Can you get rid of your Light Side points?

Screaming_Ziva

^This. It just means your Jedi Consular wasn't totally insane on every choice they were given.

Talk about insane, I played a Consular through making only Dark Side choices. It was a completely schizophrenic, sometimes baffling, nonsensical and often unsettling experience; which I do recommend trying, btw.

Edited by Aghasett

Talk about insane, I played a Consular through making only Dark Side choices. It was a completely schizophrenic, sometimes baffling, nonsensical and often unsettling experience; which I do recommend trying, btw.

I had thought of it doing that on a run through, where I got dark AFTER the first chapter. Honestly, I just don't feel DS makes sense in that first chapter.

10,000 was the old cap. It went up to 100,000, then back down - must be bugged?

Before 7.0, they were hard caps, and if one was at its cap, adding more points would take away points from the other instead.

In 7.0, they are both hard-capped somewhere above the 10K "effective" cap, so they both accumulate above that level, but your effective rank is still based on the difference, with (Colour) V being "10K or more difference in favour of (Colour)" instead of "(Colour) at cap and (opposite) at zero".

What's not clear at the moment is whether there is an actual hard cap. EDIT: nor how high the hard cap is, if there is one.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

The part that was hard for me was dealing with Nolan North's voice acting. Perfectly fine for light side, but completely wrong demeaner for the dark side choices. It seemed so out of place.

The part that was hard for me was dealing with Nolan North's voice acting. Perfectly fine for light side, but completely wrong demeaner for the dark side choices. It seemed so out of place.

imo DS consulars make more sense with the female consular, the VA's bored monotone makes the DS choices sound a lot more creepy.

It's definitely the strangest class to do DS. Act 1 in particular makes no sense at all DS.

In 6.0 I did a DS Shadow run that would begin LS and gradually go dark: every time I had to heal one of the masters, I 'lost' a skill, taking it off the quickbar, initially the class buff, then force speed, then the insta-heal, and so on. In the Act 1 finale, choosing the LS option, I lost the ability to stealth. In act 2, the char began making DS choices, and each time they moved up a DS rank, they regained a lost skill.

It was a very cool way to do the storyline imo. But it makes less sense after the skill pruning and the class buff becoming a passive.

Edited by Ardrossan

imo DS consulars make more sense with the female consular, the VA's bored monotone makes the DS choices sound a lot more creepy.

It's definitely the strangest class to do DS. Act 1 in particular makes no sense at all DS.

In 6.0 I did a DS Shadow run that would begin LS and gradually go dark: every time I had to heal one of the masters, I 'lost' a skill, taking it off the quickbar, initially the class buff, then force speed, then the insta-heal, and so on. In the Act 1 finale, choosing the LS option, I lost the ability to stealth. In act 2, the char began making DS choices, and each time they moved up a DS rank, they regained a lost skill.

It was a very cool way to do the storyline imo. But it makes less sense after the skill pruning and the class buff becoming a passive.

My main is female LS Consular. So, I was going to try male as the DS version...sad to hear his VA is terrible. However, agreed, makes no sense during chapter 1 imo, but a slide to dark side after that seems it could be possible.