Spoiler Saresh.

TalonVII

So glad we finally get to deal with her. The look on her face when she tries to take your Alliance and you show up alive, priceless.

Thanks devs on that one. Granted my JK didn't kill her, but my Sorc, will happily take her out.

The best part is that a loyal Republic intelligence agent is happy with her death.

Even patriots hate that schutta.

Hell yeah! My trooper has hated her since she tried to trade Admiral Ratkin back to the Empire in Ch. 3. She's been a thorn in her side since. I'm looking forward to when I reach that chapter and put an end to her scheming once and for all.

The moment she said that, I knew she was a disaster in the making. She wanted to give Rakton back to the Empire, the Empire's greatest strategist and battle commander, the guy who had never actually been defeated up till the moment he took on the Trooper and every single campaign he led and planned against the Republic succeeded. This is the man Saresh wanted to give back.

So I went to all that trouble and effort to catch this guy, and now you want to give him back!? Yes the Empire will release thousands of POW's in exchange, but if we give him back are we literally handing the Empire the guy who could defeat us? Do you honestly think we'll be able to catch this guy again?

Then there was the Makeb incident. That just showed Saresh's one track mind at defeating the Empire no matter what. She didn't seem to care at all about everybody on Makeb who had just lost their home. Finally in Shadow of Revan we see that the Jedi order or Satele at least has no confidence in her at all, Ziost just shows what a bumbling warmonger she is. Then we have KOTFE... Not to mention the fact she was the governor of Taris that was another failure under her watch.

Saresh deserves some recognition though, she is the Galaxy's most politcally successful bungling incompetent.

She signed her own death warrant on Ziost as far as I'm concerned. Yes, let's ignore ALL the intel coming from the planet and send thousands of snacks to Vitiate. Brilliant, Saresh. Truly, you are the leader the Alliance needs.

My only gripe with her death scene - honestly after Ziost I'm not sure even my goody two shoes JC will be able to spare her - is that I couldn't Force Choke her as the Wrath or shiv her as Cipher Nine. :mad:

Edited by gaelicvixen

Saresh is great. As someone who appreciates political dramas, I find her to be one of the more interesting characters in the game. She gave the Republic some well needed dimension by betraying it's values for her own self interests. Because galactic conflicts go beyond whatever battlefield the Outlander is on, it would have been nice had Saresh and Acina gotten more screen time.

Not sure what she would have done with an Alliance that's made up with some Imperials though.

So glad we finally get to deal with her. The look on her face when she tries to take your Alliance and you show up alive, priceless.

Or after she tried to bluff her way out of getting killed. I never clicked on a dark side option so fast.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for that moment ever since meeting her on Taris waaaaay back in Act 1. I may or may not have gleefully cackled while screeching to a guildmate about the chapter plot and "THAT MOTHERF***ING SCHUTTA" over whispers.

Best. Chapter. Ever. This was almost better than finally getting back together with Theron. :D

(Almost. >.>)

Then there was the Makeb incident. That just showed Saresh's one track mind at defeating the Empire no matter what. She didn't seem to care at all about everybody on Makeb who had just lost their home. Finally in Shadow of Revan we see that the Jedi order or Satele at least has no confidence in her at all, Ziost just shows what a bumbling warmonger she is. Then we have KOTFE... Not to mention the fact she was the governor of Taris that was another failure under her watch.

I think it's a little unfair on the Makeb front. Republic side Makeb is my favorite side of Makeb and I'm not a fan of Saresh, but why should she care about those people?

They didn't want to be part of the Republic until they felt their lives were on the line, ignoring the Republic the whole time, only for the Rep to find out they knowingly lied.

It may be harsh, but the Republic owed them nothing and it for sure isn't a charity, even before Saresh took the lead.

My SI killed a lot more than she usually would in that chapter. To kill Saresh was probably the quickest decision I have ever made in this game and in the short time between my decision and killing Saresh I almost felt sorry for her when she knew she was going to die.....almost

I think it's a little unfair on the Makeb front. Republic side Makeb is my favorite side of Makeb and I'm not a fan of Saresh, but why should she care about those people?

I can understand her being annoyed that the Republic was used somewhat, but that's as much her own incompetence as it was Makeb's leaders being sneaky. It was woefully apparent why Makeb came to the Republic in the first place. But Saresh clearly went into this expecting a big payoff, which just highlights how blinkered she is.

They didn't want to be part of the Republic until they felt their lives were on the line, ignoring the Republic the whole time, only for the Rep to find out they knowingly lied.

That is true, they had always maintained neutrality and they didn't want to be part of a galactic power, But their stance was hardly without precedence, and was no animosity there, not like Alderaan who left the Republic and the Republic was bending over backwards to return them to the fold, the alderaanians happily made use of the Republic to fight its proxy wars for them. Or Balmorra who were actively were quite hostile and unappreciative of the help the Republic tried to give them but accepted it and used it anyway...

