Missing Decorations and Bugs List

EHKodiak

I found an old post from 2018 which had many decorations that were missing or broken, and though many have been fixed between now and then, there's still a few that are left over. I've included them below as broken as of 27th August 2023

Decorations that list as their source as Cartel Market, Cartel Packs or Bundles, but which are not actually included in those packs or the cartel market.

Acklay Solider - Probably a typo in the files somewhere for 'soldier'

Bolraida - Plunderer Pack

Battledroid: Alliance - Armed Resistance Command Pack

Covered Light: Green - Armed Resistance Command Pack

Overcharged Iokath Transport Tube - Armed Resistance Command Pack

Zakuul Console - Force Alliance Pack

Festival Flags

Explosive Fuel Tank

Hazardous Material Tank

High Voltage Capacitor

Pressurized Coolant Tank

Void Crystal Container - Marked as Ossus Achievements, but does not exist

Shifting Crystal Container - Marked as Ossus Achievements, but does not exist

Onderon City Wall - Marked as Onderon Rep but do not exist

Luxurious Oval Rug (Purple)

Corellian Zoo Decal

Corellian Zoo Poster

Decal: Recharge Area

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Imperial)

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Republic)

Seeker Droid: Imperial

Seeker Droid: Republic

Sign: Danger

Sign: Keep Out

Sign: Watch

Starship Fuel Tank

Propaganda: Victory Protocols - Activated

Imperial Travel Station

Republic Travel Station

Ood Bnar Memorial - States Ossus Achievements but isn't available on any achievement.

Desert Assault Speeder - Doesn't exist in game, and has a broken model in window

Jedi Memorial - Doesn't exist in game, and is a copy of the Orgus Din Memorial in the preview window.

Orgus Din Memorial - Presumably in attempting to fix the above Jedi Memorial before 6.0, the Orgus Din Memorial is now broken too. 

Zakuulan Striker - Says Dread Warlord Pack, doesn't exist in game

Z-88 Blackjack - Says Eternal Command Pack, doesn't exist in game

Umbaran Mantorr - Says Vendor: Umbara, but is not on that vendor and instead the Indigo Mantorr is.

Technolith Remote Miniprobe - Says Republic Iokath Vendor, does not exist in game

Gurian Starfire - Never in the game

Copero Resort Rug - Doesn't drop from A Traitor Among the Chiss FP

Illumination Probe Crate - Doesn't drop from Blood Hunt FP

Manned Blaster Turret - Colicoid War Games - Doesn't seem to drop even though the chest can now be looted

Corellian AA Turret - Doesn't drop from Operation Meridian

**OTHER

Decorations that are broken in the list or have a duplicate name

Commemorative Statue of Darth Malgus - this was broken when the Return of Malgus Statue was brought in, and now the decorations menu lists both under the same name. Screenshot

Datacron: Dark vs Light - Shows 0/0 in the log, preview window shows a log with crates, and this is different to the achievement decoration. Screenshot

Iknayid - There is a pet with the name, and also a large hook creature from the Exotic Creatures bundle that share the same name.

Holofire Jedi Knight Shrine - Have numerous copies of it yet doesn't show in list, and bugged display in preview window - Screenshot

There is a decoration that looks like a trolley from spirit of vengeance flashpoint at the start of the decoration list with a blank name

---------------

I'm more than happy to provide more information on these if requested with screenshots, just let me know.

Edited by EHKodiak
Updated list
  • Like 2

Don't forget all the decorations listed as coming from the Tatooine Arena Decoration Bundle. :confused:

Might be good to post this in the Bugs forum?

This happy little forum doesn't even have an icon.

And it's been over a year since Daniel Steed said they'd look into that.

I found an old post from 2018 which had many decorations that were missing or broken, and though many have been fixed between now and then, there's still a few that are left over. I've included them below as broken as of 19/02/2020

As the person who wrote the original post, I fully support continuing to call these out in hopes they'll someday get addressed! :D These are all still broken, and there are quite a few other broken/unavailable ones as well.

