Add solo ranked/team ranked to galactic seasons activities or change current quests

bladech

Ranked is suffering from lack of incentives for playing it (especially after furious armor finally was bought by everyone). any MMO experience proves - if there is no proper incentives to play certain types of content = no one will play it. By providing ONLY WIN QUESTS in team ranked, it was killed and only a small fraction of players are still trying to play it (unsuccessfuly i must admit). Removing mats from solo ranked quests/not including solo ranked in galactic seasons activities many players were driven away from ranked which resulted in significant drop of pops even during prime time on both DM and SF servers.

NOW, i know that many will write "DUDE, doing this will lead to bad players/noobs crowding in ranked and overall reduce in ranked game's quality" . Sorry, but this argument would work years ago. Now, even without any proper incentives in ranked, bad and new players still continue to queue ranked and play bad. Nothing have changed with quality of the games. However, what really has changed is the quantity of pops during the day. I return back from work and trying to queue during prime time on DM and getting not enough pops during the day. And what worse is that when iam trying to dodge famous wintraders who were perma banned but created new accounts, iam not getting pops while they get them. IN the past i could queue dodge french wintraders and get pops while they were in the match. Now i simply can't do it because there is not enough players participating in ranked.

The problem is that when half of the season passed, queue literally died during any time except for 3-4 hours per day. Is that how end game pvp content must work? And iam not even mentioning problems with team ranked...we lost it in this game

No, no, no - please no ranked PvP, HC OP or Nightmare OP in Season Objectives.

A little bit more Objectives for examble 3 or 4 daily Objectives from which 2 have to done would be fine.

OMG no. Every time I've attempted Ranked, the chat and player conduct has been so toxic that I remember why I vowed never to do Ranked. At one point I went in with a sorc and immediately had people trying to report me for throwing the match, saying that I was doing so just by participating as a sorc.

Maybe if the Ranked player base were not so toxic, people would not be so adverse to playing with them. But forcing everyone into Ranked is only going to turn people off of GS, I can promise you that.

Please, no. I've heard horror stories about ranked pvp being extremely toxic

I'm decent at pvp but far from the best, I would not want to plague a ranked team of experienced players like that, it would basically be giving the other team a free kill

Yeah, ranked is the most toxic by far and an old boys club that trohlls then kicks players at whim - no one wants to do ranked and the little super toxic ranked club reaped what they sowed - No Sympathy.

Thats nice you revealed this, personally i stopped reading developer tracker long because they either post there irrelevant information or aren't posting there anything for a long time. Watching on situation NOW, i definitely must point out that certain types of content lack of incentives (rewards) to draw players in playing it. Team ranked quests requires win only draw players away, no proper rewards for solo ranked quests and being out from galactic season system also ruins player's interest, uprisings are totally dead because of zero proper rewards there. It is obvious that devs should start with adding these contents into GS and think about more rewarding policy for different types of content

When the Dev's put in incentives, posters here complained about all the "Bads" jumping in and ruining their experience. When the Dev's had it so wins were not required, posters complained about people afking/sandbagging. What you see is what was asked for. Beware what you ask for, you just may get it.

Leave Ranked PvP out of Galactic season's. while I don't mind doing the unranked objective (only because it does not require a win, even tho I always try for a win), I wouldn't want to have a ranked objective, simply because that would tank players rankings that actually care about ranked. You know some players wouldn't hesitate to lose a quick match to get it over with, which wouldn't be fair to those who enjoy that gameplay.

I concur for much of this. It's bad enough that there are so many solo-story player unfriendly options in GS now (even though this was fed back during PTS). If they add ranked anything to the options then as far as I'm concerned GS can get ****** :mad: (probable punishment incoming for this swear but I don't give a ****).

Edited by Sarova

I concur for much of this. It's bad enough that there are so many solo-story player unfriendly options in GS now (even though this was fed back during PTS). If they add ranked anything to the options then as far as I'm concerned GS can get ****** :mad: (probable punishment incoming for this swear but I don't give a ****).

it's starred out, so I think you'll be fine...lol

As for ranked, if the pvp objective is just 1 pvp match for the daily, or 3/4 (can't remember) for the weekly, people can then choose which to do.

OMG no. Every time I've attempted Ranked, the chat and player conduct has been so toxic that I remember why I vowed never to do Ranked. At one point I went in with a sorc and immediately had people trying to report me for throwing the match, saying that I was doing so just by participating as a sorc.

Maybe if the Ranked player base were not so toxic, people would not be so adverse to playing with them. But forcing everyone into Ranked is only going to turn people off of GS, I can promise you that.

Read again how it works. GS always provides a variety of activities you to chose...if you dislike ranked then do other objectives lol. Those who enjoy ranked over killing bugs will be happy which results in increase activity in ranked whereas you can continue to slaughter insects :rak_03:

Trying to add Ranked into GS would be the same as asking for Master Mode options to replace Story Mode, it's a short-sighted and selfish suggestion that has no merit.

Solo ranked was a stupid idea in it's own right - having a mode for players to think they are superior due to experience and not skill was a disaster - so the focus should be on how can they make Team Ranked worthwhile?

Well, firstly, having content where 50% of the time someone gets nothing is a terrible suggestion - in PvE you don't have 50% of the raids fail and think things are going swimmingly, you'd down at least one boss or be satisfied you progressed into phase 3 or whatever. So perhaps the first notion should be to change the way Team Ranked works so that wins count double, speeding things up, but still allowing people to go into Team Ranked and be rewarded for participation.

Yes, there's a risk that it'll have a negative effect of people not trying, but considering team ranked is organized groups only it might turn the format into a place for people to dip their toes in the water instead of not wanting to waste their time spending weeks or months learning the counters to everyone in the current meta.

All they need to do is stop making PVP rewards a zero-sum game and it might turn the format into a more interesting venture for some.