Best Cartel Market Item for Credits?

Mysticalbane

I'm almost at the point of saying—because as you noticed that inflation is so ridiculously rampant—that playing catch-up to get more credits by converting cartel market items to credits via the GTN is not really the best use of your cartel coins any more.

We're at a tipping point where, if you have plenty of cartel coins, save your cc to buy what you want directly on the cartel market, not the hyper-inflated GTN, rather than trading real, stable value (cc) for a currency in a downward spiral in terms of its purchasing power.

In other words, cartel coins are a stable currency, credits are not. Some items on the cartel market that were once 500c now have a higher base price, some things once bronze are now silver, but overall, there is far less inflation on the cartel market than on the GTN.

It's therefore potentially more prudent, these days, to consider balancing more carefully what you want to buy against the means to do so. There might be a really nice cartel market item you want, but it's a billion credits on the GTN. If you have the cc, skip the GTN and buy it directly.

Yes, that does mean having some patience waiting for a particular item to show up on a fire sale on the cartel market, but, and this is opinion here, I'm thinking that's more worthwhile than torching your cc just to build a huge pile of credits that is constantly depreciating in value.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Thank you both for the replies

xordevoreaux, I am embarrassed to admit I did not even think about this, but it is a very solid point - thank you for sharing.

For Legacy unlocks I do not have, do you know if it's better to spend credits or CC's on those?

I spent 5 million when I came back just to unlock a couple of storage bays on one character for example

Thanks again!

Thank you both for the replies

xordevoreaux, I am embarrassed to admit I did not even think about this, but it is a very solid point - thank you for sharing.

For Legacy unlocks I do not have, do you know if it's better to spend credits or CC's on those?

I spent 5 million when I came back just to unlock a couple of storage bays on one character for example

Thanks again!

Credits for legacy perks are fine. Use cartel coins for account-wide unlocks for inventory modules, etc.

It is cheaper in the long run, depending on how many toons you have, to purchase the account-wide unlocks rather than on a per-toon basis.

Far as strongholds go, when you buy a stronghold with cartel coins, if you decide later to move a toon (and hence copy your legacy to) to another server, any strongholds you buy can then be re-purchased for zero. Strongholds purchased with credits must be re-purchased on the new server at full price. Individual rooms can be purchased with credits, no problem.

The exception to the rule are the fleet Galactic Seasons strongholds. Those do not transfer over using any method.

The Umbara stronghold, while still purchasable for zero if you bought it originally with cartel coins, still requires 3.1 million in credits to buy the token necessary to get into the room to repurchase the train.

Edited by xordevoreaux

If you're just after credits, I'd go for the fractured ashala ( or however it's spelled) lightsaber. You can list it on the GTN all day for a billion, or direct sale on fleet for around 1.4billion.

Yes, but it costs way more in CC than the server slot. The character server slot is 600 CC and sells for 300-600 million. And I think you’ll find 2-3 of those is still cheaper in CC’s than one of those light Sabres. So the conversion is better with the server slots.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yes, but it costs way more in CC than the server slot. The character server slot is 600 CC and sells for 300-600 million. And I think you’ll find 2-3 of those is still cheaper in CC’s than one of those light Sabres. So the conversion is better with the server slots.

Depends on the server. They may sell for that, but if the market is flooded with them, it may not be worth getting.

Depends on the server. They may sell for that, but if the market is flooded with them, it may not be worth getting.

Still the value is just too high, even if it takes longer to sell it is absolutely worth it.

0.5b/600cc=833

1.4b/4800cc=291

The value of the character slot is almost triple, meaning the sword even when sold could be a huge waste of CC because imagine the characters slots you could have sold slowly with the same amount of CC.

That would be 4 billion compared to just 1.4 billion