Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediKalamarti's Avatar


JediKalamarti
11.21.2020 , 12:46 AM | #201
I got off work tonight and was going to play before bed. I launched the game and it would go to the loading screen. Then crash. I ran Diagnostic and fix launcher exe. Once I did that it decided to launch and go to the log error everyone has been having issues with. Now I am sad and frustrated lol. I hope it is up and running soon, If not maybe do a clean reinstall of the game.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
11.21.2020 , 01:12 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKalamarti View Post
I ran Diagnostic and fix launcher exe..
fixlauncher has not been a viable step for a very long time , run the repair utility at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troublesho.../m-p/4805820#2

and step through https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troublesho...unread-message

if it persists make a post in the technical issues forum and provide a dxdiag https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...ld-republic-en

latest cause of game crash for an updated win 10 system has been found to be caused by the citrix entryprotect inject service if people have a similar setup https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...9761062#M65995

catbugblood's Avatar


catbugblood
11.21.2020 , 01:23 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi folks,

Here are two workarounds that should help players on Windows 7 who encounter the C1/C7 error.
  1. Workaround 1: disable desktop composition in the compatibility settings
  2. Workaround 2: Start swtor.exe and launcher.exe as admin w/ compatibility for XP SP3
Please, let us know if those workarounds helped you.
Tried both of these, neither worked. When I press "Play" the launcher closes, and then nothing. The game does not open.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
11.21.2020 , 08:00 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by catbugblood View Post
Tried both of these, neither worked. When I press "Play" the launcher closes, and then nothing. The game does not open.
try compat mode of win 7 instead of xp sp3

Martin_Sal's Avatar


Martin_Sal
11.22.2020 , 08:26 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi folks,

Here are two workarounds that should help players on Windows 7 who encounter the C1/C7 error.
  1. Workaround 1: disable desktop composition in the compatibility settings
  2. Workaround 2: Start swtor.exe and launcher.exe as admin w/ compatibility for XP SP3
Please, let us know if those workarounds helped you.
I use windows 7. These solutions didn't work for me. However, in Solution 1, when I tried checking "disable visual themes" instead of checking "disable desktop composition", that seemingly fixed the problem. The game starts now.

JaitsuPatrol's Avatar


JaitsuPatrol
11.22.2020 , 11:16 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Martin_Sal View Post
I use windows 7. These solutions didn't work for me. However, in Solution 1, when I tried checking "disable visual themes" instead of checking "disable desktop composition", that seemingly fixed the problem. The game starts now.
I've been trying to get the game to work for two days now and this solution fixed it for me; thank you for posting it!

Aenie's Avatar


Aenie
11.24.2020 , 09:37 AM | #207
Still no news about that problem?

Starglin's Avatar


Starglin
11.28.2020 , 01:53 PM | #208
I've got Windows 10. I've tried all of the work-arounds and fixes I could find and it still won't launch.
After I press Play, the launcher disappears and in the Task Manager the game appears for a half a second, says [Suspended] then vanishes without ever opening long enough to even make my screen flicker or go black or anything. It's as though I never pressed play at all.

Any updates on the issue would be appreciated.

Sleeperzz's Avatar


Sleeperzz
11.28.2020 , 04:23 PM | #209
What is Your graphics card setup. Setup it up for the standard minimal setting.
The workarounds point to a graphcis problem since this problem happens on WIN 7 and Win 10.

Quote: Originally Posted by Starglin View Post
I've got Windows 10. I've tried all of the work-arounds and fixes I could find and it still won't launch.
After I press Play, the launcher disappears and in the Task Manager the game appears for a half a second, says [Suspended] then vanishes without ever opening long enough to even make my screen flicker or go black or anything. It's as though I never pressed play at all.

Any updates on the issue would be appreciated.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
11.28.2020 , 06:09 PM | #210
Most have been resolved
Those affected on win 10 have been mostly found to be running an old version of windows (17134/1803)

make a post in the technical issues forum if need
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...ld-republic-en

few examples for win 10

solved case was antivirus https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...9785170#M66293

solved case was citrix service https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...9695517/page/2

solved case was old win 10 version - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...d/td-p/9770986