Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

LeeSlade
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #731
Quote: Originally Posted by Dislox View Post
got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?
I got same think this is normal

fishboyy
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #732
Quote: Originally Posted by SarethX View Post
Lets not forget...Europe gets full retail release on the 15th while we are still sitting in this forum crying that we aren't in yet till the 19th! Ouch!

what?? europe is the exact same timeline as us EE starts the 13th and launch on the 20th

Mikroswitch
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #733
Quote: Originally Posted by kremzeek View Post
no theyre not. check server status. eu servers not available

Ye they are, lots of my crew are playing on our server now and its EU

Rhyltran
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #734
Quote: Originally Posted by agoraphobe View Post
yes and no.... i didnt count digital. or EU, ETC// this is just physical usa.. and with digital, and other countries included I dont see it surpassing the amount that the game can hold. does digital sales always double or triple the amount of physical? or maybe 10x? even so theres plenty of room, and the first 2 days of people should be playing IMO.. yeah IMO>..not fact,
Yes they do. Want proof? Rift had 59,000 physical pre-orders at launch according to VGchartz. According to Rift they had around 600,000-700,000 players during early access.

DarthVenizen
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #735
Quote: Originally Posted by kremzeek View Post
no theyre not. check server status. eu servers not available
Have friends playing, EU servers are up

HarrySTruman
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #736
Quote: Originally Posted by Dislox View Post
got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?
Mine looks the same, and I redeemed my pre-order code. That page you linked says at the top that the steps on that page are NOT necessary for Early Game Access. You only need to register a "Product Registration Code" by December 20, the official release date.

Fiorvanti
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #737
YAY for checking this forum, my emails, twitter and facebook ALL day...
Today is going to be such a waste of time :')

kremzeek
12.13.2011 , 09:01 AM | #738
i wonder if the little orange dot is still there
funny as hell

Stormrigirl
12.13.2011 , 09:02 AM | #739
Quote: Originally Posted by Blynks View Post
Why can't you tell us how many people have been released into early access and what date you are up to? I really don't see what that information could possibly hurt, plus it would give everyone a better idea where they potentially stood.

They will say because "we have no firm data on how many are potentially going to get in the first day however as we have previously stated a "narrow band" of dates will be granted EGA on day one." so kind of their way of getting off the hook is they do not want to further exasperate the situation by releasing information that could lead to unfounded expectations on customers part. I say I expected what you advertised. I would of had to go research to find out it was staggered...I merely pre-ordered in Sept. and there was nothing during pre-order process that said staggered access...so get it right you are making people really angry and unhappy and the game has not even been launched.

Comalv
12.13.2011 , 09:02 AM | #740
Quote: Originally Posted by Beerpig View Post
I feel sorry for Bioware. They could have let every one in at once, but of course it would be like every other mmo launch and there would be server crashes and wait times. Of course, every one would then flock to the forums to cry about how cowardly and pathetic Bioware is and what a terrible launch this was.

Then we have staggered launch, where people complain when they haven't been let in - either way, they can't win.

Oh well, I'll grab my popcorn and continue to enjoy all the nerd rage. Good luck to us all
Yeah right, because on the 20th they will let normal customers in with waves so they can smooth that out too...oh wait no they can't do that...

I would have preferred everyone in at the same time + crashes during early access (acceptable) rather than "smooth" early access (with a lot of pissed off people) + everyone in on the 20th -> server crashes on release day (unacceptable and a lot more pissed off people).

To top it off if they can handle server load on the 20th they can now aswell, so there is really no point in these "waves"