I'm NOT the ONLY Target!

denavin

It seems that the New Improvements to game play Chris has talked about is nothing more than making EVERY NPC in the game ONLY Target the Player.

Last night my companion managed to aggro a second group of NPC's but rather then attacking my TANK companion 21 NPC mobs instead totally ignored my tank to come and KILL me and ONLY ME. I had my tank companion attack and taunt them but they TOTALLY IGNORED ALL TAUNTS and are only in interested in KILLING the player.

21 you say.... yes. The first group of 6 all had adds drop in, that made 12, the second group of 1 gold star had 2 adds, they had more drop in which included another Gold star as well as 4 more, that makes 21. On top of that they were ALL Advanced NPC's No Standare or Weak NPC's were in the group so NONE of my CC's worked on any of them.

Did I survive... NO.

Was it FUN.... NO!

Does this happen with every encounter.... YES!

Is it Challenging.... NO!

Is it Annoying .... YES!

Since when did the Player become the ONLY TARGET in the GAME.

Some of the other So Called Improvements to Play include:

Nearly every NPC in groups has been changed from a mix of Advanced, Standard and Weak mobs to mostly ALL Advanced NPC's thus rendering Player Crowd Control Skills USELESS.

Nearly every NPC has Spray Mode of fire, and they can move and change targets while maintaining fire.

Nearly every NPC can now start attacking you 3 to 5 seconds (as they drop in), before you can even target them, they will usually take 1/4 to 1/3 of your life before you can return fire

Nearly every NPC can now fire at you and hit you from well over 30 meters, but when you try to return fire they are "Out of Range"

Nearly every NPC encounter is spread out over a 30 to 60 meter area making Melee combat a running event with the need to run to 10 to 15 different NPC's every time during combat all while they ONLY attack the player.

Nearly every NPC does Chain Stun, Chain Hold and Chain Knock Backs. Being Stunned, Knock Backed or Held constantly while the NPC's only want to kill the player Is NOT FUN.

Nearly every NPC totally ignores your tank and is only interested in Killing the player. NEWS FLASH---- Being Dead all the time is NOT FUN.

Nearly Every NPC has had the number of NPC and their adds DOUBLED that includes Boss Mobs.

Nearly Every NPC has had their damage increased, their resists increased, and the amount of damage they can do to you increased. When they hit you they take HUGE chunks of your life, while your attacks only tickle them. Even with top of the line gear and years of game play experience.

Nealy Every NPC can now fire through Solid Walls, Doors, Rocks you name it they can damage you through it.... But you can't.

Chris and Dev's.... Please try to remember that We Play these Games to have FUN. Not to increase our STRESS level. Not everybody likes beating their heads against the wall trying to complete a mission because the game CHEATS. Most games cheat but recently what you have done to the way the game plays in not FUN.

On of the biggest complaints is the NUMBER of mobs you need to kill to get from point A to point B. You have effectively Doubled that number with these changes making the GRIND even worse.

Please, SWToR is supposed to be Fun, NOT a Grind.

Haven't noticed any of this myself, were you doing class stuff, heroics, kotfe, etc? Which companion did you have as tank (some, despite them supposedly been equal, can't tank, or hold aggro)

Any and All parts of the game... Been using the same companions for years. I Always use a Tank Companion and Never a Healer. But now I have to use a healer more because the NPC's ignore my tank and only want to kill ME.

Where I got mobbed with 21 mobs was KOTET last night but I have also been mobbed on Illum,Nar Shadaa, Correllia any of the old Class missions.

As far as doing x2 Heroics those are the worst to try to solo now. I don't even bother with them anymore.

Hmm, I haven't run into this issue. I recently started trying my hand at playing healer specs and learning my rotations by putting my comp on tank and doing the heals myself. I have an operative and a smuggler healer. I will say that a lvl 50 Vector seems to tank better than the lvl 50 Bowdaar. Not claiming Vector's universally better at tanking, but for me he has been pretty effective.

Tank companions have always been bad sadly. I can't comment on whether things are worse now because I don't use them in tank stance for that reason, but they've lacked guard as far as I can recall and have always struggled to hold aggro.

Unless companion tank stance gets reworked so that they have better or more frequent taunts, or they're given guard...it is best to either set them to heal or DPS.

Tank stance companions are basically DPS companions that do worse DPS than their DPS stance.

