Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2020 Greetings from Keith!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DavidAtkinson
01.31.2020 , 12:33 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Hmm, it might some sort of Old Republic movie tie-in.... or some sort of KOTOR-remake tie-in.

Speculation is fun. I honestly don't know what you two are talking about. "Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst" is a more healthy mindset.
You think they might doing another MMO ? There are these rumours about that new Old Republic game that no one knows what's it going to be....

The only salvation I see for this game is moving on to SWTOR 2 or something similar. I doubt they will update the engine of a 10 year old game, but who knows. We shall see... If they already said they have plansfor 2021 that is good news that something is going to happen.
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

DarthSpuds
01.31.2020 , 12:54 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
So disappointed. Absolutely nothing about the bugs or fixing them.
Yup.

Just another "hey we have great things in the future; but please ignore how many times we have promised that in the past, and failed to deliver." post.

Bioware Austin, especially the Lead Producer and Community Manager need to start to grasp a very simple basic principle of good business practice: "talking the talk" is fine for getting people interested in your product; but "walking the walk" is what keeps them as paying customers.

Bioware's "hey we have great things lined up for the future" posts are talking-the-talk.
Unfortunately when it comes to walking-the-walk all we get is Tier 11 Crafting, and year and years of unfixed bugs.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

KendraP
01.31.2020 , 01:24 PM | #153
And I also notice that once again they stop talking to us. It's simple, Mr Musco, Mr Kanneg, et al, if you actually bother to communicate with us, even if it's not always what I want to hear, I'm less likely to be a flaming jerk because at least there is an open and honest communication.

I fail to see how Mr Musco was so overworked he needed help when this community is so atrociously managed.

Sarova
01.31.2020 , 02:04 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by TinaLovesHan View Post
...and where is Zenith? :P
Plus one for the "where is Zenith" queue/pitchfork protest. He's an underrated companion and the only part of the Consular story I really liked. I always said he should have been a romance option from day one (especially for neutral/DS consulars) so I hope when he does return, they've allowed this (and we get to find out his real name).* Charles did say 6.2 would be crazy! And whilst I'm on the subject of crazy, another of my crazy theories:
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
So disappointed. Absolutely nothing about the bugs or fixing them.
I have hope that the list of incoming fixes is so long that the patch notes will require a separate huge bug fix appendix & Lord P'tach Musco is currently building up the stamina to write them.*

*I realise I'm opening myself to being severely disappointed in relation to all the above
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

Nemmar
01.31.2020 , 02:33 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Hmm, it might some sort of Old Republic movie tie-in.... or some sort of KOTOR-remake tie-in.

Speculation is fun. I honestly don't know what you two are talking about. "Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst" is a more healthy mindset.
Oh i agree that speculation is fun. But most people don't know how to control their expectations and it ends up with a wave of negativity, wich in turn is not fun at all.

Pietrastor
01.31.2020 , 03:46 PM | #156
First story update in May? Jesus it never moved at a slower pace than nowadays. And the funniest part is that the May update will mostly concern an epilogue to an older already concluded KOTFEET story lol.

2021 story expansion better be something new, grand and GOOD 'cause right not SWTOR is at its most boring and spare period in storytelling ever...

All of the yellow posts in this thread did nothing to convince me there are any actual major plans for the game. On the contrary. ALL kind of content (story, Ops, WZ) looks to be fewer and fewer in quantity
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

Estelindis
01.31.2020 , 04:22 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
First story update in May? Jesus it never moved at a slower pace than nowadays.
We are getting a story update Tuesday Feb 11th though?
|| Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.

Pietrastor
01.31.2020 , 04:25 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
We are getting a story update Tuesday Feb 11th though?
We call 1 minute cutscenes actual story updates now? Yeah no. Certinately not for a game that used to have EIGHT unique 10+ hours class stories at launch (on top of unique planetary stories and others), or even montly 1+ hour story chapters just a few years ago. It's insuting to this game's history.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

Uruare
01.31.2020 , 04:48 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Thanks Luke. My intention was to say hi, let you know SWTOR will be around for years to come, that we’ve had a lot of fun this past quarter with Onslaught, and now it’s time to move forward with 2020 starting with Game Update 6.1. So, scrapping my old post, here’s my new one:
  • Hi
  • SWTOR will be around for years to come (cuz we’re planning to release something big for our 10th anniversary)
  • Onslaught continues to be a lot of fun, but we need to start providing updates – so on Feb 11th, we’ll release 6.1 (but that’s only one of many in 2020).
  • Will get you more details about upcoming releases
  • Hope to see you at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, CA

😊

---Keith---
But will SWTOR be around for years to come?

*Slowly fades into a nearby shrub*

Sinadu
01.31.2020 , 05:33 PM | #160
If the amount of daily grind NPC crowd control abilities aren't reduced to near nothing, it doesn't matter what else is done. I won't be paying anymore.
I am legendary.