In case it helps anyone who is trying to track their decos collection and see if any are bugged, I keep a publicly viewable copy of my decos spreadsheet here: Strongholds Decorations on Google Sheets. The spreadsheet is most useful to folks who are comfortable using filters (to drill down to specific categories you're looking for), but at minimum it's in alphabetical order so you're sure to be able to find the deco you're looking for eventually. It includes all decos in the game (although I admit I still have to go through and do an update for the latest 6.0 trophies and PVP rewards).

To spot the decos that are unavailable due to bugs, you can find them easily because they are in red text and usually highlighted in red as well. There's a comment on the name cell of each of these that explains what the bug is (or my best understanding of what the bug is).

Decorations that do not seem to drop any longer (or ever have) from their respective Flashpoints. This one is a short list, but a thorn in the side for collectors.

Copero Resort Rug - A Traitor Among the Chiss FP

Illumination Probe Crate - Blood Hunt FP

These are still every bit as much a thorn in the side of collectors as they were the first time I wrote those words. :mad:

I know for a fact the Illumination Probe Crate used to be available, because the two people I was farming Blood Hunt with specifically for this deco both got their drops before I did, and then the bug hit and I've been SOL ever since. I really really really really wish they'd just add this to the rewards for solo running Blood Hunt like they did with the Decorative Gear Arrangement. The FP used to drop two decos, just have it reward both. :mad:

As for the Copero Resort Rug, this has never been available. I farm Copero on a regular basis (hundreds and hundreds of times at this point, at 10-15 minutes per run I usually just put on a movie on the second monitor and do it on autopilot for the movie's duration), and this has never ever dropped. After every major patch I make sure to do a full clear on the FP and complete every bonus mission, just in case it was meant to be a bonus mission reward like the Dramath/Valkorian holos on Nathema and the fix might have secretly rolled out (like it did late for Nathema), but no dice. :mad:

I have a lot of :mad: to go around for strongholds bugs, not least of which being that I can't place any of these new decos in new strongholds anyway because I've been capped out since before Rishi. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by JediBoadicea

Yes it was your post I saw and robbed!. And yep, definitely agree on the Illumination Crate and the Copero Rug. And sssh, don't let people in on our Copero farming secret, it's a massive money maker for me :p

I know one of the BW stronghold people checks this forum pretty regularly, because items do get fixed every now and then (and never patch noted, ha!)! I'm fine with it, we get some love ha

Edit: Also love the spreadsheet! It's given me some more that I've updated the original post with, such as the Malgus commemorative statue being broken too

Edited by EHKodiak

There is also the notable bugs with the strongholds themselves,

- The Aldarran stronghold not being a safe zone.

- Door's on all strongholds don't open if you have used them too recently.

- If you are standing too close to the movement path of furniture you become stuck in the furniture

- If you use the command /stuck it transports you to the stronghold's default spawn location and not your selected spawn location (which can be quite annoying on larger strongholds like yavin and rishii).

- Personal decorations with equipment do not show their equipment in the preview window only when actually placed (ex: Mandalorian Elite).

- Some plant previews don't show any textures for the plant in the preview.

- Often when you first click preview on a decoration it takes you to the 3rd anniversary holo.

Datacron: Dark vs Light - Shows 0/0 in the log, preview window shows a log with crates, and this is different to the achievement decoration.
I encountered this way back when this deco was brand new. Took me a while (and several emails back and forth with a CSR) to work out what the problem was, and how to "fix" it.

Problem:

If you just browse through your decorations list with the filters set to "All", and page through all the listings till you get to the entry "Datacron: Dark vs Light" it will say 0/0 available, even if you spent the million credits to buy it (and used it after you bought it), and when you mouse over its entry in the list, the tooltip lists the wrong category of "Furniture: Arrangement", and it will have that log & crates in the preview window, etc.

Workaround:

If you set your filters to the correct category, "Technological: Artifacts", and then browse through the list, it will show up in the listing with the correct number available, the correct image in the preview window, and you will be able to place it in a stronghold (if you do, in fact, own it).

So I guess it's only half broken. :rolleyes:

Still disappointed that you can only own one of these. I own all the different strongholds; it would be nice to be able to put this deco in each of them, not just one of them.

