How do i talk to my companion in private?

xnoxiousx

Im lvl 12 sith warrior and i cant figure out how to do it. Im in some jungle area now should i have been able do it? I did my first flash point also but never have i seen area to go into my ship.

Cantina and your Ship. Enter them and they pop up with a quest marker above their heads.

Anyone else having the issue of not being able to talk to companion on your ship?

Jedi Consular and I cant talk to Tharan Cedrax or Qyzan Fess on my ship. I can however talk to them in a cantina but in the cantina Tharan is saying he wants to talk to me on my ship.

Your companion might not have anything special to say to you yet. The conversations with them are based on how much affection you have with them. once you reach the right point, they'll usually tell you "We need to talk," or something along those lines. Of course, that might come in the middle of a fight and is easy to not hear. If you want to check, just try talking to them anywhere. If they say "We should talk in private," then they're ready to talk. Head to a cantina (I've noticed the cantina outside of the Republic Senate Tower, where the smuggler trainer is, doesn't seem to work for this, for some reason.), or your ship, and you should see a marker appear over your companion, showing them as a quest giver. This just further goes to show you when your companion is ready to have a conversation with you. Each time you visit your ship, I'd suggest doing rounds and visiting each of your companions to see if they've got anything interesting to say.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else having the issue of not being able to talk to companion on your ship?

Jedi Consular and I cant talk to Tharan Cedrax or Qyzan Fess on my ship. I can however talk to them in a cantina but in the cantina Tharan is saying he wants to talk to me on my ship.

I had that happen to me last night. My companion wanted to talk to me on my ship, but when we boarded the ship, he had nothing to say. And when we left the ship, he wanted to talk to me. So I tried the cantina (the one where we've conversed in before) and he had nothing to say.

Maybe it's bugged?

I am a Sith Warrior and had the same situation with Vette(affection around 6500 as i post this).I had the conversation mark and I was going from random Cantinas to my ship but she seemed to change her mind.Suddenly last night I was in my ship finishing a quest and Vette gets the quest mark above her head.That was it for me after that I talked with her like ten times in a row.

• 3 weeks later...
I had that happen to me last night. My companion wanted to talk to me on my ship, but when we boarded the ship, he had nothing to say. And when we left the ship, he wanted to talk to me. So I tried the cantina (the one where we've conversed in before) and he had nothing to say.

Maybe it's bugged?

Yep, same here. I have maxed out affection with Elara Dorne, and I can't talk to her at all, not since about 7500 affection. I have tried everything and apparently the "Want to talk on the ship" icon that shows up on their portrait is completely fake. It just shows up whenever it feels like it, and when I go to the ship to try it out, it doesn't work at all. Same thing wiht the "talk in private" icon. If I ever get lucky enough when she actually wants to talk (last time was around 7500, now im at 10000), she gives me all the built up dialog quests that I wasnt able to do before. I really want this bug to get noticed so they can hurry up and fix it.

I think the "want to talk" icons are still a little bugged - the best indicator of whether they want to talk, and where, is usually when you click on them and they tell you. The icon will show up sometimes and disappear randomly, but the voice over has been correct for me in all cases.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a Sith Inquisitor, lvl 19 and I'm unable to talk to Khem aboard my ship or in a cantina. I've talked to him in a cantina before, though. When I click on him, he tells me he wants to talk privately on my ship. When I get to the ship, his companion icon disappears and I can't summon him, but he's not gone. He's in the room across the hall from the entrance/exit from the ship.... I guess it's his "bedroom" because there are beds in the room. When I click on him, he just tells me he's tired of waiting. Why can't I summon him and see his companion picture when I'm on my ship? I guess this is a bug, but it's really irritating. I hope they fix it soon.

I'm a Sith Inquisitor, lvl 19 and I'm unable to talk to Khem aboard my ship or in a cantina. I've talked to him in a cantina before, though. When I click on him, he tells me he wants to talk privately on my ship. When I get to the ship, his companion icon disappears and I can't summon him, but he's not gone. He's in the room across the hall from the entrance/exit from the ship.... I guess it's his "bedroom" because there are beds in the room. When I click on him, he just tells me he's tired of waiting. Why can't I summon him and see his companion picture when I'm on my ship? I guess this is a bug, but it's really irritating. I hope they fix it soon.

There is no summoning companions on a ship. They are just there. If anything is a bug, it's likely him saying he wants to talk to you. Give him some gifts, raise his affection by like 500 and continue with your class quest. You'll be able to talk to him, I am halfway to my third 50 and have never had issues talking to companions.

There is no summoning companions on a ship. They are just there. If anything is a bug, it's likely him saying he wants to talk to you. Give him some gifts, raise his affection by like 500 and continue with your class quest. You'll be able to talk to him, I am halfway to my third 50 and have never had issues talking to companions.

Affection is around 2750/10000. I'll try giving more gifts and see if that helps. I realize companion conversations are bugged for some. Thanks for your response. :)

• 2 weeks later...

New player here but, I had trouble talking to her, I just went to the cantina and a private area ish

Like on the starship fleet, I went to the red carpeted areas with tables and chairs and right clicked to start a conversation and it worked.

Have not run into any other problems,

try going to different areas on your ship/different areas of cantinas

Some conversation HAVE to be in the ship and some can just be in the cantina.

Tip: If you are planning to "max out" the affection as much as you can, it is better to give level 1 gift that they LOVE until around 4k THEN talk to them. You will gain same amount of affection when talking to them and it is "cheaper" to gain them after 4k (after that gifts get VERY expensive)

• 3 weeks later...
I got the trouble with my champ that after i hag given her som gifts she won't talk to me anymore.. is it a bug or something? been like gon from like 3200 to 4800 affection without any talking with her at all.. HELP!!

I got the trouble with my champ that after i hag given her som gifts she won't talk to me anymore.. is it a bug or something? been like gon from like 3200 to 4800 affection without any talking with her at all.. HELP!!

Try talking with her aboard your ship. If that doesn't work, then you might just need to get to next chapter in game for her to start the convos again. Not sure if this was intended or a bug -- but that's how it was with all of my companions.

• 4 weeks later...

The Companion discussions and quests are gated on both the companion affection level and your progress through your class storyline. However, the "I want to talk to you in private" message from the companion is sometimes only gated on the companion affection level.

So if your companion affection is progressing faster than Bioware anticipated, you will see this happen, until you hand in a particular mission at which point you will often get 2 or 3 conversations in quick succession.

I was having problems with this also. I was in the senate cantina, and all it said was "need to talk with you in private" Without doing anymore quests I used my emergency fleet pass and went into the cantina in the middle of the republic fleet main level and this popped the quest above the companions head. Also I went to a large cantina, can't remember where, but it was large with multiple rooms and exotic dancers and this cantina popped the companion quest too. Hope it helps, when all else fails try the main cantina inside the fleet.