The biggest credit sink is missing the biggest trades; items now traded above GTN cap

Eckrond

Personally, I spent a ridiculous amount of Credits on AMplifiers to get a 5% increase in Mount speed. Head cannon says my Sith is a hardcore speed freak (Go Horizon's Edge!).

Seems to me that an easy and non-game-breaking credit sink is to either introduce new mounts that are slightly faster or re-introduce the +Mount Speed amplifier on a per mount basis up to 5-10% faster (maybe as a Legacy Character Unlock).

Indeed, perhaps that is where the answer lies - in more convenience options via Legacy/Character Perks that add convenience and cosmetics. For example, mount dyes or more Companion Customization options.

I also agree with the proposal for Stronghold decorations and convincing Kai Zaiken to accept Credits.

Edited by RatchetPelf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how, on the one hand you have people suggesting 'credit sinks', and in the same forums you have people whining about the cost of 'augments'. 🤔

Credit sinks would reduce inflation and, in an ideal case, reverse it, which would lower the cost of augments. You thought you did something but what actually happened is you failed to follow the discussion.

Credit sinks would reduce inflation and, in an ideal case, reverse it, which would lower the cost of augments. You thought you did something but what actually happened is you failed to follow the discussion.

I guess that depends on how you interpret his reply. People have been complaining about augmentation kits since they are tied to armor shells. Shells are pretty much "cosmetic only" post 7.0. So if you augment a piece of gear, and upgrade that piece of gear, you will need to use the credit sink to add an augmentation slot to the new gear piece. You would also use the credit sink to remove the augment from the old piece for the new. So for people that just have to have augments at all times, this is a credit sink. Others just aren't bothering with augments for the most part. I'm not sure how this has affected the demand for Aug kits, especially considering the many issues that have arrived with 7.0 that are causing some stats in some situations to not be correctly portrayed.

I get the gist of that response. I'm all for credit sinks and would love to see some good ones added that give us benefits in return, but as of right now, I have no desire to mess with augments for my playstyle. I always did prior to 7.0, but now it just seems wasteful as I might not notice any difference in my characters' performance in the content I do the most.

The more I look at the situation in-game and these threads(1), the more I think there's nothing they can do to fix the in-game player-to-player economy at this point.

(1) I shall refrain from commenting on how naïve I think most of the proposed solutions are, thank you.

The more I look at the situation in-game and these threads(1), the more I think there's nothing they can do to fix the in-game player-to-player economy at this point.

(1) I shall refrain from commenting on how naïve I think most of the proposed solutions are, thank you.

Exactly. You can slow inflation*, but you can't undo it or even stop it as long as credits generate out of thin air from game mechanics.

The devs should treat the "do something about inflation" topics just like they treat the PTS feedback ones and just ignore them. At least new players won't be hurt by more credit reward nerfing.

*Inflation in credit prices in player to player trade

They could slap band aids on the economy by creating high cost credit sinks for items you can only unlock via credits... but Bioware won't because there is always profit for adding a CC charge instead. Until their CM sales take a massive hit the issues with the economy will be largely ignored.

And the only time I can see the CM sales being negatively effected on a notable scale is when credits become completely worthless. I'm betting a pretty good portion of their CM sales are from players who buy items just to resell for in game credits. People often spend real cash on the CM don't like to stand around on fleet for hours spamming trade chat trying to find a buyer.

Edited by illgot

its funny because i wont buy anything unless its on the GTN and i don't have a single mate that plays that personal trades either

look there is nothing to buy but cosmetics and augs and the player cap is what 4.5 bill:rak_02:

i had nothing 3 weeks ago returned with 0 cosmetics and about 3 collection unlocks.

i have full malgus set with a twisted fang and about 8 lightsaber colors and a bunch of mounts i wanted and some sweet trooper armor for my sniper. increasing the GTN CAP will only make everying on the gtn go stupid more stupid then it is now

and BW gets its money either way so you're fake money with no use other then to buy fake things is pointless

Why 5 million? People are paying 100 times that amount right now.

I think that's more or less why. The near-billion GTN market for those two items would disappear more or less immediately. Well, if the vendor sold legacy-bound dyes. (Character-bound - BoP, obviously - would have essentially the same effect, but would attract huge complaints about our inability to buy on the character who happens to be carrying the money and use on the other.)

EDIT: that said, it would be a less effective credit drain than letting them remain CM/GTN, because it would be less than the GTN sales fee for a half-billiion sale, about forty million credits.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I think that's more or less why. The near-billion GTN market for those two items would disappear more or less immediately. Well, if the vendor sold legacy-bound dyes. (Character-bound - BoP, obviously - would have essentially the same effect, but would attract huge complaints about our inability to buy on the character who happens to be carrying the money and use on the other.)

EDIT: that said, it would be a less effective credit drain than letting them remain CM/GTN, because it would be less than the GTN sales fee for a half-billiion sale, about forty million credits.

Really I just picked an amount that was less than they were selling for now, that would like have people buying them at a regular rate, as they'd be a decent enough cost for them to do so.

Exactly. You can slow inflation*, but you can't undo it or even stop it as long as credits generate out of thin air from game mechanics.

The devs should treat the "do something about inflation" topics just like they treat the PTS feedback ones and just ignore them. At least new players won't be hurt by more credit reward nerfing.

*Inflation in credit prices in player to player trade

Are you really suggesting that billions of credits some people seem to have (not me) comes solely from game mechanics? Something doesn't add up. Hypercrates cost is 5400 CC, which is 9 months of sub or $39 USD if you buy CC directly. Alternatively you can crate for creds at 2.7 Mil or about $7 USD. That is a huge price difference. What in game tools can generate those amounts so quickly.

Credit Sinks only affect the players that do not have BILLIONS in credits. It makes it near impossible for them to purchase anything. They are also the only ones that wind up paying 5 credits for every 1 credit then make, while the Billionaires continue to make billions. The poor player that only makes what the game give then will be the ones that lose out.

You want to stop the inflation....

Put credit caps on everything including how much you can charge or even have in the bank. There is NOTHING in this game that is worth more than 1 million credits. GREED does not make something worth a BILLION credits.

As long as the market and income is open ended then nothing will change.