Holster Bugs [MEGATHREAD]

GambitSenpai

This is a Megathread dedicated to the holster related bugs for Anarchy, Mischief, Rascal's Way, Gambler's Luck and Payday Pistol. The common bugs are;

- Holster for only main hand blaster, full stop.

- Offhand Holster disappears randomly

- Offhand Holster disappears after conversation

- Offhand Holsters lacking detail, just the main hand holster shifted to the left, most notable in the GL pistol.

- Holster visible whislt in stealh

- Holsters disappear after using; Lucky Shots, Recuperate, Recharge and Reload, Hunter's Boon

- Holsters also may disappear after dismounting

- Also issues with Ancient Force Imbuded swords (look below for links, post #2 by SteveTheCynic)

These are bugs that have been reported A LOT, but all these holstered weapons are very expensive, whether it be in credits or Cartel Coins, most players really enjoy these weapons and think they are a great addition to the game but for a game that places a great emphasis on visuals and character customization, it almost feels like a rip off.

Below are a plethora of previously reported cases, but this isn't all the them, so please either bump or add to this don't start new threads, try not to get this buried.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958599

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971714

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Cartel-Market-Weapon-Holsters-Disappear/td-p/8578371

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=952520

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980992

Edited by GambitSenpai
forgot something :p

Yup all sheaths and holsters are broken in the game. After every cutscene they break. They dont even appear in cutscenes. They also break on flagships. I guess because there's a cut scene before the flagship. They break in warzones that have cutscenes. Sometimes, I remove the item to put it back on to fix it, and some other player in the flashpoint will aggro bosses or mobs while im trying to fix the issue and then I have no weapon during the boss fight. Its pretty ridiculous.

These are cartel market items, meaning players (usually subbed players too) are paying real life money for broken items. Devs might hate me for saying this, but if I was an executive I wouldnt let anyone go home until this was fixed. Servers would be offline too. To me its that serious. Not sure why new items with holsters are being sold when they system is broken. Because the new items are broken.

I already started writing customer service to see if I can get some cartel coins for the inconvenience. They keep pretending like im asking for a return and respond that since they cant take the item away they cant give me cartel coins. But Im not asking for a return. Im asking for cartel coins for the inconvenience.

Anyhow, this is a pretty serious issue. You cant be selling broken merchandise. Would be nice to hear this issue is of a major concern to them. I've personally written numerous bug reports about it.

Thanks HIddenPalm, I think I've seen some of your reports on the forum as well, don't know if I quoted them though , I'm really sorry to hear about your problems with the Devs, and I agree with you it's pretty poor form to release not one but multiple broken items, and honestly I can't imagine it would be that difficult to fix. It just seems as though when in beta testing they only ever tested it on Scoundrel's and Powertechs. Its pretty poor form/

Another bump. Trying to keep this thread alive until support responds, just to say that they are aware of it, they could lie to me and tell me they're fixing it, I don't care. I just have to know that they know. :o

Send a forum private message to EricMusco and/or CommunityTeam, and include a link to this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
The holster, also, seems to move to the offhand side if you use it just for main-hand. I had Mischief on my Quinn, and I had to keep taking it off and putting it back to fix it because it looked horrible. It happened after every cut-scene and getting on/off mount. It makes me sad because they are really nice weapons. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to buy the Gamblers Luck blaster while it was offered at a disount. Once I saw that the holster is out of position on my characters legs (holster is too far back and hangs off the leg), I decided against the purchase.

Now that I see there are other glaring issues with the holsters, no way will I ever buy any of these pistols. Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe the holsters will be fixed. One day. Maybe.

If they do fix the holsters properly, I will reconsider my decision to not purchase.

Edited by Strobe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Aaaand it's STILL bugged :C

Off-hand holster worked for a hot minute on Andronikos with the DT-11 but it's gone on my Merc

EDIT: Apparently the cutscene killed it, because after getting the afk boot and logging back in, the off-hand holster is back, though who knows for how long >.<

Edited by gaelicvixen

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping because I 'finally!' gave in and got the Ancient force Embued blade I've been wanting a long while. And the sheaths keep floating on the ground behind his feet(duel wielding). Now sometimes I do see it on his back properly but a lot of times it;s on the ground like there is some kind of issue with the attachment/bone it's set to.

This is a bloody expensive blade.... why haven't they fixed this issue by now?

Edited by OdanBaruq

• 2 weeks later...
Adding to this post for visibility and hopefully action taken to fix holsters. My problem is with the Force-Imbued Blade I got it from the Ancient Jed'aii bundle and every time I go into a conversation the holster ends up behind and at the back ankle of my character in the ground until I un-equip and re-equip it.

I saw this blade somewhere recently for the first time and was interested in purchasing it. Until I saw this information. Glad I do research before buying expensive stuff.

If this post can even just help one person make an informed decision we did good boys.

• 4 weeks later...
This is just terrible. These are items purchased with real money. They are not cheap. They are all still broken. Why hasn't there even been a dev response? If you are not going to fix them, then do the right thing and offer people their money (or coins) back. Intentionally selling items that you know don't work correctly, and I don't buy it that you didn't know, is literally a scam.

Something I found with it is my group member said the holster is still there visually for him on the offhand but it is not visible for myself (the one wielding the guns). If you unequip the offhand hun and reequip it, it will show up again until the next co version/cutscene. I hope the devs fix this.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the DT-11 Blaster Pistol and I'm having the exact same issue. The holster disappears randomly and always after any conversation involving a cinematic. I'd be really keen on them fixing this anyway but especially because I bought it on the cartel market!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. It is still happening, has not been fixed. Considering the amount of money I spent on Anarchy/mischief, I'm very pissed about it. Fix it Bioware, This bug has existed for at least a year and a half or more. I dont see why this is acceptable.

• 3 weeks later...

It might sound a bit silly, but these bugs (and others) annoyed me so much I stopped playing for a while, but I'm so happy people have still been commenting on this thread trying to keep it alive, and some people avoided buying these weapons. It's a bit of a shame because these weapons look amazing with or without their holsters, if the devs can't be bothered to fix these bugs maybe they can add an option to hide holsters all together.

Really hope these bugs will be addressed in 7.0, as with the combat styles update alot more people are going to be using pistols (and the force imbuded blades), and it's gonna be quite hard to miss.

-- If you see other threads reporting the same bugs please either link them in this thread or link this thread somewhere else, anything to get this issue out there.

• 3 weeks later...