Where are the heroic mission end conversations?

Macetheace

And how do i get them back?

So I get really into the sotry, and prefer this game because it has a much higher level of immersion than most others (like WoW), this is thanks to things like conversations which make so much of a difference and voice missions. love it.

However I noticed that while you can pick up a heroic mission the normal way, it auto ends when you complete, robbing me of the conversation the mission issuer gave.

It matters to me, I loike ot hear how it ends, and while i know that on repeating it eveyr time, the current auto end works very well too - so i'm not complaining about it, I just want the option to at least hear the end of the mission from the NPC - why was it removed? and can i have the choice to have it back.

PLEASE Bioware, if you read this, do not mis-understand me. It's a great idea to have an to completion like we have now on heroics you have to do daily, and the auto transport, but at least have the option to manually hand in the mission to the NPc.

I love convenience, it's actually what i use most often, but detail and first time needs all the ceremony and scenes, the long option needs to be there.

it's the same argument with zoning around through teleport transport shuttles it's great and all, but without a fly-in and fly out scene being shown, it loses its immersive value for a person like me who does it a lot and enjoys the immersion. This is why in another topic I have asked for the loading screen to show these scenes instead of just a static picture and progress bar. I never understood why we had fly-in scenes before or after loading, and not DURING loading. Which imo, is the most economical at time saving, and providing immersions, especially if you can space bar skip if your machine has loaded.

This has been asked before, we asked for an opt in, so you can have the auto complete, or go back to the NPC, and see the conversation. Personally I'd love to have it brought back, but it would also mean they'd have to bring back the missing NPC's too.

So what? They can bring back the missing NPCs. They never should've been removed in the first place.

OP, the turn-in conversations were removed with 4.0 (KotFE). This also had the unintended consequence of making some titles impossible to attain now. If that wasn't enough, they moronically removed a few of the NPCs about two years ago already, mostly on starter worlds, but I know there's one missing on Alderaan. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense.

MMOs, are supposed to add content, not remove content. Give the players a choice, BioWare. Don't force the speedrunner's playstyle on everyone. MMOs are heavily emphasize immersion, and the removal of these conversations and NPCs negatively impacts that.

Are you sure you really don't know? You've been around since 2013 at least?!

Now that's contributing real information to this thread!

Maybe he doesn't. Perhaps he's a returning vet.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

So what? They can bring back the missing NPCs. They never should've been removed in the first place.

OP, the turn-in conversations were removed with 4.0 (KotFE). This also had the unintended consequence of making some titles impossible to attain now. If that wasn't enough, they moronically removed a few of the NPCs about two years ago already, mostly on starter worlds, but I know there's one missing on Alderaan. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense.

MMOs, are supposed to add content, not remove content. Give the players a choice, BioWare. Don't force the speedrunner's playstyle on everyone. MMOs are heavily emphasize immersion, and the removal of these conversations and NPCs negatively impacts that.

Now that's contributing real information to this thread!

Maybe he doesn't. Perhaps he's a returning vet.

Exactly, why even remove them.

Who spekas out for the masses of us who can't attend every comunity function and who don't dwell on the forums as hard core hard paced fans huh?

I get the hard core fanbase want things fast, and convenient, and I appreciate that when i want to knock things through, but what about the much larger more casual community who actually takes things at a much slower ace, who may want to experience this content? Who are rarely, if ever on forums, twitte, discord about swtor but would like this?

I thought it was pretty neat, that you could shuttle to a heroic and it auto completed so you could quickly move on to the next, until I wanted to hear the story, adn then it was very annoying. Can't both be doable?

Leaving aside the editorial commentary, you're actually wrong. I'm pretty sure the old mission-givers were removed at the same time as the turn-in conversations. Certainly Sgt Travi Pott (MG for the one to blow up towers on Savrip Island on Ord Mantell) disappeared as soon as 4.0 came out, as did the little terminal (MG for the one to kill the Savrip Chieftains) across the street from Gizmel Gam (MG for the village relief supplies one), although Gizmel himself is still there.

Same for the missing conversations back when you learned about your advanced classes on the fleet or your homeworld. Even though I personally can live with them being removed from the game in order to turn Heroics into Dailies and streamline class progression, I think a case can be made to add all of them back in the game as optional conversations.

I have to admit that I do miss talking to the NPC on the fleet who gives your Imperial Agent authorisation to report to the advanced class trainers and you realize that he is Elara Dorne's father.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Same for the missing conversations back when you learned about your advanced classes on the fleet or your homeworld. Even though I personally can live with them being removed from the game in order to turn Heroics into Dailies and streamline class progression, I think a case can be made to add all of them back in the game as optional conversations.

I have to admit that I do miss talking to the NPC on the fleet who gives your Imperial Agent authorisation to report to the advanced class trainers and you realize that he is Elara Dorne's father.

Wait, we can see Elara's father back then? what did I miss.

