Fix Spirit of Vegemce already

RameiArashi

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bothered that this flashpoint does not have the same difficulty level as all previous story content has been. I'm "upset" that people insist I'm playing the game wrong and have Incorrect Thinking for wanting the same game play experience I've been having. You can play the game your way, but you keep scolding me for wanting to play my way.

Saying "make it easier until I'm okay with it" isn't playing any certain way at all. It's just complaining.

In addition, your logic is faulty. Just because according to you, you haven't had any problems until this flashpoint...it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the flashpoint. You might get more sympathy if a lot of people agreed with you; however, as previously stated and repeated ad infinitum, you are in the minority on this.

Play the game any which way you want; I personally couldn't care less. I'm sure most people don't care how you or anyone else plays SWTOR. The flashpoint isn't "broken." The flashpoint isn't even particularly difficult. You can disagree all you like...but here we are, with the devs not fixing something that isn't broken, after they already nerfed it when it didn't need to be nerfed.

You don't want help, you don't want advice, you don't want to put any effort into the flashpoint itself, you won't even attempt to make a cogent argument. Not only am I done wasting my time responding to you...but I'm gonna go run through SoV again right now, with a smile on my face, thinking of this "thread" the entire time. Would you like a screenshot after I beat it again, just so you can see what it looks like? :)

You have a nice day.

The flashpoint isn't "broken." The flashpoint isn't even particularly difficult.

And I am wondering what level of BIS gear you have when doing SoV.

Unless you are at the same irateing as the O.P. you can not say what is or is not Hard.

Easy for you, may be impossible for somebody else.

Try a little bit of understanding for their situation. Instead of berating the O.P. for not being as elite as you.

Though they have toned down SoV it is STILL one of the Hardest, Over Populated, Grind Fests of all the Flashpoints in SOLO STORY MODE to date.

I can't count the number of times I have died doing SoV both on the way to and fighting Field Marshal Cole, and I still have 19 characters left to do. I wounder how many hundreds of time I will die to just complete them all, if I ever do.

Really weird to me to see people actually trying to seriously argue that there isn't a difficulty spike between Spirit of Vengeance and all other solo flashpoints. It's not impossible by any means, that's hyperbole, but it is certainly harder than all the other story flashpoints by a good margin, especially that final boss. I don't think it's particularly close either. Dantooine isn't that hard at any point, none of the Fractured Alliances FPs are even close to that difficulty level, nor do I think anything earlier than that would come close to touching it. For a story mode flashpoint, I don't see the point in that.

The fact that it's not impossible doesn't mean it's unfair to ask Bioware to bring it down to a level consistent with other story mode flashpoints. It's such a weirdly inconsistent thing compared to other story mode flashpoints and it's mandatory to continue the story, something that couldn't be said about the Fractured Alliances arc for instance, so people that aren't able to do it are definitely going to be peeved by that inconsistency.

Really weird to me to see people actually trying to seriously argue that there isn't a difficulty spike between Spirit of Vengeance and all other solo flashpoints. It's not impossible by any means, that's hyperbole, but it is certainly harder than all the other story flashpoints by a good margin, especially that final boss. I don't think it's particularly close either. Dantooine isn't that hard at any point, none of the Fractured Alliances FPs are even close to that difficulty level, nor do I think anything earlier than that would come close to touching it. For a story mode flashpoint, I don't see the point in that.

The fact that it's not impossible doesn't mean it's unfair to ask Bioware to bring it down to a level consistent with other story mode flashpoints. It's such a weirdly inconsistent thing compared to other story mode flashpoints and it's mandatory to continue the story, something that couldn't be said about the Fractured Alliances arc for instance, so people that aren't able to do it are definitely going to be peeved by that inconsistency.

I got a better idea so that you can play all story flash points at same consistency. Let’s up the difficulty of all the other flash points to be the same as SOV. They all use to be more much harder, but we’re nerfed too or when there has been a lvl increase they got easier. BioWare have never been great at rebalancing content when they add new player lvls and it often gets easier. That’s why the rest of the game is stupidly face roll easy.

I got a better idea so that you can play all story flash points at same consistency. Let’s up the difficulty of all the other flash points to be the same as SOV. They all use to be more much harder, but we’re nerfed too or when there has been a lvl increase they got easier. BioWare have never been great at rebalancing content when they add new player lvls and it often gets easier. That’s why the rest of the game is stupidly face roll easy.