Workaround:

If you set your filters to the correct category, "Technological: Artifacts", and then browse through the list, it will show up in the listing with the correct number available, the correct image in the preview window, and you will be able to place it in a stronghold (if you do, in fact, own it).

^^ This. You can also find it with a "datacron" search but only if the Technological category is selected.

In my spreadsheet I have it listed under the correct category. Maybe to be thorough I should add the bugged listing with a note. Something to include when I get around to doing the 6.0 trophies update.

Still disappointed that you can only own one of these.

Yeah, weird arbitrary limits on decos are frustrating across the board, but this one is particularly egregious. Not sure why they feel a need to limit the number of decos you can have considering it's the accomplishment of having achieved it that matters, not the number you get, but if they're going to insist on limiting something so that people can't just fill a whole stronghold with one deco then at least something in the 10-50 range would be nice. :(

Holofire Jedi Knight Statue - Can be purchased from rep vendor, but lists 0 in the decoration list and the preview is completely wrong.

Forgot to add about the above: You can still access and place this deco (and every copy you unlock is correctly unlocking), you just have to have a hook selected first, either a Medium or a Large. If you have one of those hooks selected, it will show up in your menu on a scroll through the Civic category, or you can also find it on a word search.

It's definitely a menu/UI bug, though. There are too many of those, like the Malgus statue also mentioned, and the Datacron, not to mention those missing decals and terminals which I strongly suspect are menu bugs rather than decos that were fully made and missed in a release somewhere.

It's more than a little frustrating, because many forum regulars have posted about these bugs in many very thorough posts, and one would think that tooltip/menu bugs would be easy fixes, and yet no fix every happens.

At this point honestly the one deco menu/tooltip bug I would want fixed above all others is for them to finally rename the freakin' decos they've duplicate-named that are overwriting other decos. For some, like the Stoneray or Iknayid or Hanging Vines, you can wiggle around it by having the right hook selected first, but for others it's just impossible. Whenever I'm entering new decos into my spreadsheet I find those duplicates in two seconds flat, because, duh, spreadsheets tell you when you're entering a name that's already been entered. It boggles my mind that they don't have the capability (hard to believe) or the willingness to do a safety check on deco names before they add new ones. After we'd called this out many many many times, they still went ahead and duplicated the Merchant Stall: General Goods name with 6.0. It hurts the brain. :confused:

Yeah, I've got to admit, I'm still pretty angry that they haven't fixed the duplicate names problem in all this time, especially for decorations that don't have a work around.

I'm also darned upset that they haven't fixed all the bugs with Cartel Market decorations. If we pay real money for something, it ought to work and work well.

Every time I think of buying more Cartel Coins, I remember these bugs, and it stops me in my tracks.

Edited by Xina_LA

Yellow Crystal Container - Marked as Ossus Reputation, but does not exist

Withered Tree - Marked as Ossus Reputation, but does not exist

I can't speak for the other Ossus decos since I've never seen them, but these two here do exist. I have several copies of the Yellow Crystal Container and I recently got the Withered Tree, but sold it instead of unlocking it. They're both bind-on-pickup world drops on Ossus. I'm not sure why the game lists them as Ossus Reputation, but that seems to be consistent for all of the world drop decorations on Ossus that I know of (things like the Holofire Sconce, some of the other crystal containers, some of the crop decos, etc).

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

I can't speak for the other Ossus decos since I've never seen them, but these two here do exist. I have several copies of the Yellow Crystal Container and I recently got the Withered Tree, but sold it instead of unlocking it. They're both bind-on-pickup world drops on Ossus. I'm not sure why the game lists them as Ossus Reputation, but that seems to be consistent for all of the world drop decorations on Ossus that I know of (things like the Holofire Sconce, some of the other crystal containers, some of the crop decos, etc).

You are correct, the Yellow Crystal Container is definitely in game. It's the Shifting and Void that have never made an appearance.

Do you mean you sold the Withered Tree to another player? I thought all Ossus decos were BOP, but I know that some of the more rare Ops decos can be sold in direct player-to-player exchange even if for some reason they can't be sold on the GTN (like the planetary display decos).