Wait, we can see Elara's father back then? what did I miss.

Yes

Every base class got its own little (optional) story detour to pick your advanced class and its a shame that it's totally gone now. My favourite was the one for the Bounty Hunter and that you learned your new advanced class by brawling with other Hunters:

Edited by Phazonfreak

I have long supported making it an option to be able to turn in the heroics to the mission givers for the cutscenes. I imagine that the assets are still on our computers somewhere, just inaccessible. It is a shame that newer players miss out on that aspect of cinematic storytelling.

Except we don't know why they were removed in the first place, we've had lots of theories, about bugs, streamlining , etc but they've never said why, afaik, but it's possible I just missed it.

This has surfaced a few times, and each time, the argument goes the same way, but until BW actually step in and say something, this will fizzle out again, till someone else brings it back.

As I said, I'm all for having the option to have it auto complete, or being able to hand them in (it also deals with the issues of having to be careful where there are bonus missions, as some of these heroics can be done before the bonus, and you can miss it)

Edited by DarkTergon

Who spekas out for the masses of us who can't attend every comunity function and who don't dwell on the forums as hard core hard paced fans huh?

I

The regular forums users, the ones a certain person is trying to silence, has spoken out about this on a number of times, but like most things BW just ignores, and continues on. Not sure if anyone mentioned it at the live events or cantinas, as I have never been able to attend one :(

Edited by DarkTergon

Yes

Every base class got its own little (optional) story detour to pick your advanced class and its a shame that it's totally gone now. My favourite was the one for the Bounty Hunter and that you learned your new advanced class by brawling with other Hunters:

That's super cool now I'm sad I never get the chance to click it and see it first hand once.

This has been asked before, we asked for an opt in, so you can have the auto complete, or go back to the NPC, and see the conversation. Personally I'd love to have it brought back, but it would also mean they'd have to bring back the missing NPC's too.

👍🏽

(I wish we had an official way to "like" posts.)

Leaving aside the editorial commentary, you're actually wrong. I'm pretty sure the old mission-givers were removed at the same time as the turn-in conversations. Certainly Sgt Travi Pott (MG for the one to blow up towers on Savrip Island on Ord Mantell) disappeared as soon as 4.0 came out, as did the little terminal (MG for the one to kill the Savrip Chieftains) across the street from Gizmel Gam (MG for the village relief supplies one), although Gizmel himself is still there.

You are incorrect, they started removing NPCs later on.

Except we don't know why they were removed in the first place, we've had lots of theories, about bugs, streamlining , etc but they've never said why, afaik, but it's possible I just missed it.

This has surfaced a few times, and each time, the argument goes the same way, but until BW actually step in and say something, this will fizzle out again, till someone else brings it back.

As I said, I'm all for having the option to have it auto complete, or being able to hand them in (it also deals with the issues of having to be careful where there are bonus missions, as some of these heroics can be done before the bonus, and you can miss it)

Probably the same reason they removed most of the FP couriers for vanilla, and the Bonus Series breadcrumb NPCs and the entire Advanced Class mission chain and many of the bonus missions: so-called "streamlining."

Probably the same reason they removed most of the FP couriers for vanilla, and the Bonus Series breadcrumb NPCs and the entire Advanced Class mission chain and many of the bonus missions: so-called "streamlining."

Unfortunately they've never told us, but if that is the case, it's a shame, as some people like them, plus we've loads of new players who are missing some golden nuggets, watching them YouTube isn't quite the same. They could at least make the heroics hand in optional, and the bread crumb mission toggleable like exploration missions.

There is a simple solution to please all people:

You want the story? Pick up the heroics from a npc, go back and finish the heroics to that npc.

You want it fast? Pick up the heroics from the terminal, get autocomplete.

It also works lore-wise: the guest giver didn't just stand there and hope someone to reach out to them, they also put a online flyer at the spaceport hoping passengers might pick the job up.

But instead we got the brainless "solution"

There is a simple solution to please all people:

You want the story? Pick up the heroics from a npc, go back and finish the heroics to that npc.

You want it fast? Pick up the heroics from the terminal, get autocomplete.

It also works lore-wise: the guest giver didn't just stand there and hope someone to reach out to them, they also put a online flyer at the spaceport hoping passengers might pick the job up.

That's not a bad idea, you please both sides of the argument. And when you're in a rush, you grab the mission and done, or when you've more time, you talk to the npc, and enjoy all the extra cutscenes . Gives new players more to look at and enjoy too.

But instead we got the brainless "solution"

Unfortunately we see this far too often :( /shrug

Edited by DarkTergon

• 2 months later...
There used to be heroics with lightside and darkside dialogue options during the ending discussion. You used to be able to complete the main quest, then get the bonus like you can with most (but not all) class missions but not since they autocomplete the heroics. I have never understood why they did that. Edited by RameiArashi