I'm sorry, but no. Story flashpoints have never been difficult. I cannot think of a single example of a story flashpoint that was as hard on release as Spirit of Vengeance is currently and I've played all of them. The Godbot in a lot of lower ones especially has always been there and made them much easier. Some of the more recent ones don't have it, but even those ones, on release, were nowhere near Spirit of Vengeance in difficulty. Again, take Dantooine here. Dantooine is nowhere near Spirit of Vengeance difficulty wise. It hasn't been nerfed or outleveled, it's the most recent Story flashpoint. It's still much easier than Spirit of Vengeance.

Keep in mind here, we're talking the Story mode flashpoint here. Vet Mode and Master Mode still exist and nobody's asking for those to be nerfed. They exist for a reason, as does the Story Mode version. I don't see the problem with asking for the outlier here (SoV's Story mode) to be toned down to be consistent with other Story Mode flashpoints.

That's my opinion on it, but I'm not gonna get into a debate on "Everything's too easy now!", so I'll end it there. If you want more difficult content, good for you, but I don't get the hostility towards people asking for a Story mode flashpoint to be consistent with other Story mode flashpoints in terms of difficulty.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

I'm sorry, but no. Story flashpoints have never been difficult. I cannot think of a single example of a story flashpoint that was as hard on release as Spirit of Vengeance is currently and I've played all of them. The Godbot in a lot of lower ones especially has always been there and made them much easier. Some of the more recent ones don't have it, but even those ones, on release, were nowhere near Spirit of Vengeance in difficulty. Again, take Dantooine here. Dantooine is nowhere near Spirit of Vengeance difficulty wise. It hasn't been nerfed or outleveled, it's the most recent Story flashpoint. It's still much easier than Spirit of Vengeance.

Keep in mind here, we're talking the Story mode flashpoint here. Vet Mode and Master Mode still exist and nobody's asking for those to be nerfed. They exist for a reason, as does the Story Mode version. I don't see the problem with asking for the outlier here (SoV's Story mode) to be toned down to be consistent with other Story Mode flashpoints.

That's my opinion on it, but I'm not gonna get into a debate on "Everything's too easy now!", so I'll end it there. If you want more difficult content, good for you, but I don't get the hostility towards people asking for a Story mode flashpoint to be consistent with other Story mode flashpoints in terms of difficulty.

If you read my previous posts, you’d realise I’m in favour of BioWare giving people the option to having a god Bot in SM flash points instead of dumbing down the content to the lowest denominator of skill.

And for the recorded Tython and Korriban were much harder on SM when introduced than SOV if you didn’t use the god bot.

The only reason people are being hostile towards people who want it easier is because we’ve tried to offer advice and help them. But they don’t want to listen, they just want to cry about it because they are too lazy to improve or do what’s necessary to make it easier on themselves. They just want to stroll through content and let the companions do all the work. That sort of play isn’t fun for the rest of us. And if BioWare actually let us choose to do the story on harder modes to start with, there would not be an issue.

But BioWare make you do your story on the easiest mode. So that is why you have the majority of people saying it’s already playable or easy and if it was any easier, it wouldn’t be worth playing. The people who are having issues don’t want help with it. They refuse the advice of others trying to help them make it easier. Those having issues already have the power to make it easier if they can be bothered to listen.

In saying all of that. BioWare shouldn’t make story content that’s not passable by the overwhelming majority. And they should also give players an option to have a god bot if they can’t get past content the majority can pass. Because I am sympathetic to players who have a disability and I think it’s a good reason to have a mechanism like the god bot for players like that. You also have the options if you are a lazy player or low skilled player to also use it.

That type of setup caters to everyone and people who like a challenge aren’t always having their content nerfed to accommodate those with the lowest skills in the game.

You may think your idea has merit, but let's NOT go there please! I'm happy with the past flashpoints just being do-able now in terms of story requirement, and easy to solo and complete. I and others like it this way and always will, though other players may think they can be a bit boring sometimes but I don't find them that way. Tiring maybe, but I still enjoy them. However, for SoV, it shouldn't be that difficult to complete. Challenging maybe, but NOT at a difficulty that insane! The majority of the flashpoint maybe easier to get through now I can see that, but at least give the final boss fight more tweaking to make a bit more do-able for players like myself.

