Vette Romance Tips Please

JoeDin

Hi all,

i am after some tips with romancing Vette. let me fill you in on my situation.

so when i got to Dromund Kaas i was around level 10/11 i talked to Vette and i took her shock collar off. i then started buying a lot of gifts for her. after awhile i had a thew more conversations with her like the one about her family and past and when she was a pirate. then i started to send her on crew missions to get companion gifts, the ones that are in parts that you need the curator to build. after a while i got to like 3000 affection and i was about level 17 by then and i have started to get flirty options. at this point i had another conversation with her and she told me about her old crew and that she got betrayed. at the end of that conversation i got a companion mission where you have to go to Nar Shaddaa space port and stop the person that betrayed her. that quest says its level is for 29, i was at that point level 17. so i carried on with the story and getting vette more gifts. but i noticed after that conversation where i got that companion mission she has not wanted to talk to me and im know level 25 and my affection with her is near 8000. should she have talked to me again? or do i have to do that companion quest before she will talk to me again? if she cant talk to me until after that quest all the other conversations i should have had will they be like queued up so i can have those conversations with her after the quest?

at the moment i am still level 25 and i have just arrived on Tatooine. when do i start getting more romance options with her and when can i marry her? also do you have any tips. the only thing i know at the moment is to romance her i have to pick the light side options in conversations as you cant romance her if your in the dark side.

so if you can answer these questions and give me any tips that would be great :)

Thanks Joe.

All companion quests are gated by three things, your affection level to the companion, your level and where you are in the class story. Eventually you will hit the gate of your actual level even though you have more than enough affection with the companion. Once you reach a certain level (To access higher planets like Hoth and Belsavis) your companion will spew forth a torrent of quests back to back.

My Consular picked up Iresso off Hoth and I had so many trophy gifts (which he loves) that I got him to 8k affection right away. Finishing his talks and quests got me the rest of the 10k i needed and I finished all his quests. So in under an hour I had Iresso affection capped and all his quests done. I was lvl 44. However, Qyzen is still gated to me, I have him at 10k affection but there are quests I can't get yet because I'm still gated in the class story. (I'm not passed Voss yet.)

So you have to play the character to get where you want, especially for characters you get early that are romancable.

• 8 years later...
Well on the same note as I was trying to romance Vette but accidently romanced my apprentice is their a way to reverse it or break up with her so I can continue my romance

I don't buy "accidentally". The Flirt options are clearly marked.

However, to answer the question that you posted on a nine-year-old thread, no, you're stuck with the decision you made. There will be chances to break up with Jaesa later, but you won't be able to get back with Vette.