Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

KevMeup
09.07.2016 , 01:47 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Methylium View Post
Wasn't that one fixed? I can't see any difference now.
The rating of the weapon has had no effect in any of my testing. Only the number of weapons. (0-1-2).
KevMeUp - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 11k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide
YouTube

KevMeup
09.07.2016 , 02:02 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Just tried it. Its single target heal is not that good:
Time till death Iso-5r Lana Ginx ( all 50 influence)
56s 1:54 1:55
Ouch, yeah, a companions heal ability is really based around that unlimited channel, it sounds like this guy will be a bit more like treek. It also has an activation time on it's quick heal that others don't. It's possible he may be more combat ready, if he alternates damaging attacks in between, I just can't see any general benefit to the heal change.

Unless there is something bugged his DPS should be like any other single weapon user and his tanking should be as broken as TD-1D (range discrepancy).

It's really sad to see more sub par cartel companions. Especially ones as cool looking as this
YouTube

KevMeup
09.07.2016 , 02:51 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Just tried it. Its single target heal is not that good:
Time till death Iso-5r Lana Ginx ( all 50 influence)
56s 1:54 1:55
It looks like Kolto Shot is bugged, in his 30s, the tool tip says it heals for 590, yet it heals for 293 tops and crits for 469. It may just not be scaling to the level or presence.

His AOE says it heals for 401 over 6 seconds but heals for about 7 tics, 400 normal, 600 on a crit.
YouTube

Methylium
09.07.2016 , 02:51 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
The rating of the weapon has had no effect in any of my testing. Only the number of weapons. (0-1-2).
After putting in a barrel/hilt and changing the spec of the companion (like from DD to heal, back to DD) you could see a difference in the "Damage" display, but this one doesn't seem to work anymore. So I don't know if it is still the way it was and puts in more damage. This was changed in patch 4.7:

"The Character Sheet now displays correct values for Companion damages and no longer takes Equipment into account. "

KevMeup
09.08.2016 , 02:14 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Andyhipkiss View Post
Great thread and information, thanks for your hard work. You'ed be surprised how many people don't believe you when you tell them that a weapon barrel/hilt on a companion affects their DPS.

One tip for the eternal championship. The breaktown brawler fight has a mechanic where ranged attacks are reflected, worth switching to a melee version of whatever you prefer (DPS or heals) for this fight, if you normally run a ranged companion.
Thank you very much. I added a note about that Brawler fight. I tested and the damage to a ranged healer is pretty small, since they instantly just start healing themselves to recover that small amount of damage. I would imagine it would be super painful with a ranged DPS companion though.
YouTube

Nebdar
09.13.2016 , 10:56 AM | #86
HK-51 was tested to?
Its DPS tooltips have higher dmg then in other companions... there is also the factor of 'finishing ability' (below 30% dmg) HK-51 also had like 20% higher amount then rest..
Processing...

KevMeup
09.13.2016 , 11:44 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Nebdar View Post
HK-51 was tested to?
Its DPS tooltips have higher dmg then in other companions... there is also the factor of 'finishing ability' (below 30% dmg) HK-51 also had like 20% higher amount then rest..
The tool tips are based off the equipped weapon, yet actual damage is not. This means he will show higher tool tips than any blaster riffle user but will still perform the same as them. The only way to verify is to parse and compare the actual numbers.

HK replaces his Armor Debuff, Dot and AOE with single target attacks. This leaves his single target DPS on par with a normal blaster riffle user. This means if you're in a group with another DPS companion or someone that can lower armor, HK will perform above average.

With the current 2 weapon... Feature.. Any companion that has 2 weapons will out perform HK in all circumstances at least slightly. They won't look as cool or call people meatbags though

This is my best understanding from my testing, if anyone has some better parse results for him I'd love to see. He's a lot of fun, I wish they didn't remove so much of his uniqueness when they "balanced" him.
YouTube

Nebdar
09.13.2016 , 12:08 PM | #88
So back to my original question?(sorry if you already answered , because i didn't get it)
Simple Yes/No
did the HK-51 was also in your test?
Processing...

KevMeup
09.13.2016 , 12:18 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Nebdar View Post
So back to my original question?(sorry if you already answered , because i didn't get it)
Simple Yes/No
did the HK-51 was also in your test?
Yes. Performs like a normal blaster user. 3600 dps. Performs slightly better if you can debuff armor for him.
YouTube

Nebdar
09.13.2016 , 12:23 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
Yes. Performs like a normal blaster user. 3600 dps. Performs slightly better if you can debuff armor for him.
Thanks
Blaster user... Sniper blaster user (does that make an difference :P )
Processing...