In another post in General Discussion, the question of the missing Ossus decos came up again. If anyone agrees with the suggestions in this thread or can report info on ways to get these decos that haven't been mentioned, please do bump it! I live in (almost certainly vain) hope that some day a dev will see and care.

Do you mean you sold the Withered Tree to another player? I thought all Ossus decos were BOP, but I know that some of the more rare Ops decos can be sold in direct player-to-player exchange even if for some reason they can't be sold on the GTN (like the planetary display decos).

No, you're correct, it's a bind on pickup item. I sold it to a vendor, since all of the world drop decos on Ossus are worth 25,000 credits each. I usually preview when obtaining one and if I don't think I'll use it anywhere, I vendor it since they drop fairly frequently in the heroics.

Don't take that one off the list on my word alone, though, I'm questioning myself now on whether I'm remembering the right decoration. This would have been a drop from a heroic, not a world boss as was mentioned in that thread you linked. It's possible that it may have been the Petrified Tree, but I could have sworn it was the Withered Tree.

• 1 month later...

Not a decoration but:

I have my collection of mounts and pets displayed in my Yavin 4 SH. The other day, while sitting in the SH, I chose a random mount, and I thought "Wait a second, that's not on display, and nor is it listed as available".

I think the mount was the Ikas Firestarter**, but I'd have to check.

(It was red - I'm sure about that much. 😏 )

There were some mounts that wouldn't display before, but they were fixed. I wonder how many there still are, that won't display as decorations.

** I have all the Ikas speeders I own, placed in a group, and the Firestarter is not there, but I got side tracked and I haven't gotten back to make sure it's not misplaced somewhere else. However, the Ikas Firestarter is mentioned in the Bug Reports sub-forum as not being redeemable and not displaying as a deco.

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...
As I mentioned in another post here, another deco that can no longer be obtained is the Manned Blaster Turret from Colicoid Wargames (this FP has been broken for nearly 4 years). I didn't want that one to get overlooked since it's one of the coolest decos for military themed SH decorating. I asked if Bioware would consider adding it to the Fleet deco vendors, or even the CM, but like most things, it's fallen on deaf ears. Edited by Mournblood

Yeah, I've got to admit, I'm still pretty angry that they haven't fixed the duplicate names problem in all this time, especially for decorations that don't have a work around.

I'm also darned upset that they haven't fixed all the bugs with Cartel Market decorations. If we pay real money for something, it ought to work and work well.

Every time I think of buying more Cartel Coins, I remember these bugs, and it stops me in my tracks.

I just wanted to echo this sentiment. I don't want to turn this thread into a gripe session, and I've done that elsewhere anyway (and on more than one occasion), yet I've long suspected two issues with SH development and maintenance (i.e. bug fixes) in this game that I wanted to share.

First, I don't believe they have the same person designing SH decorations. I believe the work gets farmed out to whomever is available, and unfortunately, a little (or a lot, in some cases) lack of attention to detail and you end up with duplicate deco names, inconsistent hook assignments, and other similar issues that would likely have been avoided if the same person (or the same group of people, as in a dedicated department) was working and maintaining their deco database.

Second, we all know the SWTOR team was gutted years ago for the train wreck that became Anthem. Those developers aren't coming back, so the SWTOR team has been forced to work under an economy of resources model. Which simply means that something like SH decorations are probably at the very bottom of their list of things to do. If they manage to end up with some time to spare, they look at what else on their incredibly long and ever-growing list of bugs they can fix within whatever resource and time constraints they happen to have at that moment.

I think that's the unfortunate reality of the game, which becomes abundantly more clear as bugs persist into years. We generally don't see a Developer or Community Manager responding to us because, what's the point? What are they going to say? We will try to fix some of these bugs, but it may take years, or it may never happen. Though that may sound cynical, I do hold out hope that they may eventually see the wisdom in setting aside time and resources to address longstanding bugs, especially in the SH system, and so I continue to post here in support of these efforts. Nevertheless, it's extremely frustrating to endure, and as evidenced by threads like these, at least I know I'm not alone here. So keep that wheel squeaking, and it may eventually get some oil.

Edited by Mournblood

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...