These latest Collections Prices...

Reno_Tarshil

They seem a bit much.

The New Class sets: Silver Quality, 480 CC where as last pack series we were paying 90 CC

Lore Sets: 600 CC, when usually lore sets go for 360 CC a set with a few exceptions.

Pink-Magenta Endurance Crystal: 240 CC when they were 90 CC before

Now while I am willing to pay these prices, I don't think they are fair prices compared to what we've gotten to used to.

Just my thoughts.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It's one thing that Collections unlock prices take rarity into account, of course - but to overcharge because of 'perceived desireability' is....dare I say it.....gouging.

I wouldn't say gouging cause they are trying to make a profit after all (collections are a luxury after all not a necessity) but I don't think they are good pricing and hopefully they go back to their previous pricing system based on some healthy feedback.

I agree. It's one thing that Collections unlock prices take rarity into account, of course - but to overcharge because of 'perceived desireability' is....dare I say it.....gouging.

They've been gouging people on the CM since it's inception. And they continue to do so because so many banthas willingly allow themselves to be fleeced.

They've been gouging people on the CM since it's inception. And they continue to do so because so many banthas willingly allow themselves to be fleeced.

Gouging would imply they are forcing people to buy from it which isn't the case. They are Luxury items not necessity items.

Gouging would imply they are forcing people to buy from it which isn't the case. They are Luxury items not necessity items.

But by saying they are luxury items yourself, you are arguing with your own logic. Isn't the latest model of car from a manufacturer also usually more expensive than the previous one was? Markets change, inflation happens... I think these unlock prices are steep yes, but there comes a point where you've collected more armor sets than characters at a certain point. There's plenty of cool stuff already to mix and match and there's always the GTN. If you think it's too much, don't argue, just don't unlock them.

But by saying they are luxury items yourself, you are arguing with your own logic. Isn't the latest model of car from a manufacturer also usually more expensive than the previous one was? Markets change, inflation happens... I think these unlock prices are steep yes, but there comes a point where you've collected more armor sets than characters at a certain point. There's plenty of cool stuff already to mix and match and there's always the GTN. If you think it's too much, don't argue, just don't unlock them.

I've already stated I don't have an issue with paying for the unlocks, I just feel the prices are a bit much and was offering them honest feedback on a section of the game I participate heavily in.

My hope is that they see this thread and consider pricing the next stuff a bit better even tho it's unlikely.

I'm quite disappointed by this really.

To the devs: Can you at least announce these price changes in patch notes or in a developer blog?

There are expected prices based on item type and rarity. I was expecting a much lower price for the silver items as well, so I sent them to an alt, bound them, so I could unlock on main and save another login, only to be faced by a much higher account unlock than previous items of the same type and rarity. And tbh, I wouldn't have bothered in getting the entire set, and account unlocking it if I'd known before what the price for that would be. I think it's too steep.

I feel cheated, I'll get over it, and I've learned my lesson. Won't be doing those unlocks anymore, and won't bother with a full set anymore either.

On another note, why can we not see the prices of an unlock until we've unlocked the set? It's really untransparent and can cause very akward surprises. Nobody likes stores that do not have price tags.

The same could be seen during the last flash sale. The varactyl we already had from before was sold with 90% off but the one that was added last got sold with only 35% off. They are clearly pumping the return on the perceived desirebility. And the same thing happened with first-buy prices. The basic Eradicator set without mask 900cc. A new variation of the same set (Exterminator: slightly modified Marka Ragnos robe) and even though there's no mask in this set either, it still goes for the full set price of 1440cc. How much more blatant can you get? Edited by LeJarC

As stated earlier, this is a huge disappointment.

It just seems that Bioware wanted to screw everything that would be cool about this update, including the return of some armor shells that they chose to arbitrarily remove. I'm not surprised the Lore sets costs 600 CC to unlock, given the fact that's how the Saul Karath did already but the Rakata- and Battlemaster-like armor shells?

You removed them from the game in order to grab a quick buck from players, further down the road; Fine... It's not like I have a choice but to accept it.

BUT 480 CC? FOR A SILVER-RATED ITEM? THAT'S MORE EXPENSIVE THAN UNLOCKING THE THANA VESH ARMOR SET...!!!

Again, concerning 2.8 and everything attached to it, including Cartel Market Packs, you guys really, really outdid yourselves. F*S... :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well, not quite.

Yes the prices go up because of inflation, but we have no inflation of CC in the game.

But if you look at most consumer products (even luxury ones) you'll see that prices remain pretty steady or even go down if you account for inflation.

But when you have an already set pricing system, suddenly doubling it is a bit headstrong.

EDIT: I should add that I am pretty upset with these new prices.

I thought the old ones were just on the edge of what they could demand, but these new prices are just too high for comfort.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Still not gouging... that'd only be if we were forced to pay... and we're not being forced to pay a dime.

You seem to be one of those who equate everything that isn't completely free to gouging.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

OddballEasyEight please go back to your little BW shine and worship it since you clear have no idea what you are talking about....

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities at a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging)

The term “price gouging” is used in two different ways. In casual usage, it refers to raising the prices on goods or services to a level which is perceived as unfair. (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-price-gouging.htm)

Even using your definition of price gouging it is. They are forcing us to pay a higher price because there is no other way to unlock those items in collection.

But you don't HAVE to unlock those items in collections. You could buy multiple sets if you needed to.

You could buy the individual pieces you want for mixed sets as well.

This is not gouging.

It's way too pricey, yes, but it definately isn't gouging.

Again ignore the definitions, using your BW is my God logic to try and defend them. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall because what BW does is AMAZING and if someone disagree they are wrong and you will twist and ignore everything to support them.

Using your fail logic there is no such thing as price gouging because you don't have to buy anything.

I could understand if it cost more to produce CM items and them having to raise the price. That would be seen on what you buy from CM not the Collection system, what this is them gouging price on this part of them game hoping no one would notice.

Wow... you really are blinded by your hate aren't you? :eek:

I think bioware are trying the market with this stunt.

And it's a dumb move if you ask me.

I used to unlock everything I got. Just for the principle.

But now I'm only going to unlock it if I really need it on more than one character AND can't afford it from the GTN.

It's a rash and foolish move from their side and I'm sure they'll see a drop in revenue from the collections unlocks for this.

You deserve each other. :p

It's kinda funny because I'm actually on his side here. I don't think this is a good thing. I think bioware are being greedy and trying the market in a very hamfisted way.

I won't be unlocking things in collections any more unless I really "have to".

And assuming I'm not the only one, they are bound to lose money off it.

I just don't agree with the word gouging (because it's not gouging unless you are forced to use the service).

And he comes at me like that... wow...