Solo PVE stats?

technologhost

I can't find up to date guide and the ones i do find are all about end game

I'm wondering what a good stats distribution for good survivability and decent dps, i'm playing a juggernaut immortal and i tried different combinations of stats:

-first i went all out on defensive, but everything was a slogfest

-then i went full offensive and it still felt like i did no dps but with the advantage of dying very often

-then i went with a balanced approach and it seems to be working fine, i no longer need to leave my companion on healing, but that might be because this change came at a higher level (58), while the previous attempts were done at lower level where stats are pitiful

Is a balanced approach the best thing i can do as a solo player? What if i play an operative, would this be still a good idea?

I assume there is no point in getting accuracy and alacrity, and i should be putting into crit

The stats i have on the jugg

-47% damage reduction

-17% defense chance

-28% shield chance

-27% shield absorption

-21% crit chance

What are your thought?

Normal advice?

Immortal is a tank spec, best suited for late game group content. While leveling you will either slog through slowly with tank gear, not dying but taking forever, or you will do sub-par damage with worse survivability using dps gear

Level as Rage or Vengeance (dps specs) and put your companion in healer mode. The dps specs have passives and utilities that maximize damage and make the attack skills work better than Immortal.

While leveling, you can pretty much just stack Crit. Mastery and power come along by default

Normal advice?

Level as Rage or Vengeance (dps specs) and put your companion in healer mode. The dps specs have passives and utilities that maximize damage and make the attack skills work better than Immortal.

I did try using vengeance with full dps gear and companion on heal but i was dying too fast and i didn't notice any difference in clear time, also vengeance seems to be lacking aoe

I did try using vengeance with full dps gear and companion on heal but i was dying too fast and i didn't notice any difference in clear time, also vengeance seems to be lacking aoe

The challenge is how to leverage what abilities you are limited to as you level up vs the combat scenarios you are facing. By and large, non-end game PVE content is easy but there are a number of challenging fights you run into in story and open world quests. I would advise a few things: 1) leverage the guides online for your class and maximize your command of each new ability you acquire, especially DCDs. 2) consider your combat style ability tree choices along the way and when you find yourself struggling in a fight - swapping out some for others may give you the leg-up you need on survival. 3) If these are not working for a particular challenge, there is usually some searchable discussion/tips you can find that should help you by it.

Lastly and most importantly :) be wary of judging any class until you have all abilities (and leveled up with the tactical that best augments your discipline) - Veng Jugg can lay down massive AOE and spam it with Cut to Pieces tactical at lvl 75. Play what you enjoy but you are only going to get a feel for the overall class capabilities after you are leveled up and geared enough - most of the time I really start feeling the capabilities of the class around lvl 50+. Fortunately, it is easy to level up fast in this game.