It seems that the New Improvements to game play Chris has talked about is nothing more than making EVERY NPC in the game ONLY Target the Player.

Last night my companion managed to aggro a second group of NPC's but rather then attacking my TANK companion 21 NPC mobs instead totally ignored my tank to come and KILL me and ONLY ME. I had my tank companion attack and taunt them but they TOTALLY IGNORED ALL TAUNTS and are only in interested in KILLING the player.

21 you say.... yes. The first group of 6 all had adds drop in, that made 12, the second group of 1 gold star had 2 adds, they had more drop in which included another Gold star as well as 4 more, that makes 21. On top of that they were ALL Advanced NPC's No Standare or Weak NPC's were in the group so NONE of my CC's worked on any of them.

Did I survive... NO.

Was it FUN.... NO!

Is it Annoying .... YES!

Nearly every NPC in groups has been changed from a mix of Advanced, Standard and Weak mobs to mostly ALL Advanced NPC's thus rendering Player Crowd Control Skills USELESS.

Nearly every NPC has Spray Mode of fire, and they can move and change targets while maintaining fire.

Nearly every NPC can now start attacking you 3 to 5 seconds (as they drop in), before you can even target them, they will usually take 1/4 to 1/3 of your life before you can return fire

Nearly every NPC can now fire at you and hit you from well over 30 meters, but when you try to return fire they are "Out of Range"

Nearly every NPC encounter is spread out over a 30 to 60 meter area making Melee combat a running event with the need to run to 10 to 15 different NPC's every time during combat all while they ONLY attack the player.

Nearly every NPC does Chain Stun, Chain Hold and Chain Knock Backs. Being Stunned, Knock Backed or Held constantly while the NPC's only want to kill the player Is NOT FUN.

Nearly every NPC totally ignores your tank and is only interested in Killing the player. NEWS FLASH---- Being Dead all the time is NOT FUN.

Nearly Every NPC has had the number of NPC and their adds DOUBLED that includes Boss Mobs.

Nearly Every NPC has had their damage increased, their resists increased, and the amount of damage they can do to you increased. When they hit you they take HUGE chunks of your life, while your attacks only tickle them. Even with top of the line gear and years of game play experience.

Nealy Every NPC can now fire through Solid Walls, Doors, Rocks you name it they can damage you through it.... But you can't.

Chris and Dev's.... Please try to remember that We Play these Games to have FUN. Not to increase our STRESS level. Not everybody likes beating their heads against the wall trying to complete a mission because the game CHEATS. Most games cheat but recently what you have done to the way the game plays in not FUN.

On of the biggest complaints is the NUMBER of mobs you need to kill to get from point A to point B. You have effectively Doubled that number with these changes making the GRIND even worse.

What lvl was your companion?

I ask because I know the lower they are, the worse they seem to perform.

Also, which companion was it?

What lvl was your companion?

I ask because I know the lower they are, the worse they seem to perform.

Also, which companion was it?

Pick one I have companions that are low and companions that are Maxed they all do it. Though the character I have recently created are under 20. But this is a recent change. I have been playing for over 6 years I have 22 level 75 characters that are maxed. During the last few months I have been starting New characters. About a month ago I started to notice that my companion was no longer able to hold aggro. Since I never use a Healer and Only a Tank companion I am very familiar with how they tank and control NPC's.

I was doing a replay of KOTFE on Kalayo's mission ( cant recall the name right now). In the mission where you are "Cold Rigging Ion Grenades" to Power cores. I knocked an NPC off of the catwalk. It fell 2 levels down and aggro 2 NPC's below. My Tank Companion went to intercept them. The NPC's picked up 6 others on there way, they ALL bypassed my Tank and all 8 came up 2 levels just to KILL me. My companion was fighting them the whole way up but they just ignored the tank and KILLED ME.

So MUCH FUN!!! NOT

So Kalayo was influence 1 since I JUST met her. My I-Rating is 286 (so its not gear) I'm level 75 and this is character #26 or the most recent made.

The other one I mentioned in my OP was on my level 75 Sentinel I-Rating 284 Companion influence 48, and they sill ignore my tank.

There are many more I could relate here but every place I go no matter my level, I-rating or Companion influence it makes not difference. I am the ONLY target.