You may think your idea has merit, but let's NOT go there please! I'm happy with the past flashpoints just being do-able now in terms of story requirement, and easy to solo and complete. I and others like it this way and always will, though other players may think they can be a bit boring sometimes but I don't find them that way. Tiring maybe, but I still enjoy them. However, for SoV, it shouldn't be that difficult to complete. Challenging maybe, but NOT at a difficulty that insane! The majority of the flashpoint maybe easier to get through now I can see that, but at least give the final boss fight more tweaking to make a bit more do-able for players like myself.

I was trying to offer a counter point to everything being the same difficulty as the past. If something can be made easier to make it the same, then something can also be made harder to make it the same.

I wasn’t seriously suggesting they do it. The reason for the counter point was to show that dumbing down new content to make it equal to the old and already dumbed down content is just as ridiculous as making the old content harder.

I personally liked SOV better before the nerfs, it’s boring now and zero challenge. The bugs were the only issue I think they needed to address for performance. Then they could have added a god bot to allow people to choose their own difficulty.

Saying "make it easier until I'm okay with it" isn't playing any certain way at all. It's just complaining.

In addition, your logic is faulty. Just because according to you, you haven't had any problems until this flashpoint...it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the flashpoint. You might get more sympathy if a lot of people agreed with you; however, as previously stated and repeated ad infinitum, you are in the minority on this.

Play the game any which way you want; I personally couldn't care less. I'm sure most people don't care how you or anyone else plays SWTOR. The flashpoint isn't "broken." The flashpoint isn't even particularly difficult. You can disagree all you like...but here we are, with the devs not fixing something that isn't broken, after they already nerfed it when it didn't need to be nerfed.

You don't want help, you don't want advice, you don't want to put any effort into the flashpoint itself, you won't even attempt to make a cogent argument. Not only am I done wasting my time responding to you...but I'm gonna go run through SoV again right now, with a smile on my face, thinking of this "thread" the entire time. Would you like a screenshot after I beat it again, just so you can see what it looks like? :)

You have a nice day.

Being in the so called minority doesn't make those in the minority wrong. I do want help. The problem is all the offered help doesn't work. The strategies offered haven't worked because I still die using them. Attack the snipers first. I die. Attack the mob first. I die. Attack the mob outside the room. I die. Use the interrupts and Heroic Moment. I die. The other advice of getting better gear doesn't help, because I don't have the time to play the many hours it takes to get the gear. I'm not wrong for not wanting to spend two hours doing nothing but buying gear with tech fragments and still not getting above 278. I double down and say I shouldn't have to to complete a mandatory story flashpoint since it wasn't necessary for all previous content.

As for speaking about it, no I won't shut up. I empathize and share with other people who have the same problem I do. People complain about all sorts of things on these forums. Go tell everyone else who complains about anything to shut up. I can only hope Bioware listens and make the necessary changes to allow for the usual casual play I was enjoying while at the same time you and others can keep the same challenge level you're accustomed to. If earlier content is too easy for others by all means let them offer the option to increase the difficulty. Bioware does fix things. Maybe not to everyone's liking, but they do. After years of complaint they finally fixed the Voss Walker quest of Fallen Empire. I can only hope they don't take as long to fix Spirit of Vengeance, and even then it's only the Final Boss battle that needs the fix since that is where everyone who has trouble has the trouble. As tough as the other Bosses and bad guys in general are, everyone can get passed them.

And I am wondering what level of BIS gear you have when doing SoV.

Unless you are at the same irateing as the O.P. you can not say what is or is not Hard.

Easy for you, may be impossible for somebody else.

Try a little bit of understanding for their situation. Instead of berating the O.P. for not being as elite as you.

Though they have toned down SoV it is STILL one of the Hardest, Over Populated, Grind Fests of all the Flashpoints in SOLO STORY MODE to date.

I can't count the number of times I have died doing SoV both on the way to and fighting Field Marshal Cole, and I still have 19 characters left to do. I wounder how many hundreds of time I will die to just complete them all, if I ever do.

Thank you, denavin. There are more than most realize who have tremendous difficulty with SoV, myself included. I'm really getting tired of some of the elitist posts on this topic.

I do want help. The problem is all the offered help doesn't work. The strategies offered haven't worked because I still die using them. Attack the snipers first. I die. Attack the mob first. I die. Attack the mob outside the room. I die. Use the interrupts and Heroic Moment. I die.

