Valor Extension to 110?

Nickodemous

I have come to the realization that I have gotten too old for ranked. :D I turn 50 next month and, although I do still enjoy pvp, I do not have the time nor the desire to participate in that venue anymore. I have been pvping for 22 yrs now in some form or fashion and am more interested in taking the casual approach now. When I had to start wearing readers to play....because you cannot read the screen...it time for some self evaluation....lol!

I just thought the devs were rather creative with GS. It encouraged people to play and branch out into new realms that were not normally explored. As for myself, I will use GSF as an example. I would not give it the time of day before GS but I find myself queuing for it more now than regs.

A restructuring of an existing dead system - Valor - similar to that of GS could incent more participation. It could be as simple as a Valor vendor that unlocks various items based on level. Why not lift the cap to 110 and reward people for playing? It certainly can't hurt.

I’m in a similar situation as is my wife. I’m all for new incentives or just improvements on the ones we have now to encourage people to play group content and actually play it better.

Sadly, I don’t think Bioware care about the second part of learning to play better. They only care about numbers in the queue, which is why I’ve mostly stopped reg pvping too because the quality has degraded so much.

There are so many small things Bioware could do to old systems already in the game that could improve participation and improve the quality of play. I’m glad there are still people like yourself with enough hope to offer suggestions to Bioware. Let’s just hope Bioware are also reading and listening to you, I know they stopped listening to most of us years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I do believe they listen. For instance, I made a post on gen chat about the squids not being able to show dark side corruption...it was fixed in the next patch. I also understand that they have a plan and that changing that plan has to be carefully considered. All we can do is ask. I honestly don’t believe, what has been requested here, would require sweeping changes though to that plan. It would be nice if valor could be amended into something significant for pvp’ers but, if not, it certainly would not be a SWTOR deal breaker for me.

I do believe they listen. For instance, I made a post on gen chat about the squids not being able to show dark side corruption...it was fixed in the next patch. I also understand that they have a plan and that changing that plan has to be carefully considered. All we can do is ask. I honestly don’t believe, what has been requested here, would require sweeping changes though to that plan. It would be nice if valor could be amended into something significant for pvp’ers but, if not, it certainly would not be a SWTOR deal breaker for me.

Actually it only took them 2+ years to act on that because others had said the same thing when they released that race (you just happened to preempt their patch with your request).

Also when it comes to pvp they either ignore us, don’t listen or misunderstand the feedback so much that when they do implement something it’s incorrectly done.

I’ve given up on BioWare ever doing what’s best for pvp. I think the 7.0 changes will be a absolute s**t show because they aren’t listening to much of the pts feedback and will put the last nail in the coffin.

I’ve stopped testing cause it’s pointless. It’s obvious they don’t understand their own game of the different players.

Sadly, I think I’ll be unsubbing come January as will a lot of pvpers who’ve had enough of BioWares rubbish. I’m hanging on by a thread to see what they do and praying they don’t ruin the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Actually it only took them 2+ years to act on that because others had said the same thing when they released that race (you just happened to preempt their patch with your request).

Also when it comes to pvp they either ignore us, don’t listen or misunderstand the feedback so much that when they do implement something it’s incorrectly done.

I’ve given up on BioWare ever doing what’s best for pvp. I think the 7.0 changes will be a absolute s**t show because they aren’t listening to much of the pts feedback and will put the last nail in the coffin.

I’ve stopped testing cause it’s pointless. It’s obvious they don’t understand their own game of the different players.

Sadly, I think I’ll be unsubbing come January as will a lot of pvpers who’ve had enough of BioWares rubbish. I’m hanging on by a thread to see what they do and praying they don’t ruin the game.

I am sorry to hear this Trixxie! You, like myself, are very passionate about SWTOR pvp and I have always admired that about you! If you do end up unsubbing, the community would certainly miss your insight.

Although I have not participated in the PTS, I have been following the various threads in regards to it. I have not established an opinion as of yet and have taken a wait and see stance about it.

As far as pvp, as I have said before, all we can do is ask and hope our requests do not fall upon def ears. I honestly don’t believe that though and think that they have been looking into everyone’s suggestions. As far as my valor suggestions, just thought it would be cool if a dead system could be brought back to life to create some excitement and provide some rewards for those who participate on a regular basis.

Keep your chin up!!! We will se what happens!

I am sorry to hear this Trixxie! You, like myself, are very passionate about SWTOR pvp and I have always admired that about you! If you do end up unsubbing, the community would certainly miss your insight.

Although I have not participated in the PTS, I have been following the various threads in regards to it. I have not established an opinion as of yet and have taken a wait and see stance about it.

As far as pvp, as I have said before, all we can do is ask and hope our requests do not fall upon def ears. I honestly don’t believe that though and think that they have been looking into everyone’s suggestions. As far as my valor suggestions, just thought it would be cool if a dead system could be brought back to life to create some excitement and provide some rewards for those who participate on a regular basis.

Keep your chin up!!! We will se what happens!

I hope I’m wrong, I really do. But when we tested 6.0 they didn’t listen and went ahead with poor choices and bugs that we’d pointed out months in advance on the pts.

And as per usual they released just before Christmas with changes people hated and full of bugs then went on holidays. The game got a small bump in players for 2 weeks and then we lost more players than the bump provided.

By the time they got back to work and started to fix stuff, we had less players than we had before 6.0 landed.

I fear the same thing is going to happen again in 7.0, but it’s going to be more dramatic with significant player loss this time.

• 4 weeks later...
For trixxie and an opportunity to make pvp interesting again.

I still don't think this is a difficult request! If 7.0 raiders get the best chance at gear....here is your opportunity to do the same with pvp!

I already canceled my reoccurring sub and filled in my “cancelled sub” feed back form for BioWare. I’ve 80 odd days to go till it runs out, but the majority of the 7.0 announcements have made me stop playing at the moment.

BioWare would have to walk back on a bunch of the announcements or modify them heavily or release something really special with the story to get me playing full time again.

I’ll still have active time when 7.0 is released and I can evaluate it. But I think I’ll probably be waiting many months till they give us non-operations players access to the mods vendor and I don’t want to play in unoptimised static gear. So I doubt I’ll resub till that vendor is available (if at all).

I already canceled my reoccurring sub and filled in my “cancelled sub” feed back form for BioWare. I’ve 80 odd days to go till it runs out, but the majority of the 7.0 announcements have made me stop playing at the moment.

BioWare would have to walk back on a bunch of the announcements or modify them heavily or release something really special with the story to get me playing full time again.

I’ll still have active time when 7.0 is released and I can evaluate it. But I think I’ll probably be waiting many months till they give us non-operations players access to the mods vendor and I don’t want to play in unoptimised static gear. So I doubt I’ll resub till that vendor is available (if at all).

I understand but think you better than that...

Your trixxie.....one bad *** B who can put up with me.....damn....a poet who didn't know it!

Give it a chance.

• 4 weeks later...