Spirit of vengeance solo mode

MerlockVonBaron

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

help me please

At the moment there is no help to offer. You have to spend hours/days/weeks of time to get 306 gear of everything for every character you want to get past this. That means doing lots of non-Story stuff repeatedly and spending a gazillion tech fragments 10,000 max at a time at your Fleet supply center. Otherwise, wait patiently playing other characters or do anything else besides SWTOR and hope one day they fix the power level to the proper Story Mode as everything before it while maintaining its current high difficulty for those who enjoy this level of challenge wanting/already have 306 gear for everything.

This is going to be difficult if we’ve to play 20 questions. For any real help, please provide details on your Discipline, iRating, companion influence level and role, what bonus set and tactical you’re using if any, what you’re trying and how it is failing, what interrupts and defensive cooldowns you’re using, what difficulty level and so on.

I did this in plain 268 gear (no set bonus) given by the game without amplifiers, or augments; no tactical either. So, it doesn’t need BiS gear. Just some situational awareness.

Edited by mike_carton

• 3 weeks later...
Many players, including me, didn't have any problems on the first day of 6.2 completing it. The subsequent patch has addressed problems in the FP, and I don't doubt there are still bugs to fix, but the basic complaint that it's too hard or "impossible" is not the case.

It actually is the case. I've tried six times to beat the last boss and it is impossible on dps operative. Because the companion will just stand there and let the other mob kill him if I concetrate on snipers butg if I try to take out other mob then the sniper will instant kill me.

Its been broken since day one and has not been fixed at all.

It actually is the case. I've tried six times to beat the last boss and it is impossible on dps operative. Because the companion will just stand there and let the other mob kill him if I concetrate on snipers butg if I try to take out other mob then the sniper will instant kill me.

It really isn’t that hard now. If you are having companion issues, try putting him on passive for a second to move him and then take him off. Think of it as an extension of your own abilities and task bar.

It might also help if we knew what role you’ve got him set on for the different characters. What class specs you’re playing and if you have any gear on.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The decorations drop rate the past two newest flashpoints is so skimpy; surprised we haven't heard more on that, as most of the decorations aren't even that good - esp. the last fp.

True that. I see decorations dropping regularly in MM but you are competing against other people. I have done my 25 story runs as well for the achievements and now you are competing against terrible RNG, you are lucky if you get one deco at all. I have run 4 characters so far through the solo-story version, which grants a chest at the end with a guaranteed deco... I got a useless small pile of bones each time.

Secrets of the Enclave is a bit better though, even in story mode. I have accumulated quite an amount of columns, tree, rocks and whatnot so far.

Edited by demotivator

It's not "impossible" but they definitely need to tone down the last fight.

SoV (for the most part) now is much easier. Gear still is a factor. When it was first released I ran it with 300 to 302 and managed. YES it was slow going. SoV is supposed to be an FP. AND as such IMO that is the rub ! Usually FP's are not directly incorporated into the story like this. While the idea might have been a good one... it wasn't perhaps the best way to execute the progression in the game/story.

There was a time when I did not run Heroics let alone Flash Points. Now that I have better access to better gear (including my alts) it's better all the way around and I run Heroics and FP's regularly. BUT ... back to the point at hand: making the FP a requirement for the story has proven to have a number of drawbacks.

Um, aren't there several other FPs that are part of the Solo story? Usually you just sail through them and don't notice.

The Nathema Conspiracy, Crisis on Umbara and Traitor Among the Chiss are all FP's and a part of the story. But they are doable in solo when playing the story.

So to be more direct to answer ...

I stand corrected. I sometimes forget about those!

I noticed the same, and it seems to depend on the companion. Unfortunately I don't remember which ones were just standing there, and which ones were attacking the mobs without being micro managed to do so. It was incredibly annoying though.

I noticed the same, and it seems to depend on the companion. Unfortunately I don't remember which ones were just standing there, and which ones were attacking the mobs without being micro managed to do so. It was incredibly annoying though.

People have completed it in max gear and their own personal level 50 Companion, but that's playing the Flashpoint as a Flashpoint. The problem is playing it as the Story with the level 25 Companion you must use. It was level 1 when the Flashpoint first came out. Furthering the problem is if you're just continuing the Story with only the gear the game gives you from previous content the Flashpoint as a whole is very difficult and the Final Boss cannot be defeated because the Second Wave of help kills you.

If as people say the gear really isn't the problem, that it can be finished using only the gear the game gives you in previous content then there is a bug with the Companion the game forces you to have. Since I can reach the Final Boss with only the gear the game gave me in previous content, despite it being difficult to do, I am now likely to believe the problem with the Final Boss is more about the Companion. Gear still matters for the Flashpoint as a whole.

People have completed it in max gear and their own personal level 50 Companion, but that's playing the Flashpoint as a Flashpoint. The problem is playing it as the Story with the level 25 Companion you must use. It was level 1 when the Flashpoint first came out. Furthering the problem is if you're just continuing the Story with only the gear the game gives you from previous content the Flashpoint as a whole is very difficult and the Final Boss cannot be defeated because the Second Wave of help kills you.

If as people say the gear really isn't the problem, that it can be finished using only the gear the game gives you in previous content then there is a bug with the Companion the game forces you to have. Since I can reach the Final Boss with only the gear the game gave me in previous content, despite it being difficult to do, I am now likely to believe the problem with the Final Boss is more about the Companion. Gear still matters for the Flashpoint as a whole.

