There should be a vinilla server.

hejalowe

SWTOR has significantly improved over the years. Yes, there have been missteps, but they have almost entirely been corrected. SWTOR was worse at launch in almost every way compared to now. Also, do you want true vanilla 1.0 or the 1.2 update that introduced the Legacy system, which many people felt was when the game was actually ready for mainstream release?

What do you even want out of vanilla anyway? Skill trees return, but so do major balance issues. With 7.0, there will be a return of sorts to skill trees, at least as much is feasible to properly balance the game.

I wouldn't want a vanilla Swtor. While having the class quest more challenging was fun, it's not worth the loss of all of the QoL improvements we've gotten since. One of these major QoL does include the Group finder. Remember that didn't come until months after launch.

For the record, from what I'm hearing about the WoW classic server was that it was great at first, but many people left it within the first few months. Not worth having swtor put funding into something like that. I'd rather they add more content with that funding instead.

Edited by Toraak

OP: Think in terms of revenue.

Galactic Strongholds were not introduced until update 2.9 in 2014, years after the initial release of the game.

No strongholds means no cartel market purchases of stronghold decorations. Why would Bioware wiling cut off a source of on-going revenue that way?

And if that doesn't sway you, how far back do you want to go in terms of version? Rise of the Hutt Cartel was version 2.0, which brought the level cap up to 55 and gave us Makeb. Prior to that, we had nothing but the original class stories.

People yammer all the time for more content, and you want to lock yourself in a box that doesn't go as far as Makeb?

I'm more surprised they don't just COMBINE the (West & East Coast) Servers into ONE. After all both are on East Coast anyways, and while it perhaps makes sense to have 3 European; cause they have English, French, or German language in each of those.

The ONLY downside, might be is players with toons on both in N.A. might have a few less players to play depending how many they have. Yet it would improve the (West Coast) Satele Shan QUEUE pop rate, and in fact it also improve even Star Forge as well.

Don't know what people will think; yet I don't think having a SERVER dedicated to an earlier version (of game) is a good idea. Only a few would play on earlier releases, and nobody would buy things or stuff on it either.