Now since most people use a Healer Companion they will most likely not notice this, but since I don't like to use a healer. I would rather have the extra dps and challenge I use and have always only used a Tank companion. I do notice that NPC will NOW only Target ME. That they completely ignore all other Companions.

Ok here's one more. Was doing KOTET Chapter 4 my first trip to IIokath. When you first meet up with your crew after being Stunned by Aries. You have to fight a group of NPC's where you meet up with Theron and Vett. there are approximately 20 to 30 mobs that come through the 3 doors. I had Torian, Koth, Theran and Vett with me. EVERY SINGLE of the 20 to 30 NPC's from all 3 doors attacked ME and ONLY ME. They Completely and Totally Ignored Every Other Companion or NPC in the room.

When your doing x2 Heroics or even Daily's. Look at the Groups of NPC's. You will see there are no longer Standard to Weak NPC's with MOST of the Groups. There are MORE Advance NPC's than anything else. The difference is that Player CC's don't work on Advanced NPC's, and many of the Advanced NPC's will cast Stuns, Holds, and Knock Backs that are NOT interruptible.

I'm not 100% on this but I feel like some taunts only work on a set number of mobs. And how did you or your comp pull 12 to 20+ adds? Are you healer trying to have your comp do dps/tanking? Are you not wearing the taskmaster set that significantly boosts your comp's activation times? I've said a few times on the forum that I feel the taskmaster set offsets many of the nerfs companions got with 6.0. You might want to invest in it if you haven't already.

How I do it is I have 2 taskmaster sets, one full presence and the other armor pen. The full presence set is for my healy toons and my scoundrels/ops while the armor pen is for when I play my juggs/guardians. It means I lose my biggest potential for damage and healing but it also means my companions are able to better keep up with me when solo-ing content.

Also, I do notice that if I jump in first vs sending my tanky comps in before I start that I can sometimes take and keep threat.

Edited by JYthelifesaver

And how did you or your comp pull 12 to 20+ adds?

He bounced the enemy off the edge and was unfortunate to have him land beside a mob, and as his companion went to face that mob, they grabbed a few others. It can happen, you can do it on purpose in one of the KFY missions, to aggro the whole room and LoS them. I just did that Kaliyo mission the other day, and had no issues, she's not the best tank, but not the worst either. It was never they way the OP experienced though, so not sure what's happening there /shrug

I had the oposite problem, my comp kept picking up aggro, while I was using him as an HP bag to try to solo mm fps,and taunting(tank spec) to get aggro off him when he was low, only for him to taunt and get aggro back on him.

From my experience, comps only pay attention to enemies that attack you in the first place...Or if you order them to attack a certain enemy.

So if you have this kind of issue, I suggest you hotkey the taunt of your companion, and use it if you find yourself being attacked by everything.

Did I survive... NO.

Was it FUN.... NO!

Is it Annoying .... YES!

Well aggroing 21 mobs is just bad luck and the fact that you didn't survive that can be ascribed to that.

Also the tank companions don't have super taunts. Their mass taunt also has limited range and it lasts only 6 seconds anyway. Meaning it won't taunt everyone and you still get at least half of them on you probably.

Then the question is this: what role do you play? DPS or heal? I ask this because if you are a healer you will cause aggro on every enemy with heals (also as a dps but less of it of course since you only have off-heals). As DPS you will outdo the taunt in no-time anyway if you're a decent DPS and use AOE damage.

It just sounds like you accidentally over-aggroed and that's what killed you. Personally I prefer not using tank companions at all because as a DPS I prefer a healer or DPS companion (depends on the survivability of the class) and as a healer I prefer a DPS companion because otherwise the DPS output is crappy. But if you over-aggro, even if it's not your fault, there's a point where it will kill you regardless. If you could do it in the past with 21 mobs on you and survive I would find that more problematic than this.

That experience with your companion aggroing mobs, yikes!

I have noticed recently that my companions set to tank aren't holding aggro well. I was leveling up a Sorc DPS, about level 42, starting on Belsavis, with Khem at Influence 30 or 32. I'd send in tank stance Khem first, give him a second to get aggro, and then I'd bubble my Sorc -- boom, Sorc at 28m drew off aggro by bubbling, not even starting to DPS yet. That happened repeatedly. Similar experience with the Akk Dog companion on one of my Shadow DPSers. That started on Coruscant, with the Akk Dog companion at Influence level 22, and set to tank stance. After sending in the Akk Dog, as soon as my Shadow moved in the mobs ignored the Akk Dog and came after my Shadow. And, the Akk Dog ignored all the mobs except the one I set it on. I finally switched the Akk Dog to healer stance, since the mobs were going after my character not my tank companion.

