could this be the next SW MMO to "replace" SWTOR ....?

Nee-Elder

Meh. Not a fan of Mandos, myself, so no, it couldn't replace SWTOR.

And the writers of both articles (Massively's clickbait and the one it references) both admit that the rumours are beyond normal scale, well into "my friend's brother's wife's cousin's friend's neighbour's sister's husband said" territory.

So no, nothing to see for now.

I hate Mandalorians.

Only those in SWTOR. They managed to turn Mandalorians from highly trained bad-as* killer zealots like you see in the old KOTOR games into some sort of sadly comical stereotype barbarian warriors that only do random brawls and then randomly hunt something all the while boasting about how great they are.

A MMO based on The Mandalorian would be awesome though.

Edited by TheRealExozone

An MMO without Jedi/sith and only Mando's isn't worth wasting time making. Sure some would love it, but Far more people enjoy playing Force users to even want such a thing.

If this rumor is true, I'll be ignoring it, because I don't like Mandolorians in any form. Including the Kotor versions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing can be replaced

You always lose something

There is always loss in the attempt of substitution or recreation

“Visual aid is the raiders of the lost ark seen. Indy tries to substitute the stone on the pedal.”

Something are irreplaceable

Many things can never be recovered

Swtor is alive. It is an mmo in active service.

No one wants to repeat a Star Wars galaxies.

The events that lead to the destruction of that design’s philosophy. Galaxies is sorely missing today.

The fault of sony online entertainment and the management of the time, is the non compete clause within the brand.

Sacrifice one game world of vastly different make and design, for something complete and from the ground up not able to live up to the task of keeping sake of the legacy system of a galaxy in wider conflict. Galaxies was setup for a great almost eve online journey of real time space, it was almost being setup for lift off, hop in, hop out of a ship, travel, land on a distant world. it was almost a No Man's Sky of that age, predating the idea of Bethesda's Starfield and Hello Games's NMS by a decade. and only god knows when Star Citizen will release. a shame

. [*2] Commander Christopher Blake. Lieutenant Todd Maniac Marshall.

No reason to kill a fully functional mmo. Meeting operating cost mmo, well enough to stay in the portfolio. As long as swtor can earn its keep, it will and should stay alive_7 for all time.

A game in

An mmo in active development

Bioware listens. Developers listen.

This new mmo is a blessing in competition.

You and everyone that should find swtor will be able to vote with your time and coin.

We, all consumers, of Star Wars or sci fi product entertainment will have choice. Free to move back and forth, share our thoughts, air our likes and dislikes and contribute what can make each game and every game better. Improve the game industry as a whole through healthy and honored state of competition.

It is good for gaming

It is good for the brand

It is good for Star Wars

||

||

This new mmo is a blessing

You and everyone that should find swtor will be able to vote with your time and coin.

We, all consumers, of Star Wars or sci fi product entertainment will have choice. Free to move back and forth, share our thoughts, air our likes and dislikes and contribute what can make each game and every game better. Improve the game industry as a whole

Dedicate our time to promote the value of life in space, humanity’s push for a life, a civilization, a place among the stars.

It is a corner stone of human history and human story to continue telling the tales of adventure and personal journey or greater galactic journey. Everyone’s travel through space and time.[*1]

While we are still anchored to live here on earth

[*1]Pandorum (2009)

this movie is a good narrative watch, and a good narrative listen

( i cant find a good fitting trailer, you have to look for something decent)

(here's one 2:41 second trailer for now)

the premise:

EVOLUTION HAS BETRAYED US. Pandorum (2009), starring Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid, produced by Paul W.S. Anderson. This is a FAN-MADE trailer. Play it loud!

YOUR PLACE IN HISTORY

AWAITS

500 million miles from earth

"you're all that's left of us."

"Good Luck.

God bless."

There are no Earthlings

"and God Speed."

"where are we?"

"where's the rest of the crew?"

"this is no ordinary transport. this was something special."

"what's your plan?"

"I need you to show me the way"

"no one ever comes back"

there's a few more in the trailer, but it's a great sci fi and thinking of generational ships experience

ships that take so long to reach their destination, that multi generations of crew and ship inhabitants, borth, live, and die. before the generation ships reaches the set destination

Edited by Falensawino

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, kyledll said:

Personally I would like to an MMO set during The Clone Wars.

