Open tap? Tap to faction?

Herbertllew

I agree standing in line for mob respawns is no fun. With this many people on (at least the North American servers, can't speak to the EU servers) chances are good that you can flip maps. The map might not be any less crowded than the one you left, but there's a chance no one's camping the mobs you need.

Is there any possibility SWTOR could adopt an open mob tapping system or at least a tap-to-faction system? Competing for mob spawns is just no fun.

Is there a possibility you might explain what "mob tapping" and "tap-to-faction" means? 🙂

(Preferably without the use of more jargon. 🤔 )

Is there a possibility you might explain what "mob tapping" and "tap-to-faction" means? 🙂

(Preferably without the use of more jargon. 🤔 )

Sure.

"Open tap" means that anyone can receive credit and loot from attacking an enemy, regardless of whether they're the first to attack it.

"Tap to faction" is a similar idea, but restricts credit for killing a mob to people of the same faction as the first player to attack it.

"Tap to faction" is a similar idea, but restricts credit for killing a mob to people of the same faction as the first player to attack it.

And therefore "tap to faction" is a bad idea, since needed-for-a-mission mobs should not be able to be locked to the opposite faction where there is no mission that uses those mobs.

When I read open tap, discussing a game certainly wasn't a thought... nonetheless.

Shared kills should've been implemented from the get-go in this game, other than maybe world bosses or something that actually requires a group.

At this juncture in the game's lifespan, I don't see them changing something as trivial as this, when you can easily switch maps if applicable, or just wait it out.

When I read open tap, discussing a game certainly wasn't a thought... nonetheless.

Shared kills should've been implemented from the get-go in this game, other than maybe world bosses or something that actually requires a group.

At this juncture in the game's lifespan, I don't see them changing something as trivial as this, when you can easily switch maps if applicable, or just wait it out.

Hey! They did it though! Kudos to the devs! Tap to faction coming in 7.0.