I had the oposite problem, my comp kept picking up aggro

I noticed something similar as well. I'm doing the Onderon Rooftop Rumble daily on 4 imp classes. And since the last patch, either my char or the companion is on the brink of dying. This has never happened before. Even without a silver opponent. What baffled me the most was that I played on my tank, guarded my DPS companion, used the usual taunts and threat-raising attacks, but all firepower went to my companion. I was like: "Guys, why are you ignoring me? I'm the one who will end your life." But nope, they attacked the companion. Had to hit up the heroic moment in order to prevent her from dying. Weird. And I don't even want to think about that she was actually guarded. :confused:

I don't know what that is about. Hopefully just an odd glitch.

On republic side, my companion died in a 1 v 1 (silver mob). Level 50 Lana DPS. I was lazy, so I stood passively and watched. Couldn't believe that she died to a random silver. :o:eek:

The issue with companions aggroing mobs far away has plagued my game for quite some time. It's irritating, to say it friendly.

Edited by JattaGin

Well aggroing 21 mobs is just bad luck and the fact that you didn't survive that can be ascribed to that.

Also the tank companions don't have super taunts. Their mass taunt also has limited range and it lasts only 6 seconds anyway. Meaning it won't taunt everyone and you still get at least half of them on you probably.

Then the question is this: what role do you play? DPS or heal? I ask this because if you are a healer you will cause aggro on every enemy with heals (also as a dps but less of it of course since you only have off-heals). As DPS you will outdo the taunt in no-time anyway if you're a decent DPS and use AOE damage.

It just sounds like you accidentally over-aggroed and that's what killed you. Personally I prefer not using tank companions at all because as a DPS I prefer a healer or DPS companion (depends on the survivability of the class) and as a healer I prefer a DPS companion because otherwise the DPS output is crappy. But if you over-aggro, even if it's not your fault, there's a point where it will kill you regardless. If you could do it in the past with 21 mobs on you and survive I would find that more problematic than this.

What you don't seem to under stand is that I only aggroed 2 groups that were originally composed of a group of 6 NPC's and a one Gold star with 2 adds, a total of 9 NPC's not 20 (sorry miss calculated not 21 but still).... All the other NPC' and the additional Gold Star, dropped in after the groups were aggroed. So I got the original group of 6 that became 12 and the one Gold star that Became 2 and his 2 adds became 4. Plus they were all Advance NPC's and immune to knock back and stun. So I could not use CC's meaning that I could NOT Stun, Hold or Knock back ANY OF THEM.

When was the last time you can remember every NPC in a group being Immune to ALL Crowd Controls. 21 NPC's totally Immune to all CC's

I also used to be able to handle 20 NPC's before using ONLY my tank companion, because that is the way I always play. Prior to about a month ago I could have had my companion pull them ALL, all of them and HOLD aggro (so long as I did not over DPS and pull them off) and I could then kill them. ALL OF THEM but now I can not. Because 18 of them ran past my Tank to come an kill me then the other 2 came to join. All 20 NPC's completely ignored my Tank and Came out of their way to KILL ONLY me.

I mean its Ilum, I'm on a level 75 character with very good gear and they wiped me away like I was nothing. Never before has that happened EVER!

Edited by denavin

What you don't seem to under stand is that I only aggroed 2 groups that were originally composed of a group of 6 NPC's and a one Gold star with 2 adds, a total of 9 NPC's not 21.... All the other 10 NPC' and the additional Gold Star, dropped in after the groups were aggroed. So I got the original group of 6 that became 12 and the one Gold star that Became 3 and his 2 adds became 6. Plus they were all Advance NPC's and immune to knock back and stun. So I could not use CC's meaning that I could NOT Stun, Hold or Knock back ANY OF THEM.

When was the last time you can remember every NPC in a group being Immune to ALL Crowd Controls. 21 NPC's totally Immune to all CC's

I also used to be able to handle 21 NPC's before using ONLY my tank companion, because that is the way I always play. Prior to about a month ago I could have had my companion pull them ALL, all 21 of them and HOLD aggro (so long as I did not over DPS and pull them off) and I could then kill them. ALL 21 OF THEM but now I can not. Because 18 of them ran past my Tank to come an kill me then the other 2 came to join. All 21 NPC's completely ignored my Tank and Came out of their way to KILL ONLY me.

