Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Non-Class Storylines that NEED to be Expanded On

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Non-Class Storylines that NEED to be Expanded On

robertthebard
04.20.2021 , 05:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceDefender View Post
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'd say they doing more or less such stuff even by simple reference like Null Cannons in Meridian mission with possibility of future more important roles.

But yep, there are a lost of story or characters I'd like to see again.
Spoiler

I for example would love to bring again story about Tion Hegemony and even more Darth Nurin. She is really awesome character even in such short arc. Or Lord Hargrev and Dread Masters, Oricon, stuff as well.
What's more I'd love to see these two siths on Darc Council instead of e.g Darth Anathel or Darth Savik tbh. And make Dark Council unkillable for some time.
The Dread Masters are dealt with, a search of these forums will show that some were unhappy with how, since it's in Operations, but they are wrapped up nicely.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

ceryxp
04.20.2021 , 05:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xo-Lara View Post
I feel like they already dipped their feet in that water with the intro missions saying that people didn't even know what gender Revan was and then introducing male revan.
I am not following. Which intro missions in TOR establish ambiguity with regard to Revan's sex and gender? Yes, in KotOR we get to choose Revan's sex because that was a game. That was carried through to KotOR 2 wherein we could choose Revan's sex and that impacted certain events in the story. Revan was established canonically as "male" in the 2005 The New Essential Chronology. Yes, the games, KotOR's 1 & 2, allowed us to choose a sex / gender for our "Revan" because they are roleplaying games, but for Revan to exist in accessory material Revan can not be so nebulous. By your comment it appears that you are placing the blame on TOR's writing team for introducing that tangled noodle and yet the decision was made years prior to the game being released. Revan was male for the entirety of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comic book series that ran from 2006 to 2010. Revan was male in Drew Karpyshyn's book The Old Republic: Revan, which was released a month before the game in 2011.

Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I mention Balmorra a lot...
You do mention Balmorra a lot and I am wondering why?
Spoiler
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
The Jedi way is to serve.

FlameYOL
04.20.2021 , 07:50 AM | #13
It would be cool to have callbacks to the vanilla game's planetary storylines. Or the plot threads left hanging within the expansions.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Xo-Lara
04.20.2021 , 08:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
I am not following. Which intro missions in TOR establish ambiguity with regard to Revan's sex and gender? Yes, in KotOR we get to choose Revan's sex because that was a game. That was carried through to KotOR 2 wherein we could choose Revan's sex and that impacted certain events in the story. Revan was established canonically as "male" in the 2005 The New Essential Chronology. Yes, the games, KotOR's 1 & 2, allowed us to choose a sex / gender for our "Revan" because they are roleplaying games, but for Revan to exist in accessory material Revan can not be so nebulous. By your comment it appears that you are placing the blame on TOR's writing team for introducing that tangled noodle and yet the decision was made years prior to the game being released. Revan was male for the entirety of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comic book series that ran from 2006 to 2010. Revan was male in Drew Karpyshyn's book The Old Republic: Revan, which was released a month before the game in 2011.
I want to say it's on republic Taris that one of the archaeologists comment on it. However, the point is that players made a choice that differed from what is canon and the sky did not fall. Who's "fault" is neither here nor there. They can make a choice further down the story that doesn't exactly match what the player chose and it can still work.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

Ardrossan
04.20.2021 , 09:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xo-Lara View Post
I want to say it's on republic Taris that one of the archaeologists comment on it. However, the point is that players made a choice that differed from what is canon and the sky did not fall. Who's "fault" is neither here nor there. They can make a choice further down the story that doesn't exactly match what the player chose and it can still work.
Yes, the archaeologists on Taris rep side mention it in passing when you go looking for the promised ones, so does the revanite master in the DK mission.
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
You were loyal to EA/Bioware at a time when there was no reason to be loyal to them, and now that loyalty is being tested. If there is any justice in the world, you clearly deserve a special reward. Hopefully it happens, delivered on your porch in a brown paper bag, aflame with the light of justice.

ForfiniteStories
04.20.2021 , 05:42 PM | #16
I exchanged numbers with Lembda Avesta only to never hear from her again. That [REDACTED]!
"Nothing beats an A-wing." - Tallie Lintra, Battlefront II: Starfighter Assault

ImmortalLowlife
04.20.2021 , 10:07 PM | #17
I'm just here to say Thanna Vesh (or however it's spelled). I didn't kill her on most characters. Can we get her back?
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

DMBLaan
04.21.2021 , 07:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
Yes, the archaeologists on Taris rep side mention it in passing when you go looking for the promised ones, so does the revanite master in the DK mission.
The Revanites on Dromund Kaas also say that Revan's gender is a mystery. But I can except that they just went ahead and made Revan male and the Exile female based on popular opinion/canon. Sometimes calls like that have to be made.

ceryxp
04.22.2021 , 08:35 PM | #19
Removed
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
The Jedi way is to serve.