State of the Galaxy Update: Manaan and the Selkath

• Dev Post

Hey, everyone!

I hope you’re all as excited as we are as we count down the days to “Legacy of the Sith.” As many of you may remember from our announcement livestream, we’ll be returning to Manaan as part of the storyline in “Legacy of the Sith.”

Although some of you visit Manaan regularly via your stronghold, it’s been awhile since we’ve had players travel to Manaan for story reasons. If you’d like to get reacquainted with the status and history of Manaan before diving into “Legacy of the Sith,” check out the newest state-of-the-galaxy blog!

As always, thank you all for being a part of this amazing community, and may the Force be with you!

Edited by CommunityTeam

Hey, everyone!

I hope you’re all as excited as we are as we count down the days to “Legacy of the Sith.” As many of you may remember from our announcement livestream, we’ll be returning to Manaan as part of the storyline in “Legacy of the Sith.”

Although some of you visit Manaan regularly via your stronghold, it’s been awhile since we’ve had players travel to Manaan for story reasons. If you’d like to get reacquainted with the status and history of Manaan before diving into “Legacy of the Sith,” check out the newest state-of-the-galaxy blog!

cool thx for the update and please check out this related thread: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=994715 :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
come on you know *underwater* would soooo AWESOME....

Any hope new underwater rooms will be added to the Manaan stronghold? It always felt half done, with the best half being left off. This would be a great time to revisit and improve that stronghold!

Wishful thinking but no way. Once a stronghold is completed they never make changes to it. If there is a bug like with a hook not being accessible, then they will address it but adding more rooms will never happen.

Hey, everyone!

*clipped

I am always looking forward to the new story, but 7.0 has me extremely worried given the current info about the high possibility of losing 66,7% of my abilities through that pruning system u have on PTS atm so that really puts a damper on my excitement about the new story coming. I play since 2011 and so far nothing ingame has made me start reconsidering my dedication to the game but this did the trick.

Currently all classes have pretty nice balance imo and you want start removing 2 out of 3 abilities available? Very bad choice that will have consequences - Swtor is NOT a mobile game, dont make it into one. We have keyboards, not keypads, we dont need you to toss out vast majority of our abilities.

Hey, everyone!

As always, thank you all for being a part of this amazing community, and may the Force be with you!

Sorry, but what happened to the German localization? In German this article reads like a very bad google translation.

Sorry, but what happened to the German localization? In German this article reads like a very bad google translation.

Thanks for pointing this out, I came here to report the same thing. The German translation is not only full of errors, its also incredibly hard to read and a lot of sentences are completly false translated or dont make sense at all.

(For example, stating that the Shasha Order would never allign with the rest of Manaan, even in a time of crisis. Its translated with that the Shasha Order would never start war with the rest of Manaan even in a time of crisis:rak_02:)

Edited by Anmalex

Any hope new underwater rooms will be added to the Manaan stronghold? It always felt half done, with the best half being left off. This would be a great time to revisit and improve that stronghold!

That would be nice to have at least one REALLY good underwater experience in that SH.

[/two thumbs up for both the post and the link that was posted to the other thread ]

Why isn't the Rift Alliance mentioned at all in here? There's a section in this 'Intelligence Report' about how Manaan has few dedicated allies or friends to call upon. Yet, the whole of the Consular Chapter 2 and parts of Consular Chapter 3 is all about the importance of the Rift Alliance, these six planets (Saleucami, Aeten II, Manaan, Erigorm, Balmorra, and Sarkhai) who have come together over their shared feelings on the Republic and how the Consular has to prove that the Republic is still there for them. Leading to strengthening the Alliance to the point that they become a major power and savior for the Republic.

And yet, it seems like you've decided to completely ignore that? Why? I certainly hope that a Consular Alliance Commander's efforts in the past aren't completely forgotten come Legacy of the Sith.

An attempt to translate a few passages from the German article back into English.

"DISPATCH FOR COMMANDING OFFICERS OF THE IMPERIAL MILITARY"

->

"SENT TO COMMAND IMPERIAL MILITARY OFFICERS"

"As galaxy-wide..."

->

"As the galaxy-wide galaxy..."

"In addition to physically secluding themselves..."

->

"The Selkath have not only split off physically"

"If it can be located, our forces should make an effort to retrieve it..."

->

"If they are found, our troops should try to find them"

and more.

Have there been any recent changes in the localization?

In the past, I have not noticed errors in translation in such large numbers.

The article is incomprehensible in parts.

Some sentences don't make sense or are completely jumbled by the structure.

Will the German-speaking community have to be prepared for a lower quality of translations in future updates?

• 2 weeks later...
Why isn't the Rift Alliance mentioned at all in here? There's a section in this 'Intelligence Report' about how Manaan has few dedicated allies or friends to call upon. Yet, the whole of the Consular Chapter 2 and parts of Consular Chapter 3 is all about the importance of the Rift Alliance, these six planets (Saleucami, Aeten II, Manaan, Erigorm, Balmorra, and Sarkhai) who have come together over their shared feelings on the Republic and how the Consular has to prove that the Republic is still there for them. Leading to strengthening the Alliance to the point that they become a major power and savior for the Republic.

And yet, it seems like you've decided to completely ignore that? Why? I certainly hope that a Consular Alliance Commander's efforts in the past aren't completely forgotten come Legacy of the Sith.

You have a better memory of the consular storyline than any of the devs, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Bioware please do this.

I love how you remembered the Infintie Army technology on Manaan.

So in that case I ask you nicely to acknowledge our choice on Rakata Prime, especially those ones who retrived Infinite Army's technology on Rakata Prime. I hope you didn't forgot about that. Even simple sentence or two about that that we have still technology of Infinite Army and we can send a COPY of that to Empire/ and Xarion.

Or something. Simple thing but would do a great smile on me and I think not only me...

Because it will means our choice there didn't matter at ALL.