Don't set your companion to tank? Maybe that would fix it? I've not run across a situation like this.

Don't set your companion to tank? Maybe that would fix it? I've not run across a situation like this.

For 6 Years I have ALWAYS used a Tank companion.... I NEVER use a Healer EVER! Why should I have to NOW!

They say "Play Your Way"

Well my way is with a tank companion but now I have to use a Healer because BW has screwed up something and NPC's now ignore Tanks

Edited by denavin

The change came with update 6.0. Like you, denavin, I almost exclusively use my companion in tank mode. When 6.0 released I immediately noticed that my companions were not as able to hold agro as they were prior to the update. Whilst I have never experienced the exact situation that you described, I have experienced situations of being knocked into other groups, it actually is not new to mob AI that they will prioritize your character, but the changes to tank mode for comps has made it more noticeable.

Some things that help when you have your companion in tank mode. First is to turn off their pull ability (it is generally their fifth ability, seventh on their ability bar). Comps are terrible at determining the right time to use their pull. By turning that off you get to control when it gets used. I often play characters with high AOE output so I like being able to use my comp, both as a tank in general but also making judicious use of their pull, to group up mobs for AOE. Their pull ability is itself a conal AOE, but only pulls up to three mobs, and generates a high amount of threat. In the situation you described I would have used my comp's pull and followed it by hitting my threat dump ability, which combined with the threat gen from the pull should have focused most of the attention on my comp. Unfortunately, with Kaliyo being so low level the outcome would likely have been the same.

Second, since 6.0 it is much more important to allow your comp to build some threat. The easiest way to do this is to just have your comp attack first. Quite often I will send in my comp first and follow that with their pull ability to bunch up mobs for my AOE attacks. Give your comp a second to get agro before you attack. If you attack first it will be harder for your comp to pick up agro, especially if you have their pull ability turned off as that is their highest threat generating ability.

This is not specific to tank mode and benefits comps in any mode. Get used to giving your comp directions. My companion ability bar is hotkeyed to Ctrl+1-4. I have mine set to:

• Ctrl+1 to order them to attack
  • Ctrl+2 toggles passive
  • Ctrl+3 is their forth ability, sixth on their bar. In heal mode this is often the channeled heal, which I generally turn off to increase the amount of DPS when in heal mode. In tank mode this is generally an AOE attack that generates moderate threat, and in DPS mode an AOE attack. Being able to control then my comp uses their channeled heal or an AOE attack can be beneficial.
  • Ctrl+4 is their fifth ability, seventh on their bar. This is often their pull ability when in tank mode, and their CC ability when in heal or DPS mode. I want to be able to control when my tank pulls, or when my healing or DPS'ing comp CC's, not them, so this ability is always set to manual control.

I rarely have any need to manually activate their first, second, or third abilities (third, fourth, and fifth on their bar).

Perhaps this is all known to you. Perhaps there are a few tips here that will help you. Maybe this will benefit a new player reading this.

As far as your other points, they have not been my general experience. I have experienced some oddities when running FE/ET chapters with mob AI or spawns that often disappear after a phase reset. There are some things about FE/ET, I have noticed, where things get screwy and I think that has something to do with how mobs spawn in those chapters. Outside of those particular instances, after adjusting to the changes in comp behavior and utility in 6.0 I am completing heroics, and even soloing vet FP's, as easily as I was prior to 6.0. Maybe I have been lucky and just have not encountered the things you say, but I certainly do not limit myself in the content that I run. And the companion I use is not a factor, either. I only have a rank 50 comp on a few characters, most only have one rank 20-30, (I have everything to make more, just been lazy), and I use a variety of comps. None of my characters use Shae or Z0-0M as their main comp, and none of them have those comps at rank 50.

Heading off on a little tangent here. Some companions are certainly better than others. Shae is the highest parcing for DPS. Z0 is the best healer. Those that use two weapons, ranged or melee, tend to be better than those that use a single weapon with ranged edging out melee slightly. And some are just broken. HK-51 and Treek both have been under performing for years. 4X, Lokin, and T7 all have (or had, maybe they have been fixed) problems when in tank mode. I would love it if comps got a QoL pass. Fix the ones that are broken. Normalize some of the outliers. I do not mind if one comp is better at something than another, but I do not want it to be a foregone conclusion that they are the best, such as with Shae.

