Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

This is only My Opinion only

BW allowed the first two waves in game almost an hour apart. It has been over an hour and the third wave has not yet been announced on Twitter. I suspect BW is crunching numbers and may decide to either start letting more players in or may open the flood gates and let a mass of people in.

They want to see how fast some people are getting out of the start areas, server stability and so on before they do anything else.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

In the pre-order email I received, I quote the following:

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST

By them saying it will "end" on the 19th @ 10pm, coupled with the idea that the game is supposed to be launching on the 20th (presumably @ 12am / midnight?)

Doesn't that mean the servers will come down for 2 hours anyways, and all of this early entry staggering is kind of a moot point?

Do they plan on staggering the whole of their playerbase come the 20th over a week too? That's not going to fly...

Any insight here?

Edited by Oricular

I put my code in on the 24th i remember that but this has confused me..

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.24.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

There is noway i put my code in on November :mad:

The bottom date is the one you use.

The product registration will come with your physical or digital copy of the game. Its not necessary for the early access redemption. If you go My Account >> Preorder and it says something like:

"You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

Download Game Client

You can now download the game client and patch the game. Watch for an email invitation from The Old Republic team to begin your Early Access."

You'll eventually recieve and e-mail saying that you have early access. Subscriptions won't be set up until actual game release, as we don't need them during the free early access.

Thank you. That explains a lot ^-^

So, I'd just like to clarify (everyone's going to get pissed at me for asking) but if I pre-ordered on the first day, there is a strong possibility that I will be getting in today? I've read and re-read all the posts, but I'm just trying to make sure so that I can plan my day accordingly. Hulu, here I come.

I put my code in on the 24th i remember that but this has confused me..

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.24.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

There is noway i put my code in on November :mad:

The 'ready to patch' isn't your official date. The pre-order date is.

The 2nd one, not so sure what that is, but the pre-order one is when you registered your code into the system.

Not much point in me checking my emails, as they seem to hate sending me them. When did I find out about the Beta weekend? Yes, that's right, 23.00 Sunday night. Thanks a bunch! I pre-ordered around the 25/26th July, so I guess I'll be lucky to get 1 day early access.

fake!

What, do you want me to copy the email I got? :rolleyes:

I preordered on 7.22 (only because Gamestop didnt have the codes), 2 waves already went and I wasnt in either, so by power of deduction....this is the third wave. Good luck.:)

Edited by Ekahab

But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.

I realize you are trying very hard to seem as if "YOU" know what your talking about Sir. However, those microcosmic levels you are talking about is WRONG. If they wanted to test the download game client then why allow early download? You fail Sir with your analogy. Furthermore, those microcosmic levels should have been fully tested with the open beta as well. If not then BW DOES fail at testing.