Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In Preparation for 6.0 - what are the TOP things to do
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tarackian
10.17.2019 , 03:11 PM | #31
Uh you should have told everyone the conquest change a week ago

Lots of guilds will not be making 6.0's goals with this week limp conquest objectives.

DarthBatemanJ
10.17.2019 , 03:20 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.
  • Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric
Some very good information here. I echo other's comments that the guild conquest should have been stated last week since many guilds may have chosen different planets this week since the 6.0 points are based on increased points for every objective as well to offset the higher point threshold. Expecting a guild to now make 5 million points instead of 1.3 without those increased objective points is completely unrealistic and highly frustrating.

A suggestion to alleviate this would be to ignore what size of planet a guild invaded this week and simply check the accumulated guild points against the NEW values and apply rewards accordingly. If this was already the plan, then good work thinking ahead about it. If it wasn't the plan, then it SHOULD be.
Rutunest

Kass
10.17.2019 , 03:20 PM | #33
[color=#f9d648]Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.

[*]Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.

No thank you... just raise the GC Point Cap.
Kass'yan
KTD - Republic Commando - "We're coming... and we're bringing Guns..."
"All Mods have been alerted to your presence, sir!" *
S0-B1 aw350m3n355 @ b31ng a Tr011 ha5 b33n c0mpr0m15ed. Mu5t f1nd 3as13r markz

GracePatienceBli
10.17.2019 , 03:22 PM | #34
Considering the setbonus shells. Do you need to put the appropriate armourings and mods inside these to get the setbonus ? Or will they autofill? I have my gear in legacy gear and the pieces skattered among multiple toons? WIll they become legacy as well?
http://www.swtor.com/r/hBg9Gt

recalcitrantIre
10.17.2019 , 03:24 PM | #35
Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
I'm assuming you mean the unassembled pieces that are primarily dropped in operations with 'command gear pieces' here but the choice of words is still a little ambiguous imo, can we get a clarification?

RameiArashi
10.17.2019 , 03:26 PM | #36
I got several characters through Jedi Under Siege mostly skipping to it.

I did have the day off work then the morning cashier Quito. Oh well probably wont have the servers back online until I get et off work in the afternoon anyway. After the early the crash because too many people trying to play first hour.

Christie_Swift
10.17.2019 , 03:45 PM | #37
Hey all!

• Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric
Thank you ALL this is really helpful. Lots of stuff to do but better be safe than sorry
The light shines in the darkness. The darkness does not
extinguish the light.

For great freebies click here http://www.swtor.com/r/79NsBH

The-Kaitou-Kid
10.17.2019 , 03:46 PM | #38
Eric, can you explain the thought process behind this change? This is extremely annoying, especially considering the expected cost of augmentation kits in the upcoming update since the crafting requirements are so high. I'm not so much worried about the implications on legacy gear, which I imagine are still fairly crippling for people that used that system heavily, but the credit cost this is going to incur to reaugment gear constantly is immense.

The options seem to be either sink millions of credits into reaugmenting gear at every step of the gear progression or go without augments entirely until you get your final set of gear. Neither of those options sound appealing to me for my main, who I've always kept in a single set of augmented armor that I could then swap mods into without needing to reaugment.

Am I looking at this the wrong way? This seems like a really bad change.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

ceryxp
10.17.2019 , 03:47 PM | #39
Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
Thanks for the heads up. I can now completely ignore conquest for the week because there is no way I'm going to hit 500k, and the personal rewards are fairly useless, so, yeah, it's back to ignoring conquest. I'm so glad you told us before I spent all that time working on conquest this week (except for the hours I've already wasted). Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

EricMusco
10.17.2019 , 03:49 PM | #40 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by recalcitrantIre View Post
I'm assuming you mean the unassembled pieces that are primarily dropped in operations with 'command gear pieces' here but the choice of words is still a little ambiguous imo, can we get a clarification?
You are correct!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]