Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant blame them I got my preorder the first day, Due to game stops BS with the code I dident get my code entered untill the 3rd day and Im still one of them that got it first and all the servers on low population. Only way Ill be mad is if I dont get in today.

Is anyone getting this on their launcher? "There is currently no active subscirption on this account. Actitvate your account here."

Does this happen to have anything to do with the email that you are all talking about?

if they havent' cleared u for access yet that's what ur launcher wil say

I think early access should have given randomly with higher priority on early pre orders so everyone would have an equal opportunity to play the game early... after all, everyone pre ordered, doesn't matter if it was early July or late December.

Just my opinion.

Is anyone getting this on their launcher? "There is currently no active subscirption on this account. Actitvate your account here."

Does this happen to have anything to do with the email that you are all talking about?

There's a sticky for this - it's basically the default message for 'No, you don't have early access yet'

considering they havent even gotten everyone in from the FIRST DAY of preorders.... you arent far off.

preorders opened 6 months ago.... they havent even fullfilled the first day. *********** idiotic.

Not idiotic. There's just that many people. This game has far more pre-orders than any mmo ever.

IT ALSO SAID "Up to 5 days of early access". That would be 2 days from now. If you want to hold someone to some exacting standards, start with yourself.

The MMO community is such a childish bunch. I have to wonder how many of you are crying and holding your breath. Just CALM DOWN. Bioware is 2 days early. They could have started all this 2 days from now. Take a DEEP BREATH, and remember this is a video game.

And yet here you are posting...

Really......really?

Their giving you an extra 2 days than you expected and it's a big "**** off".

You have to be kidding or your dangerously spoiled.

"Dangerously spoiled." I love that!

Pre-ordered on the 22nd, not in yet. So damned excited I can't go back to sleep!

Pretty sure early access is when you redeemed your code, not when you bought it.

So if you bought it in July, but because they had the code go out 24-48hrs later, you forgot to redeem it until November - you won't be getting in until the November purchases go in.

Stop this nonsense mines is already in the mail :p

It's not nonsense, as I have been to the stores today myself. They even showed me the email, after I told them that other people in Europe claim to have picked up their boxes already.

The email clearly stated that they were not allowed to sell SW:TOR retail boxes before Thursday 15th !

They should ban people like that before the game even begun. You just know not a single good contribution from a person like that is to be expected in the game.

Not going to happen, they still want their money, they couldn't care less if they have no good contribution :p

It's EA after all...

At the very least you OWE them a bit more of an accurate timeline. Early access is a gift.... ok. Tell me that when I can finally log in and my mates are 10-20 levels higher then I am.

Hmm ... tell your friends to wait? Do you demand more XP as well for quests, only because one of your friends has more play time available than you?

Secondly, you doing this in waves is actually an illogical move. You have no idea what sells will be like on launch come the 20th. You "could" end up with 10 times what the pre-sales have been. So because you are taking us in on waves.... doesn't test your over all capability. With that being said, we expect server crashes and stuff on early access. This is the final chance for you to test server stability and your pissing all over the opportunity while at the same time on us.

TBh, I don't think that SWTOR will sell roughly 10 to 20 millions on launch day, not that it would be bad for the game itself though.

Pre-ordering, redeeming the code allows us to get early access, and early access is FREE!!!

I just can't understand how you can feel pissed on for getting something for free. Even if you only get one day of early access, you would still 'win' a day of free game time.

Just want to point something out that I think some of you are missing here.. BioWare is doing this so they can monitor server performance and ensure a smooth launch by doing the early access in waves.

The assumption is that every person who is getting access today will be able to log on the moment they get the email. Keep in mind, people have jobs, school, other commitments that will not allow them to jump right online the moment the email comes.

So realistically I don't think there will be as many waves in one day that everyone is hoping for.. It's all about timing and patience.

When I pre-ordered nowhere on any pages did it state it was going to be staggered....where did it say that on any page during your pre-order process?:confused:

This is kinda true. It might have motivated people to order earlier or at least give notice that this was going to happen. Complaints are warranted about this: they've had years of development on this and there is just no reason why they can't handle an infrastructure like this now. We are "only" talking about maybe a million. That other game has 10x as much.

Yes. I think thats the response for people who haven't received an early access invite yet. Keep checking your email man :)

To ease your minds:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40755/USA/

This is pre-order chart at the end of July. Only 120k orders. 6th Aug there were 200k. Now there is nearly 1 mil so if we split that 1 mil into 7 days. It means aroun 140k players should get in today. So everybody in July in theory should be in.

I haven't calculated Europe, but there is no release data, so I had to work with I have.