Founder, I'm out.

ShardTosk

Nah screw Galactic Seasons. Why am I doing this "grind or pay" F2P-style stuff if I'm already paying you? Leaving instead of just going F2P because SWTOR's F2P is too restrictive for me to enjoy playing and the new F2P-GS track is so damn miserly. Edited by ShardTosk

It's the only way they can keep people interested in all content. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing, will have to wait to see.

uh..."interested" is an interesting term to describe coercing players into doing content that they are, in fact, not interested in.

As a fellow Founder, I’m thrilled.

I’m very excited about the reward options, and frankly if you’re quitting over an optional feature that can only benefit you, sounds like you were looking for an excuse to leave anyway.

uh..."interested" is an interesting term to describe coercing players into doing content that they are, in fact, not interested in.

It's the same as the CQ, it was designed to get people to do other content. Sort of worked. This probably will do. It's probably just to check a box, so they can say the do all of the above. Or maybe I'm getting cynical as I get older.....

I maybe turning in to Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it"

As a fellow Founder, I’m thrilled.

I’m very excited about the reward options, and frankly if you’re quitting over an optional feature that can only benefit you, sounds like you were looking for an excuse to leave anyway.

Depends, there have been numerous issues leading up to this, depending on the content he plays, this might just jave been the final nail in the coffin, it's something we've seen before. The big things don't always break the camels back, sometimes it's just the last straw ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

The new companion is incredibly annoying and needs a mute button.

However, at least on test center, there was someone telling me he was OP for single target DPS.

Not sure if that's the case on live yet.

still.

MUTE BUTTON please!

It's the same as the CQ, it was designed to get people to do other content. Sort of worked. This probably will do. It's probably just to check a box, so they can say the do all of the above. Or maybe I'm getting cynical as I get older.....

So you want to be DarkTergonTheCynic? Hail and welcome!

Some people will still do those gsf and pvp matches, no matter how much they hate it, and that will probably tell the devs they did the right decision. However this will lead to same issues we had with Ossus gear grind, when people were practially forced into content they didn't like: people complaining about other people who are useless and ruining their game. I also joined a gsf match and was flying around without actually doing anything, died a couple of times I think and I didn't even see what or who hit me. I didn't run into an asteroid, that much I understood about steering the ship, but I also had no idea what I was supposed to do, what those abilities would do and so on. So I was being carried and I couldn't care less. Had it been content I actually enjoy playing, I would have been ashamed for not doing that to the group, but since I'm not in it voluntarily, I don't care about the results. Same with pvp. I did the few required matches, didn't care about objectives, didn't care about winning or losing, I was just waiting for it to be over because I didn't want to be there.

If I'll continue doing CQ some day, I'll be doing exactly the same thing with gsf, because that's the only activity where you don't actually have to do anything to gain points. I can even play something else on another computer at the same time.

I'd rather have PO's that I enjoy doing, but since there aren't that many options, I'll just hang around through the GS objectives I need without contributing to something I don't like. If I would contribute or at least do my best, that would also mean I approve the design, and I strongly disagree with it.

So you want to be DarkTergonTheCynic? Hail and welcome!

I've been called worse...lol

Maybe I should become DT: The chilled, and just let it all go.....although if I start singing frozen, I won't be help libel for any damage done to ear drums :p

Nah screw Galactic Seasons. Why am I doing this "grind or pay" F2P-style stuff if I'm already paying you? Leaving instead of just going F2P because SWTOR's F2P is too restrictive for me to enjoy playing and the new F2P-GS track is so damn miserly.

I can haz yer stuff?

(somebody had to say it!)

I'm not a Founder, "only" played since 2013. I'm still sticking around, because Star Wars, because I have so much invested in my toons, because I have a friendly guild.

Edited by ElZaguero

(...) didn't care about objectives, didn't care about winning or losing, I was just waiting for it to be over because I didn't want to be there.

Love you for perfectly summing up my feeling. I've done my GSF and unranked matches, participated in but didn't gain any satisfaction in winning, any frustration in losing, I was just there waiting for the match to be over.

All the Galactic Season was intended to do was get players to rehash the old content since the are SO SLOW on getting out any content. Let alone when they do give us content it is MEDIOCRE at best. I highly doubt we will see much of updates the rest of the year, and the 10 year Anniversary isn't looking to sharp at this point.

Founder, not quitting

Also: While I hear people say they are being forced to do pvp or stuff they don't like for the weekly, I have yet to do something I hate. There is no reward that is so great or interesting that it will force me to do content I hate. I may be one of the few ones but all the rewards in the world will never get me to do content I hate. Just a bit stubborn that way considering I play to have fun and if I hate a certain content then I am not having fun so why would I do it?

Edit: Note if my boyfriend, whom I love dearly, can't get me to pvp or things I don't like, what is the chance of BW ever getting me to do it?

Edited by casirabit

Nah screw Galactic Seasons. Why am I doing this "grind or pay" F2P-style stuff if I'm already paying you? Leaving instead of just going F2P because SWTOR's F2P is too restrictive for me to enjoy playing and the new F2P-GS track is so damn miserly.

Founder as well, and frankly I don't blame you. We are back to Play as "we" want you to play, and not play as you want to play. Galactic Seasons was for me a huge disappointment.

Founder, not quitting

Also: While I hear people say they are being forced to do pvp or stuff they don't like for the weekly, I have yet to do something I hate. There is no reward that is so great or interesting that it will force me to do content I hate. I may be one of the few ones but all the rewards in the world will never get me to do content I hate. Just a bit stubborn that way considering I play to have fun and if I hate a certain content then I am not having fun so why would I do it?

I want the Stronghold badly and I don't want to have to wait a year to get it. Also shouldn't be forced into content I hate to make that not hapoen - when they could give us the choice! All they had to do was give some check boxes for include this, this or this into my daily / weekly quests snd give me content based on those choices rather then once again, being shafted by RNG.

Edited by Suzsi

Founder, not quitting

YUP !! Pretty much !!

I like this statement: Cut to the chase .. bottom line !!

I'll keep playing and enjoying what I chose to do. The rest ... NOT so much !!

A good day playing the game will be my reward. The rest will fall where it will !!

Atm it just feels as an alternate way to get one toon to 50k invasion instead of grinding TC. Which isn't' bad I guess.

Hopefully the credit catch up mechanic isn't too bad because this has the potential to be one of those "why does my MMO feel like a 2nd job" things that people end up doing but hating.

Daily logins had wiggle room to not feel terrible if you missed to just log a day or two. This both requires activity and is potentially very penalising.

Its a good thing but the rewards is total trashcan. Almost no incentive to do dailies. Get a battlepass from fortnite u get MORE than you payed for and you leave that month thinking you probably got more than you deserved. The system is a great idea, the work it takes for the reward is below lackluster.

Now i wont completely bash on the system, I love the companion, I'm sincerely in love with this dude, hes awesome :D.