Yeah, I only did the story line fp once or twice, and decided to not bother with more alts. It takes way too much time, is way too grindy, too melee unfriendly with all knockbacks,roots and snares and the so called loot is a bad joke: purple pieces of gear when I've been full 306 for ages. It's a shame I can't finish the story with the alts that have done all storylines so far, but it's simply not worth the time. So I've been doing them with my own lvl 50 companion. One of them was smart enough to switch target when boss jumped off, but I really don't remember which one it was, the others were just standing there.

If you're going to post again and again in these threads, you might want to get your facts straight first.

It actually has been fixed. They changed your companion's influence to 25 and the flashpoint was made easier (just go read the patch notes.

If you want to complain, you have to stop making up facts and be more specific - if it's the last fight that is a problem, you need to say so, it will be more likely to get attention than just saying that the whole flashpoint is still too hard.

Edited by Pricia

It's not "impossible" but they definitely need to tone down the last fight.

I've done this mission with my tanks, it's only a matter of timing. Trying to do it with my more squishy Alts is a bit of a head scratcher.

Edited by Ja-elk

I've done this mission with my tanks, it's only a matter of timing. Trying to do it with my more squishy Alts is a bit of a head scratcher.

You need to look at this from a different perspective,

As a tank you don’t do much damage and it takes longer to complete tasks. So of course it’s about timing.

But as a pure “squishy” Dps, you “should” do way more damage and often have potent DCDs as well. So your goal is to learn dish out the maximum amount of dps as fast as possible to negate your “squishy” status. The quicker you kill the enemy, the less damage they can do to you.

For the record, I’m only using the word “squishy” because you’ve used that term. Many dps in this game are anything but squishy. Some dps are more sturdy than their tank counterparts. Just look at Mercs if you are looking for an example.

I would suggest that Arsenal Mercs, lightning Sorcs, Fury Maras, Rage Juggs and Marksman snipers should be the easiest dps to do SOV on. All have excellent DCDs to deal with the challenges and dish out massive amounts of DPS. Infiltration Assassins would normally be in there too, but this fights different platform heights means the desync is a problem sometimes.

The hardest will be on an operative because they have a higher skill ceiling than other classes to play well. PT’s may also have issues, but I’m not the best to judge PTs cause I don’t play them. I found SOV more challenging on my engineering sniper than my other dps, but certainly not impossible. I didn’t die during it, even though I came close cause I made a big mistake.

I would suggest that Arsenal Mercs, lightning Sorcs, Fury Maras, Rage Juggs and Marksman snipers should be the easiest dps to do SOV on. All have excellent DCDs to deal with the challenges and dish out massive amounts of DPS. Infiltration Assassins would normally be in there too, but this fights different platform heights means the desync is a problem sometimes.

Infiltration is Shadow rather than Assassin (Deception!), but I found that it just worked.(1) It's what I ran first, during the week it launched. The only place she died, and only once, was the big room after the kitchen, where I advanced too fast and aggroed too many groups of mobs.

(1) With Australia<=>EastUSA ping, I can imagine that the long server ping times would cause problems. My ping is NorthFance<=>Ireland, i.e. mid 20s, so there's no desync problems like that.

I agree, these fights are definitely a step up in difficulty and seriously need to be toned down. But fear not, I've assembled a detailed video guide to show you how to gear and prepare for successfully completing this challenging content:

My advice for beating the flashpoint is that you should have something slotted in your mainhand (otherwise you will not be able to attack) and not have your companion dismissed during fights (as they do not help you when not present). Also, keyboard keys to which abilities are bound need to be depressed repeatedly during the fights.

If there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

(Mistakes and outright ignorances might have been made during the production of the recordings.)

Edited by Schoock

I agree, these fights are definitely a step up in difficulty and seriously need to be toned down. But fear not, I've assembled a detailed video guide to show you how to gear and prepare for successfully completing this challenging content:

My advice for beating the flashpoint is that you should have something slotted in your mainhand (otherwise you will not be able to attack) and not have your companion dismissed during fights (as they do not help you when not present). Also, keyboard keys to which abilities are bound need to be depressed repeatedly during the fights.

If there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

(Mistakes and outright ignorances might have been made during the production of the recordings.)

Hats off.

It is not obvious from the post but very clear from the videos: The player character here has an iRating of 1; only a mainhand weapon (without any mods) is equipped, no other gear pieces at all. The companion is at influence level 1 (zero overall influence).

Operative.

I should try this on a "squishy" DPS this weekend.

Edited by mike_carton

The thing about this, and every other post on this is, that trixie, and others came up with an elegant solution. Give the God Bot to solo options, it is togglable, and is enough of a bada** that you can leave the difficulty in solo alone, and those who find it hard can use the bot. That way, everyone is happy, and there is no need of the snotty, sarcastic, and sometimes quite toxic posts.

If everyone could unite, and request the bot, it should please everyone*

*note, I know there are people who still complain, but these people will always complain. Give them $100, they'll complain you didn't give $110, etc. But most people should be happy with the God Bot, and normally difficulty. And of course, no BUGS unless is bunny, who doesn't love bugs bunny :p