In some ways I would like it if a comp's original stance were a factor in determining what they were best at. For example, Qyzen and Felix would be better at tanking than Nadia and Zenith, while Nadia and Zenith would be better at DPS'ing than Qyzen and Felix, but they all could be used in either role effectively, and Tharan would be the better healer, but could also be used effectively as a tank or DPS. They could just put a note in the comps bio to detail the comps preferred role. The post FE comps could either be generalized, equally competent in any role, or one could be picked for them by BW to be their preferred stance. I would also love it if their original abilities were brought back. I know there is an AOE attack when in DPS mode but it is not the same as Nadia's original slam ability.

What you don't seem to under stand is that I only aggroed 2 groups that were originally composed of a group of 6 NPC's and a one Gold star with 2 adds, a total of 9 NPC's not 20 (sorry miss calculated not 21 but still).... All the other NPC' and the additional Gold Star, dropped in after the groups were aggroed. So I got the original group of 6 that became 12 and the one Gold star that Became 2 and his 2 adds became 4. Plus they were all Advance NPC's and immune to knock back and stun. So I could not use CC's meaning that I could NOT Stun, Hold or Knock back ANY OF THEM.
You aggroed two groups and you aggroed the wrong ones apparently. So next time you won't do that perhaps? It's called a learning experience. Some groups you can multi-aggro, these you can't. Next time just avoid it.

To be honest, I'm not sure I believe you because that has never happened to me to this day. Of course your companion has aoe abilities as well and might disturb your attempts at cc'ing them.

I also used to be able to handle 20 NPC's before using ONLY my tank companion, because that is the way I always play. Prior to about a month ago I could have had my companion pull them ALL, all of them and HOLD aggro (so long as I did not over DPS and pull them off) and I could then kill them. ALL OF THEM but now I can not. Because 18 of them ran past my Tank to come an kill me then the other 2 came to join. All 20 NPC's completely ignored my Tank and Came out of their way to KILL ONLY me.
Well as I said there are other reasons why this could've happened and I do believe there is prioritization with regards to player characters but that has been the case for a while, maybe since the start of the game. And well things change in MMOs, so you can never get too comfortable doing the same thing.

I mean its Ilum, I'm on a level 75 character with very good gear and they wiped me away like I was nothing. Never before has that happened EVER!
Well, and now it has. Again, it might be part of how this encounter is set up, but take your learning from it.

Besides good gear works against you. You still haven't answered whether you were a healer or DPS but good gear means higher aggro and it could be that the mobs that are triggered start with a higher aggro on you rather than your companion. If your companion doesn't do anything specific yet to get aggro on them then the aggro is on you first anyway. This much is true.

There is much about threat or aggro that people don't understand and the argument that it used to work doesn't mean it still does and it doesn't meant that you previously did this particular encounter and succeeded at it. In 5.0 companions were at their height of power and got away with too much in my view. They toned companions down in 6.0 and that means that there "suddenly" may be encounters where what you did before doesn't work anymore.

From my point of view it's not a time to rage but to learn from the experience and adapt. *shrugs*

For 6 Years I have ALWAYS used a Tank companion.... I NEVER use a Healer EVER! Why should I have to NOW!

They say "Play Your Way"

Well my way is with a tank companion but now I have to use a Healer because BW has screwed up something and NPC's now ignore Tanks

most of the time I put mine on tank too, I've never needed a healer, unless I've aggro'd too many groups, but that's usually just bad luck, or I bit of more than I could chew...lol.

As a side note I use shae quite a lot, she's a pretty good tank.

Edited by DarkTergon

Wait...I are confuzzled. Are we talking about Anarchy in Paradise, Chapter X of Fallen Empire (Kaliyo's chapter), or Ilum? First you said it happened during Kaliyo's chapter but later said it happened on Ilum. I have noticed oddities with spawns and agro in FE/ET chapters, but those oddities are not consistent and can generally be resolved with a phase reset or a game restart. Anecdotal story time, this one time the group of mobs spawned twice. I died, rezzed in the instance, died again when they spawned twice again. Left, reset the phase, and thereafter everything worked like normal. If you are talking about Ilum, specifically the heroic on Ilum, then, other than all mobs being immune to CC (they are not), what you describe is entirely normal and has been that way for years (at least as far back as 2012, which is when I first went to Ilum).