Have you tried commanding your comp to attack the adds? I mean, manually. There's a bug when Rass just stays around doing nothing during the adds phases. I'm not sure if BW has acknowledged this bug.

Anyway, every class has plenty of tools to deal with enemies without comp's help - defensive cooldowns, stuns, mezzes, abilities allowing you to move faster (these are very helpful in SM/VM FPs since you can get to the healing stations in 2-3 secs). You haven't mentioned what advanced classes you're playing; is it guardian, sent, sage, shadow? The advice would vary depending on that.

I've also seen a post on reddit about a workaround that allows you to use Jesus Droid. You need to start one of the older SM FPs, leave it, enter SoV and hit the button to summon the droid. I'm not sure if it actually works though.

I'm actually working on a guide using a vanilla (no datacrons, no cross-class heroic moment abilities, no gear, NOTHING) account to help. Hopefully some of my strats help! I can't believe I'd have to make a guide for STORY mode...

Like I said, for some playing a game is meant to be fun and not irritate. Let people who want EASY mode have it, and people who play competitively their own modes. Facerolling content meant fun for some and there's nothing wrong with that.

The countless threads in both General and PvE sections about this FP should tell something.

Edited by vianiel

Like I said, for some playing a game is meant to be fun and not irritate. Let people who want EASY mode have it, and people who play competitively their own modes. Facerolling content meant fun for some and there's nothing wrong with that.

I agree...

I play this game to have FUN.....

NOT to increase my STRESS LEVEL.

I have said this before so I will say it again.... Being DEAD all the time is not FUN!!!

Being in the so called minority doesn't make those in the minority wrong. I do want help. The problem is all the offered help doesn't work. The strategies offered haven't worked because I still die using them. Attack the snipers first. I die. Attack the mob first. I die. Attack the mob outside the room. I die. Use the interrupts and Heroic Moment. I die. The other advice of getting better gear doesn't help, because I don't have the time to play the many hours it takes to get the gear. I'm not wrong for not wanting to spend two hours doing nothing but buying gear with tech fragments and still not getting above 278. I double down and say I shouldn't have to to complete a mandatory story flashpoint since it wasn't necessary for all previous content.

As for speaking about it, no I won't shut up. I empathize and share with other people who have the same problem I do. People complain about all sorts of things on these forums. Go tell everyone else who complains about anything to shut up. I can only hope Bioware listens and make the necessary changes to allow for the usual casual play I was enjoying while at the same time you and others can keep the same challenge level you're accustomed to. If earlier content is too easy for others by all means let them offer the option to increase the difficulty. Bioware does fix things. Maybe not to everyone's liking, but they do. After years of complaint they finally fixed the Voss Walker quest of Fallen Empire. I can only hope they don't take as long to fix Spirit of Vengeance, and even then it's only the Final Boss battle that needs the fix since that is where everyone who has trouble has the trouble. As tough as the other Bosses and bad guys in general are, everyone can get passed them.

You aren't the only one who speaks out loud and won't shut up about it. We deserve content that's easy to do and easy to solo! I've said before that the final boss fight in Spirit of Vengeance needs more tweaking, as I was barely able to get through it with two deaths on my Bounty Hunter Merc Mando. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Secrets of the Enclave is pretty easy to get through for all toons that are pre-306 rated gear. But what was Bioware thinking and smoking when making Spirit of Vengeance? We just want a flashpoint that's easy to do, fun and challenging maybe, but NOT that difficult or next to impossible to get through.

I’ll keep saying this till I’m blue in the face. The absolute easiest solution is for Bioware to add a god bot for people who have problems. Then everyone gets what they want.

^^Yes, this. God bots for noobs.

Then make all content hard, including story. Then increase companion strength which will be further scaled by companion influence level. A level 50 comp should be godlike. Then give everyone's first story companion level 30 at start ( for example, T7 for jedi knight storyline). If players find the game is too easy with this high level starting comp, then they can simply use one of the freebie legacy comps, or wait until their 2nd comp is granted via story.

People advise you to do those things because those people are doing those things and beating it. The problem, therefore, lies in something else that's different between what you do and what they do. I'm not watching over your shoulder as you play, nor as those other people play (except for SteveTheCynic, and even there, I don't watch over my own shoulder, but directly...(1)), so it's really hard to say what the difference is between us and you.

