A Deep Dive into How Level Sync 7.0 Works

DWho

In 6.0 and previous versions of level sync, the ability caps were hard caps. You could put on one piece of gear and hit the cap if you were close enough. In 7.0, level sync is a percent reduction in the overall stat. Putting on each piece of gear adds a little to the stat in synced content. The better your unsynced stat, the better your synced stat will be. Taking a deeper look into level sync, I found some rather surprising things. The degree of stat reduction is extremely high with a level 55 planet like Makeb coming in at an average reduction of 89% for Mastery, Endurance, Power, and Critical (Accuracy and Alacrity are now uncapped). A low level planet like Taris comes in at 98% reduction.

Also Armor rating is capped (89/94/98 percent reduction for Makeb/Voss/Taris). It also appears that none of the datacrons are counting again (based on several stats for which there are datacron bonuses going to 0 when gear is removed). Some stats below expressed as from 309 iRating (Unsyced/Makeb/Voss/Taris) for a Combat Sentinel lvl 80.

Mastery (12677/1689/984/263)

Endurance (16195/1511/990/360)

Power (6775/602/309/82)

Critical (1662/184[/98/26)

Alacrity(1705/1705/1705/1705)

Accuracy(930/930/930/930)

Presence(4069/3394/3252/3155)

Armor(7691/3500/2599/1076)

Damage-Primary(4298/500/281/56) - This is a derived value from Power, Mastery,and Class

After analyzing some more of the collected data from characters wearing 306 gear. The old gear penalty seems to be a straight up 50% reduction in damage. None of the other gear stats seem to be affected.

Edit: Corrected Errors

Edited by DWho

The surprising finding is that weapon damage is now entirely based on your bonus damage (which is capped by Mastery and Power caps) the variable damage from the weapon is now gone, base damage is 0.

You might want to recheck this, because I don't think this is actually the case. From what I remember, this is a visual bug caused by weapons in outfitter. If you take a character that's never stamped a weapon to a synced planet, they'll still have weapon damage, it only disappears once you stamp a weapon into outfitter. I reported this on the PTS iteration for weapons in outfitter and again after it went live, I'm guessing they just haven't addressed it.

You might want to recheck this, because I don't think this is actually the case. From what I remember, this is a visual bug caused by weapons in outfitter. If you take a character that's never stamped a weapon to a synced planet, they'll still have weapon damage, it only disappears once you stamp a weapon into outfitter. I reported this on the PTS iteration for weapons in outfitter and again after it went live, I'm guessing they just haven't addressed it.

Thanks, I will double check it. I'll probably have to start a new character to check. I'm a heavy user of outfitter. I did check it on half a dozen characters but since they were all high level, they probably have weapons stamped. I can try unstamping one and see if that changes it as well.

Edit: Unstamping it and then unequipping and reequiping the saber restored the damage range. Restamping it did keep the range, but unequiping it and then re-equiping it did go back to the 0 damage state. Now that I know how to change that display, I'll do some parsing and see if its a display bug or something else.

Edited by DWho

Thanks, I will double check it. I'll probably have to start a new character to check. I'm a heavy user of outfitter. I did check it on half a dozen characters but since they were all high level, they probably have weapons stamped. I can try unstamping one and see if that changes it as well.

Edit: Unstamping it and then unequipping and reequiping the saber restored the damage range. Restamping it did keep the range, but unequiping it and then re-equiping it did go back to the 0 damage state. Now that I know how to change that display, I'll do some parsing and see if its a display bug or something else.

One additional thing I found out about this bug is that as long as you stay in the same instance the bug does not reappear but as soon as you change instances (whether on a planet or changing "planets") it is back

Why, just get the gear from the story.

Because I had to pick one gear set to list the values for instead of listing the values for all six I tested and I also wanted to evaluate whether the "old gear" penalty was based on iRating or gear piece ratings (It's gear piece ratings since 309 and 306 suffer the same penalty).

The percent reduction is exactly the same for 306, 309, 318, 320, 326,and 329 ratings. Every single point you have in your gear directly impacts your abilities now under the new level sync. 329 gear is better than 326 gear which is better than 320 gear which is better than 318 gear which is better than 309 gear which is better than 306 gear in all synced content.