The mob groups in the H2's on Ilum can be a bit of a challenge. You will see a set of mobs, perhaps one gold and two silvers, but there will be one behind some object, one in stealth, one or two that are pathing (and their paths can take them quite far from their group), so they come running. So what started out as three mobs becomes five or six. And those mobs do hit hard, but I just did this heroic, and the optional, on a level 66 shadow with a level 10 Hexid in tank mode and did not experience any of what you describe.

Now, one thing that is absolutely, most definitely broken are stealth out abilities. Almost without fail when I hit my stealth out ability mobs will either keep attacking my comp even though we are both stealthed, mobs will continue to follow us even though we are stealthed, the moment I drop stealth the mobs that caused me to hit the stealth out ability will resume agro, and sometimes I can be on the other side of the map and will still be in combat (at this moment, after using stealth out and running away from some mobs they continued to attack my comp, had to put on passive, and I am sitting in a cantina, in a safe zone, and still in combat). Stealth out definitely needs a QoL pass.

Edited by ceryxp

They say "Play Your Way"

"Hello devs, please change this feature back the way it was, because my person is used to how it used to be"

Nice logic you have there.

Also, mobs dont ignore tank comps specificaly, it is the comp that ignores the mobs that havent dealt/tried to deal dmg to you...You will always have a bigger threat than your comp at start of the battle....

<snip> ...You will always have a bigger threat than your comp at start of the battle....

Now, granted I don't use my comps in tank stance but this has not been my experience. Typically I use my comps in heal stance and even if I put my comp on passive and I have zero reactive heals or HoTs/regens on me and I run through a group of mobs they will almost always go and attack my comp on passive. Of course, as soon as I start doing damage they switch to me but right at the start it seems my comp just has a target on their back. I've always thought it was a little weird, tbh.

Just gonna say that I've never pulled any extra mobs even with a tanky or healy comp. Just doesn't seem wise. I'll deal with one group at a time. While slower, it's actually faster if you can't handle multiple groups and end up dying and restarting/running back to mobs. The same principle applies to pushing mobs off edges. That's iffy. So sometimes it's just better to kill the mobs and not be lazy like that. I wouldn't get mad at devs over me being inconvenienced in that way.

Wait...I are confuzzled. Are we talking about Anarchy in Paradise, Chapter X of Fallen Empire (Kaliyo's chapter), or Ilum? First you said it happened during Kaliyo's chapter but later said it happened on Ilum. I have noticed oddities with spawns and agro in FE/ET chapters, but those oddities are not consistent and can generally be resolved with a phase reset or a game restart. Anecdotal story time, this one time the group of mobs spawned twice. I died, rezzed in the instance, died again when they spawned twice again. Left, reset the phase, and thereafter everything worked like normal. If you are talking about Ilum, specifically the heroic on Ilum, then, other than all mobs being immune to CC (they are not), what you describe is entirely normal and has been that way for years (at least as far back as 2012, which is when I first went to Ilum).

The mob groups in the H2's on Ilum can be a bit of a challenge. You will see a set of mobs, perhaps one gold and two silvers, but there will be one behind some object, one in stealth, one or two that are pathing (and their paths can take them quite far from their group), so they come running. So what started out as three mobs becomes five or six. And those mobs do hit hard, but I just did this heroic, and the optional, on a level 66 shadow with a level 10 Hexid in tank mode and did not experience any of what you describe.

Now, one thing that is absolutely, most definitely broken are stealth out abilities. Almost without fail when I hit my stealth out ability mobs will either keep attacking my comp even though we are both stealthed, mobs will continue to follow us even though we are stealthed, the moment I drop stealth the mobs that caused me to hit the stealth out ability will resume agro, and sometimes I can be on the other side of the map and will still be in combat (at this moment, after using stealth out and running away from some mobs they continued to attack my comp, had to put on passive, and I am sitting in a cantina, in a safe zone, and still in combat). Stealth out definitely needs a QoL pass.

Please read all the posts I am talking about MULTIPLE different situations. Please do not confuse One with the Other....