Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, PLEASE listen to this request. I can guarantee pretty much EVERYONE wants it!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Devs, PLEASE listen to this request. I can guarantee pretty much EVERYONE wants it!

LeMage
12.02.2021 , 11:34 PM | #61
Well IDK if most everyone, some or three want this. It could be put into a wish list along with all the other wishes we have. Me, I'd like bugs to be fixed before new stuff is implemented. Even then depends where this would fall in priorities, it might only be a nice to have whereas there are 47 bugs that out to have been squashed by now of which 4 are critical. There will never be a state of no bugs (yeah never say never)

Its been said the majority of players don't frequent the forums, very often or at all. That leaves the passionate, trolls, the pissed off folks saying they will quit, casual gamer and ppl looking for info specific to the game. So how do we find out what everyone wants, or would like to see if only a subset of players are here?
Survey? You'd have to make it worthwhile to answer and have to feel that the Devs would seriously look at the results.
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

DarthCasus
12.03.2021 , 12:02 AM | #62
I'd appreciate this, good ask, regardless of the needless negativity.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

TrixxieTriss
12.03.2021 , 12:52 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by LeMage View Post
Survey? You'd have to make it worthwhile to answer and have to feel that the Devs would seriously look at the results.
I’ve said it a few times over the years that BioWare should run player surveys so they actually know what people want or what players think of the choices BioWare make for us.

It should not be too difficult. All they’d need to do is have one question pop up when you login before you can hit play. Other games do this quite often.

SteveTheCynic
12.03.2021 , 01:20 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I mean, fair, but often those types of halting problems tend to be on a much larger scale trying much grander things than just a video game.
Do you even know what the halting problem *is*? (There's only one.)

For the audience:

The halting problem is a conceptual problem in computer science, but it's a specific instance of a general problem in advanced logic systems, derived from Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem.

The halting problem introduces the idea of a general program analyser that can predict if a program halts (runs to completion) or not (runs in some sort of infinite loop). This type of analyser is impossible, if it can truly analyse *any* program *and* be 100% correct.

Why?

Well, because what does it say if I write a program that loops if the analyser says it halts, and halts if the analyser says it loops? (That is, the program calls the analyser, giving *itself* as input, and decides what to do based on that analysis, but it is contrarian and does the opposite of what is predicted.)

It's a conceptual relative of statements with undecidable truth values, like:

This sentence is false.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

TziganeNZ
12.03.2021 , 06:52 PM | #65
Yeah, nah - not something I want.

What I *would* like, however, are:

1. A list of completed missions (doesn't need the detail, just the mission name. EQ2 does this and it's very helpful)
2. A way to save mail/letters

kage_goomba
12.03.2021 , 07:35 PM | #66
I just love it when people speak for me.

As much as I'd enjoy such a thing - this is a very...very...very...very low priority item in my eyes.
Not worth much.

I'd rather spend money AND wait a few months for an entire patch dedicated to QoL Fixes....not this.

<thumbs down>

kirorx
12.04.2021 , 04:23 AM | #67
You said everyone, so you are just going to get a bunch of responses on here about how you dont speak for everyone.

You can speak for me though, I love this idea