That  could be  super  cool  actually  yeah ,  cuz  then it would be easy to justify  "so many JEDI"   but still  not  too many or too blatant  since  it's almost getting to  Order-66 time.   (so there could  then also be tons of  BOUNTY HUNTERS  to balance things out ...assuming the game would have  player-bounties like SWG had :sy_bountyhunter: )

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

That  could be  super  cool  actually  yeah ,  cuz  then it would be easy to justify  "so many JEDI"   but still  not  too many or too blatant  since  it's almost getting to  Order-66 time.   (so there could  then also be tons of  BOUNTY HUNTERS  to balance things out ...assuming the game would have  player-bounties like SWG had :sy_bountyhunter: )

Well there would also be a lot of Smugglers around this time period, hopefully we'll get romances like have with SWTOR.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 3:37 AM, Nee-Elder said:

So umm, i was hoping for SWG-2 but THIS could be interesting.... https://massivelyop.com/2022/04/27/rumor-leakers-claim-elder-scrolls-onlines-zos-is-working-on-a-star-wars-mandalorian-mmo/ ..... if true ?

Guess we'll find out eventually. :cool:

Erm, doubt it, but i do think Bioware should split the swtor game into 8 games, where they connect to a hub for pvp and co-op, its like a Destiny 2 type of thing....except it will actually have story content and not minor stories time-gated to make it feel longer when its really only an hour long or so.

1 hour ago, JamieKirby said:

but i do think Bioware should split the swtor game into 8 games, where they connect to a hub for pvp and co-op,

hmm, interesting idea....that of course would never happen  ( at least, not until after the game officially ends and maybe DisneyEA releases the code)

However, what if  BioWare  created a new  "war" type zone whereby both ground (8 Combat Classes) AND space (GSF pilots)  could connect/queue into some massive BATTLE area (if the server could handle it) ? ---Wait, i'm basically talking about SW Battlefront  lol  but still would be cool in SWTOR yep.

45 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm, interesting idea....that of course would never happen  ( at least, not until after the game officially ends and maybe DisneyEA releases the code)

However, what if  BioWare  created a new  "war" type zone whereby both ground (8 Combat Classes) AND space (GSF pilots)  could connect/queue into some massive BATTLE area (if the server could handle it) ? ---Wait, i'm basically talking about SW Battlefront  lol  but still would be cool in SWTOR yep.

I was speaking about story aspects and class balance, they should make classes have 2 versions, pve and pvp, cause i am tired of all the nerfs, buffs and changes because of pvp alone.

Also, i would prefer and i look forward to the Kotor remake, so i would prefer a hub for online aspects for those that want it, but also, a SP style games, where its just you and anyone you choose to group with. Division 2 does that and its quite cool, i just wish the seasonal content wouldn't force you into higher difficulties.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, jarjarloves said:

then what you guys want is Star Citizen.  It's the closest you will get to SWG but with more depth and fewer lightsabers. 

No thanks.  If i want  SWG ,  i just go play 'SWGEmu' .

Also: nothing can have "more depth" than original Pre-cu SWG, because it was only limited by the player's own personal imagination.

Anyways, what i want is  SWG-2 , which let's be honest just ain't gonna happen. ( Raph Koster  visionary types are 1 in a billion )

However, there is some hope with Ubisoft ( albeit supposedly single-player ) as well as the rumored  Zenimax/ESO team possibly taking on Star Wars IP for another MMO.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: no one ever remembers how crucial Raph Koster the ARCHITECT truly was

23 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

No thanks.  If i want  SWG ,  i just go play 'SWGEmu' .

Also: nothing can have "more depth" than original Pre-cu SWG, because it was only limited by the player's own personal imagination.

Anyways, what i want is  SWG-2 , which let's be honest just ain't gonna happen. ( Raph Koster  visionary types are 1 in a billion )

However, there is some hope with Ubisoft ( albeit supposedly single-player ) as well as the rumored  Zenimax/ESO team possibly taking on Star Wars IP for another MMO.

no worries but yeah you absolutely can have more depth as there things you can't do in SWG such as actual smuggling, prison breaks, salvaging, piracy and even ship boarding.   But i am right there with you i would love SWG 2 but that's not going to happen.  SC is as close as it comes. 

4 minutes ago, jarjarloves said:

there things you can't do in SWG such as actual smuggling, prison breaks, salvaging, piracy and even ship boarding. 

Sorry to parse your words here but hey it's  forums so yeah lol ... Anyways:  Not sure  which era you played SWG originally but you most certainly could indeed do all 5 of those ^ things.

Lemme see how mushy my memory is....

