PILE DRIVER - Type 1 Strike Fighter Burst Damage Build

Erurainon

I'm bumping this thread because many players missed it and are back for the expac.

It's been addressed, but a second way to piledrive- not as dedicated as the first- is to use heavies and rapids. This has the advantage of not needing to delay any weapon swap button presses (you simply heavy swap rapid, then keep pressing swap), and the disadvantage of having a smaller effective window and less total damage.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys there was some confusion with someone on YouTube in which I've been trying to explain how Piledriving works, because of this I made a new video going over it again.

The video also includes how respawning works, and how you can take damage before you're even able to move your ship. I also quickly go over how to start a Custom game at the start of the video.

Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

Well, I've taken to this build with reckless abandon as an absolute Strike Fighter newbie, and can personally attest to its power. On my first flight with Star Guard I racked up a whooping 14 kills in TDM with one death. And I'm pretty sure I was doing it wrong too, simply mashing laser swap as quickly as possible.

Even not knowing the timing for swapping lasers though, holding L-click and mashing 1 seems to do the job. But I do prefer to have Quads set as my primary so I know I'm in optimal range before I open fire.

Well, I've taken to this build with reckless abandon as an absolute Strike Fighter newbie, and can personally attest to its power. On my first flight with Star Guard I racked up a whooping 14 kills in TDM with one death. And I'm pretty sure I was doing it wrong too, simply mashing laser swap as quickly as possible.

Even not knowing the timing for swapping lasers though, holding L-click and mashing 1 seems to do the job. But I do prefer to have Quads set as my primary so I know I'm in optimal range before I open fire.

Definitely better to open with Heavies, because that is the correct rotation and you do get more damage that way. On the occasion I am already in Quads when I find myself in a piledriver situation, I can definitely feel the initial lack of damage compared to being in HLC to start. Smashing key 1 works, but its not optimal and when you face another piledriver, or say someone very good running Ion, HLC, CF, you will struggle to get that optimal piledriver melt time. It's what I used to do, but my piledriving certainly improved when I pushed myself to time it "correctly."

• 11 months later...