Is there a work around this Shroud bug

EllieAnne

I don’t know that one. Where do you pick up that quest?

It's the last mission on the imp version of the shroud. Last time I did it we've had to stuck it, but we got the dps to hit the buttons, and the tank just kept taunting the droids away. The shroud missions has been bugged since the start. The need to fix it so that it doesn't need the puzzle, like they did with the H4 on section x, at least then, people who can't get a group, could solo it, or if a group is doing it, it won't bug out there.

EDIT: There were more posts in the thread than I saw, d'oh...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Just some friendly advice, it will help you if you play the game, that way you will have a better idea of what we talk about here ;)

Really, because we have one poster in this thread that didn't know the quest, but obviously plays. I've only done this chain once, and couldn't have told you the name of the droids if I'd had to.

2/10 :rak_04:

Really, because we have one poster in this thread that didn't know the quest, but obviously plays. I've only done this chain once, and couldn't have told you the name of the droids if I'd had to.

2/10 :rak_04:

been here 9 years, I've only done it once, on imp side, haven't bothered with the rep side yet...lol. Can the rep side be solo'd, or is there a puzzle there too?

Thanks, everyone. I'll pass that info along. Can you also provide the names of the droid NPCs?

Dear Jackie,

just FYI: This particular bug has been reported many times during the years.

Do you guys not have a bug-tracking list which you could check when someone is reporting a bug? I imagine a system like

Bug: xyz

Reported: Oct 12 2014

Reported by: xyz

Bug description: xyz

Status: dev a: checked the report and bug confirmed on apr 27 2017; no action taken. follow-up: apr 27 2020. / com man j: jan 20 2021: what's the status, a? bug got reported many times during the last 7 years. some players are still wondering. / dev b: mar 11 2021, hey j, a isn't working for us anymore, left for anthem in 2018. follow-up: mar 11 2023.

No? Well anyway, would be nice to get this fixed eventually.

Regards,

JG

Found people willing to make it a foursome and finished and got the reward.

Really?! That's the reward?

Now I see why people only run this once. Is there even an achievement for it?

Just nearly choked on my drink reading this.. I reacted the exact same way when I finally finished it...lol

It was like...what the hell, is that it...(except it wasn't as pg-13 friendly)...lol

There are achievements for doing it; one for Imperial and another for Republic side. Same with the Seeker Droid missions.

Are there ones when you actually finish? I don't remember anything popping when I finally did it?

Edited by DarkTergon

There are achievements for doing it; one for Imperial and another for Republic side. Same with the Seeker Droid missions.

Are there ones when you actually finish? I don't remember anything popping when I finally did it?

Under Locations -> General category, there are sub-categories for Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid. Each has Republic and Imperial achievements. That's 4 * 25 = 100 points.

The whole macrobinocular quest chain is really fun, but the fact that the last quests of it are H4s for which I never managed to find a group has been a real letdown for years to me. This frustration was only rekindled when the Shroud reappeared in KOTFE/KOTET.

I wish they'd make the end of this quest chain soloable and bug-free. It's hopeless I assume.

• 1 year later...

Can we ge

t someone to actually look into this, just tried doing the turrets with and the droids to get to the lower level 15 times and every time the droids would run into the ray shielding and bug the quest out so we would have to start over, finally gave up in frustration. THIS IS GAME BREAKING PLEASE FIX IT. This has been broken for WAY TOO LONG.

• 1 month later...

I recently finished this on one character, my other characters still have it on their mission log.

My main problem was the quest that preceded it. Every single time I tried to jump from car to car I would fall to my death. Finally did it with someone who did the jumping and then I could just take the speeders.

There is a little added bonus too in the star fortresses for having done microbinocular quest. (a title) - which can only be done in the fortresses if you've completed the microbinocular quest.

Also did Alchemy of Evil with a different character. Now I have to dig up the armor pieces. (have long since maxed out the reps for GSI, so, its just a matter of getting the achievement.)

I concur with other posters. I would like to see 2 things happen with these quests:

1. Update the rewards for the lead-up quests. The stuff you get is WAY below current level.

2. As the other poster suggested, make it a Hero2 instead of a Hero4, and change mechanics so you can solo it.

Finding someone to do it with is not easy. Especially when the system bugs out during the quest (during alchemy of evil I was playing it with another person and we were left with an alive boss with no more canisters to jump on) - instead of seeing that this was a mechanical bug, the other person started name-calling. So I said, the hell with this, and left.

• 2 weeks later...