It may be harsh, but the Republic owed them nothing and it for sure isn't a charity, even before Saresh took the lead.

Difference is... before Saresh took power the Republic was about the people, not shows of strength.

I can understand her being annoyed that the Republic was used somewhat, but that's as much her own incompetence as it was Makeb's leaders being sneaky. It was woefully apparent why Makeb came to the Republic in the first place. But Saresh clearly went into this expecting a big payoff, which just highlights how blinkered she is.

That is true, they had always maintained neutrality and they didn't want to be part of a galactic power, But their stance was hardly without precedence, and was no animosity there, not like Alderaan who left the Republic and the Republic was bending over backwards to return them to the fold, the alderaanians happily made use of the Republic to fight its proxy wars for them. Or Balmorra who were actively were quite hostile and unappreciative of the help the Republic tried to give them but accepted it and used it anyway...

Difference is... before Saresh took power the Republic was about the people, not shows of strength.

In Balmorra's defense, the Republic abandoned them first, as part of the treaty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saresh reminds me a little of Macbeth. She lost her conscience to political ambition which led to a thirst for power. Her total unwillingness to listen to Theron at Ziost showed she could be reckless. Then, finding out from Lana and Bey'wan Aygo about her during KOTFE made it clear that Saresh was becoming a threat. I wasn't surprised when she turned out to be behind the attempted coup/power grab in KOTET. My sniper chose to imprison her alive rather than kill her, but she did smack that arrogant little wretch right in her ugly ****. Rest assured she'll get no such mercy from my juggernaut, or even my scoundrel.

(EDIT: Why does SWTOR bleep out wuss -w +p? It's slang for FACE, for crying out loud)

It's true that she owed nothing to Makeb and that Shalim Lavesta was using the Republic, but Saresh showed an utter lack of compassion for desperate humanoid refugees. I just can't help but shake a feeling that if she had her way, she'd have left them to die.

Whether she is sentenced to a long stretch in prison or simply slaughtered in front of the Alliance, Leontyne Saresh gets her comeuppance in KOTET. I was feeling very Macduff-like when Theron, Lana and I surrounded her at the end of that chapter.

She manages to wring out one last, if very small, iota of respect when she admits that killing her is what she would do herself in your place.

Edited by HollyUSEC

• 1 month later...
I played KOTET with my light-sided JK, but I couldn't resist hitting the dark side option and punching Saresh. Lol :p

Yeah, I did that with my neutral BH. It was so satisfying. I was thinking of doing that with my Trooper, but having her actually confess her crimes in front of the very people she was hoping to lead, screams karma all the way. :D

Edited by Venn_Dras

All this talk of her makes me wonder how she would have led the Alliance. Part of me thinks she might have alienated the Imperial troops since she does mention how evil they are and that they are not to be trusted, think that is how she describe them and possibly led the Alliance to ruin with her decision making ways.

Saresh reminds me a little of Macbeth. She lost her conscience to political ambition which led to a thirst for power. Her total unwillingness to listen to Theron at Ziost showed she could be reckless.

It goes all the way back to your first encounter with her on Taris; Zoist is pretty much par of course for her.

When dealing with her, I'm reminded of two different things. First: The ends justify the means; however unlike many people who take this approach...she's unwilling to accept the consequences of her actions. Second: Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Ha ha ha! Was after finishing Ch 2 KOTET last night. I never clicked to kill her so fast compared to my Jedi Knight Guardian's other kills, had some serious beef against her. From the moment I first met her, something irked me that I couldn't trust her. Granted, my JK was never big into the politics, she was always at home and alive serving on the frontlines.

Makeb and Ziost were her two biggest messes, kriffed all ignored vital SIS Intel about the seriousness of Ziost and made things more difficult for my Knight. Now, as standard, it's unprofessional to be rude to the Supreme Chancellor, so I had to grind my teeth and pretend to be nice and pleasant. Who wouldn't in the face of the highest ranking politician? There's a game to be played.

However, when she hired mercenaries to assassinate the Outlander and Empress Acina, that was the final straw for my JK. To hell with it, Saresh was going to die, especially when she tried to usurp the power void in the Alliance. My Jedi Knight has killed and executed at lot of Imps, Sith and even some Jedi. Hell, she killed Senya and is hellbent on killing Arcaan and Vaylin. What's one more kill?

Walking into the Hangar was so satisfying and seeing her face of shock. Punching her was so satisfying and then executing her in cold blood. My Jedi Knight enjoyed every moment of that. Shame the kill was quick. Saresh deserved a Force Choke and her trachea crushed. Yeah, with my Jedi Knight being a Dark Side Tier 1, her morals were already questionable at best. Lmao

Edited by MMPRPink