THEORY: Why the Rakata *actually* lost their connection to the Force

EAFSAMWISE

I recall that according to most sources that explain the loss of Force-sensitivity by the Rakata, the explanation generally goes that a "plague" was engineered by a rival faction during a period of infighting and this gradually made them lose their connection. However the main source for this seems to come from the oral history told by the Sand People in Knights of the Old Republic I that the player can opt to hear translated by HK-47 where it's explained that the Rakata were hampered or weakened by a "plague" and this enabled the Sand Peoples' ancestors to sabotage the Rakatas' technology. However this oral history was known to be exaggerated in some ways the the Sand People did not necessarily understand everything that went on so perhaps they simply interpreted this as a "plague."

I would pose an alternate theory. In the 'Dawn of the Jedi' comics, it is shown that the decimation of Tatooine took place around the same time as the Rakata invasion of Tython. During the course of the comic, nothing is mentioned of a "plague" or any sudden condition that made the Rakata lose their connection to the Force. However, this starts to happen to some of the Rakata leadership when they invade Tython. Since Tython is a "nexus" in the Force, I would argue that the Rakata *actually* lost their Force-sensitivity due to them attacking Tython and it was the Force's way of "fighting back" against them. They were hit hard by this b/c their technology was all dependent on the Force.

Please share your thoughts.

Edited by EAFSAMWISE

• 2 weeks later...