weirder), but 5.0 did the following;

* Changed the names of the modes to STORY and VETERAN.

* Left the reference to Heroic in the mission-log entry alone.

The second has caused a series of complaints and questions since 5.0 came out, people saying that there must be a bug in the FP somewhere, but without realising that the bug is not a bug in STORY mode, but rather in the mission text.

To me, though, the key difference with other FPs is loot. Veteran DSF missions drop exactly no gearing loot. No flashpoint lootbox at the end, no end-game loot from the Exarch, nor from the Paladins, no Tech Frags, no PISes, nothing. All you get is about eight hundred credits from the Exarch.

The Heroic thing is a bug - back before 5.0 they had SOLO and HEROIC 2+ as modes (which made their "flashpointness" even weirder), but 5.0 did the following;

* Changed the names of the modes to STORY and VETERAN.

* Left the reference to Heroic in the mission-log entry alone.

The second has caused a series of complaints and questions since 5.0 came out, people saying that there must be a bug in the FP somewhere, but without realising that the bug is not a bug in STORY mode, but rather in the mission text.

To me, though, the key difference with other FPs is loot. Veteran DSF missions drop exactly no gearing loot. No flashpoint lootbox at the end, no end-game loot from the Exarch, nor from the Paladins, no Tech Frags, no PISes, nothing. All you get is about eight hundred credits from the Exarch.

Well I think that with 5.0 they needed to make a decision on what to make out of it and they decided to go with grouping it with FPs, but with notable differences:

• The loot as you said
  • The story requirement (you need to get to chapter IX before you can enter them)
  • The lack of an MM
  • Not being available in the GF

I think that it's because it WAS a heroic that was instanced; some new format perhaps that they tried out and it failed, as in not enough people cared for it. So then they had to decide what the future of it was and I suppose it made sense to class it as an FP rather than a Heroic, but as I said with some notable differences because it wasn't originally meant to be an FP I think.

Edited by Tsillah

• 7 months later...