• during Pre-cu ( and even in CU era ) we could  smuggle 'contraband'  ( aka sliced items ) and get busted by the EMPIRE on random  'troop drop' patrols out in the wilds.
  • during CU era , there was indeed a 'prison break'  group zone called  ' ______ Station'  i think?  Whereby we had to free  Wookies from a Trandosian prison
  • once JTL era hit , we could indeed  'salvage'  asteroids up in space zones , using a special crafted type of  laser ( on a Mining Ship )
  •  not sure what you mean by "piracy" , but again that was sorta possible with the endless RP + imagination  sandbox-ness of  SWG
  • as for 'ship boarding' , there was of course the 9 variations of the 'Corvette' missions AND another group activity during the NGE-2 era i believe called  'ISP' ( or something ) whereby we would travel as a group aboard my Gunboat ( complete with player-manned turrets ) and have to board an Imperial Star Destroyer Interdictor Class  and then proceed on the mission within the bowels & halls of that ship

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

Sorry to parse your words here but hey it's  forums so yeah lol ... Anyways:  Not sure  which era you played SWG originally but you most certainly could indeed do all 5 of those ^ things.

Lemme see how mushy my memory is....

• during Pre-cu ( and even in CU era ) we could  smuggle 'contraband'  ( aka sliced items ) and get busted by the EMPIRE on random  'troop drop' patrols out in the wilds.
  • during CU era , there was indeed a 'prison break'  group zone called  ' ______ Station'  i think?  Whereby we had to free  Wookies from a Trandosian prison
  • once JTL era hit , we could indeed  'salvage'  asteroids up in space zones , using a special crafted type of  laser ( on a Mining Ship )
  •  not sure what you mean by "piracy" , but again that was sorta possible with the endless RP + imagination  sandbox-ness of  SWG
  • as for 'ship boarding' , there was of course the 9 variations of the 'Corvette' missions AND another group activity during the NGE-2 era i believe called  'ISP' ( or something ) whereby we would travel as a group aboard my Gunboat ( complete with player-manned turrets ) and have to board an Imperial Star Destroyer Interdictor Class  and then proceed on the mission within the bowels & halls of that ship

I'm not talking about a quest.  I'm talking about lets say you decided to become a pirate and you attack another player,  You disable their ship, board them take all of their cargo.  Sell it but then you get a crime stat which means a bounty  hunter can go after you and get payed for killing you.   Then you get killed by a bounty  hunter and get sent to prison.  While you are in prison you can either work your way out, join a prison gang  or break out of prison.   If you break out of prison then you need to get to a security station, hack hte computer to clear your crime stat. 

As for salvage currently you can strip the hulls of destroyed ships and either sell the material or use it to repair your own ship.   They are currently adding ship componets so lets say your ship is damaged in a battle and your engines break or your sheild generator.  Well if salavage an enemy ship you might find componets you can use to repair or replace the ones on your ship. 

I'm not just talking about RP obvioulsy as Star citizen is also a sand box but there are actual game mechanics that allow that to be possible.  

All of this in an open world with 0 loading screens once you load into the game.    If you see something in the game you can get there.  No invisible walls everything is physical in the universe. 

Edited by jarjarloves

10 minutes ago, jarjarloves said:

I'm not talking about a quest.  I'm talking about lets say you decided to become a pirate and you attack another player,  You disable their ship, board them take all of their cargo.  Sell it but then you get killed by a bounty  hunter and get sent to prison.  While you are in prison you can either work your way out, join a prison gang  or break out of prison.   

As for salavage currently you can strip the hulls of destroyed ships and either sell the material or use it to repair your own ship.   They are currently adding ship componets so lets say your ship is damaged in a battle and your engines break or your sheild generator.  Well if salavage an enemy ship you might find componets you can use to repair or replace the ones on your ship. 

I'm not just talking about RP obvioulsy as Star citizen is also a sand box but there are actual game mechanics that allow that to be possible.  

All of this in an open world with 0 loading screens once you load into the game.    If you see something in the game you can get there.  No invisible walls everything is physical in the universe. 

Well yes that all sounds super cool  ( i'm being serious , it really does )  but one problem for me:  It isn't  Star Wars.

Yes i know, i'm a snob. :cool:

p.s.  If only  SWTOR original Devs had the courage ( and authorization ) to add  'Star Citizen' type sandbox freedoms into this game , instead of sinking to the lowest common denominator Cartel Market greed game model on steroids.

3 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Well yes that all sounds super cool  ( i'm being serious , it really does )  but one problem for me:  It isn't  Star Wars.

Yes i know, i'm a snob. :cool:

p.s.  If only  SWTOR original Devs had the courage ( and authorization ) to add  'Star Citizen' type sandbox freedoms into this game , instead of sinking to the lowest common denominator Cartel Market greed game model on steroids.

Believe me I get that and Yeah I do wish this was Star Wars but it's everything I wanted in SWG so i'm able to look past it. 

Ehh I don't think Bioware would have ever made a sandbox mmo. i mean it's bioware sandbox isn't something they do.   Still I love the Stories in SWTOR and love it for what it is.