Maybe it's a piece of missing advice (e.g. "buy and use Command (+Presence) stims which count for the equivalent of several more Influence Ranks for Rass" or "level that human over there to 50 for +100 Presence (+2 Influence ranks) on all your characters" or "give Rass whatever junky gifts you have in your inventory" - I did that on one character and got Rass up to about 12 Influence from 1). I don't know.

Regarding gear: if you do that, you're doing it wrong. If you have full 268, the next piece you get will be 270, and yes, it will go up only gradually. However, mobs drop 270-276 (maybe as much as 278), which you can wear to get a head start, and you can also get 270-278 from Grade 10 and Grade 11 Treasure Hunting lockbox missions. That, too, helps. (Your companions will do those missions *while*you*play, so you aren't wasting time with it.)

Concentrate on one character, and get the gear up. The higher it is, the better the gear from the vendor in the middle-rear of the second-last bay, counting CLOCKWISE, in the Supplies section. And *always* buy for the worst piece you have, and always equip the new piece *before* buying another.

Renown crates give gear that's near your Item Rating, If it turns out to be worse in *Rating* than your current piece for that slot, claim it anyway and deconstruct it for Tech Frags.

Check the guides and make sure you're using the best combination of Utilities. Check the guides and make sure you're using the right weapon and the right rotation and ... (No, using a single-sabre on a Shadow or Assassin is not the right weapon, nor is it right to go one-pistol on a Gunslinger or Mercenary, nor Rifle on a Commando.)

Regardless. It *is* beatable, and toppest-tier BiS gear is not necessary. The most important thing is good play.

And remember: Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.

(1) It's a lightweight joke, not meant to be taken totally seriously.

I’ll keep saying this till I’m blue in the face. The absolute easiest solution is for Bioware to add a god bot for people who have problems. Then everyone gets what they want.

Perhaps for the post-KotET FP story steps, the Jesus Droid should not be automatic - i.e. you have to summon it explicitly - but yes, that's a good idea.

Agree.

It's also fun to set comp as dps and kill everything like gods with the God Bot. It's good to de-stress.

I'm actually working on a guide using a vanilla (no datacrons, no cross-class heroic moment abilities, no gear, NOTHING) account to help. Hopefully some of my strats help! I can't believe I'd have to make a guide for STORY mode...

The countless threads in both General and PvE sections about this FP should tell something.

It's not at all unreasonable to want an easy mode in a story-based game, and it's troubling to see elitists insisting that everyone should play to their more difficult standards. Spirit of Vengeance might be easy for some, but it's clearly giving some players trouble progressing through the story. It shouldn't be so hard to understand that what is easy for one isn't necessarily easy for all.

I have been through SoV on 7/8 classes. I think I died once or twice in the fire pit by misplacing where I needed to jump on the right. I can get through it without issues but it's nothing more than smashing buttons nonstop for an hour and it isn't fun, it's something to get over with to get to the next stage of the story.

They need to add the god bot, let you bring your own leveled up companion, or add a skip. We can skip almost all the other content in the game including the class stories so they can let players skip this. I've never seen this many complaints go on for months about any other flashpoint, or any other content at all outside of the KOTET walkers.

And then add a difficulty toggle for all content, so those who think it's a "challenge" to spend 10 minutes mashing buttons to kill one mob with 500,000 HP each and think every play area should be an aggravating mess that you need guides and BiS gear for, can have their fun without inflicting it on all players.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It's not at all unreasonable to want an easy mode in a story-based game,

And then add a difficulty toggle for all content, so those who think it's a "challenge" to spend 10 minutes mashing buttons to kill one mob with 500,000 HP each and think every play area should be an aggravating mess that you need guides and BiS gear for, can have their fun without inflicting it on all players.

And, for easy mode, you walk into the Flashpoint, pull out your weapon, everything dies immediately. You get 10 billion credits, a complete set of 306 bonus armor, a title that says "super player", and a baby yoda pet. The end. 😂

Even Super Mario Bros gets harder towards the end. 😇

Edited by JediQuaker

Perhaps for the post-KotET FP story steps, the Jesus Droid should not be automatic - i.e. you have to summon it explicitly - but yes, that's a good idea.

Oh, I totally agree and have said exactly the same thing in the past. It must be voluntary and not on automatically.