Age-Old Question: Female Body-Type 4: Fat or not?

EAFSAMWISE

I get that this is rather subjective and has been discussed before, but why exactly does female body-type 4 get derided as "fat" a lot of the time? Maybe it's my perception bc I'm somewhat overweight in real-life, but female body-type 4 doesn't strike me as "fat" per se. Male body-type 4 is a different story of course but that's a separate issue.

Take a look at that teeny tiny waist BT4 fem has.

She's not fat by any reasonable measure. Having ***** and a butt does not equal fat, she just has ***** and a butt. There are plenty of healthy athletic body types beside 'thin with no curves below the waist'.

BT4 male is fat, and pretending BT4 female is the equivalent? Just a really sad, and very common, thing you see in video games.

Although even BT4 male isn't conventially fat, more like a power-lifter type body instead of a couch potato type body.

Take a look at that teeny tiny waist BT4 fem has.

She's not fat by any reasonable measure. Having ***** and a butt does not equal fat, she just has ***** and a butt. There are plenty of healthy athletic body types beside 'thin with no curves below the waist'.

This definitely. I've seen plenty of stronger women with those kinds of bodies. It really depends on genetics with weight distribution as well as sometimes which muscles people work out more. If anything I'd say female type 3 is the least realistic in my opinion. There are definitely women out there who have bodies like that but it's rare.

As for male type 4, I could see a case being made that it isn't "fat" per se since plenty of strong men have the same thing where their body is just "built" like that from genetics and/or what muscles they work out more or less that affect their appearance. There was no shortage of "bulky" football players like that at my high school when I was growing up.

If anyone thinks that female body type four is fat, then obviously they've never been to a gym, a real gym. That is what happens when work is put into the lower body. The only difference is, in this game, it's not quite as defined.

I'll leave you with this, this was made nearly ten years ago:

Edited by Pirana

"I"M NOT FAT - I'M BIG BONED" - Cartman

I have to say - this game is the first I've encountered where you can choose.......how should I say....

"larger girthed" or "larger mass - not necessarily fat" Body types whereas the species is bigger than most by default.

It's made me cringe rather hard when people have these discussions.

Edited by kage_goomba

Body Type 4 has some fat on the body. Yes. What I find weird, is how people some how feel that saying the body type is fat is bad or not pretty or what have you.

What BT4 isn't, is obese. Got a little weight on it. No problem there. Sometimes it might be BT4 and in the right outfit, look like BT2.

What I'm still trying to figure out, is it shorter than BT2? BT1 seems like it might be a little taller than BT2, can't tell.

• 2 weeks later...
Body Type 4 has some fat on the body. Yes. What I find weird, is how people some how feel that saying the body type is fat is bad or not pretty or what have you.

What BT4 isn't, is obese. Got a little weight on it. No problem there. Sometimes it might be BT4 and in the right outfit, look like BT2.

What I'm still trying to figure out, is it shorter than BT2? BT1 seems like it might be a little taller than BT2, can't tell.

I'd probably just say that BT4 females in-game have more "meat on their bones," probably just "built" that way. I think they're meant to be slightly "chunky" but only slightly. It's hard though bc the style of body modeling/design for this game seems realistic on the surface but in reality the body proportions are slightly cartoonish and not fully realistic. BT1 for both genders strikes me as almost cartoonishly thin, BT2 seems "average" for both genders but still slightly scrawny, BT3 for both is like above-average body-builders and figure-competitors, BT4 for males is "bulky" and BT4 for females is "curvy" but neither are supposed to be "bulky" in an unhealthy way.

BT2 kinda strikes me as the "cinematic thin" body-type since that's the publicly-accepted "average" body on-screen but doesn't necessarily resemble the average person's weight. If anything, The male side needs its own equivalent of "realistic average" or "slightly chunky" that female BT4 has and the female side needs its own equivalent of super bulky/wide which realistically also applies to a large number of women.

I'd probably just say that BT4 females in-game have more "meat on their bones," probably just "built" that way. I think they're meant to be slightly "chunky" but only slightly. It's hard though bc the style of body modeling/design for this game seems realistic on the surface but in reality the body proportions are slightly cartoonish and not fully realistic. BT1 for both genders strikes me as almost cartoonishly thin, BT2 seems "average" for both genders but still slightly scrawny, BT3 for both is like above-average body-builders and figure-competitors, BT4 for males is "bulky" and BT4 for females is "curvy" but neither are supposed to be "bulky" in an unhealthy way.

BT2 kinda strikes me as the "cinematic thin" body-type since that's the publicly-accepted "average" body on-screen but doesn't necessarily resemble the average person's weight. If anything, The male side needs its own equivalent of "realistic average" or "slightly chunky" that female BT4 has and the female side needs its own equivalent of super bulky/wide which realistically also applies to a large number of women.

The problem I see with the "lets go really chunky" is I don't feel such a build would be that common in the SWTOR storyline, of a very active person. Even if they relied on force abilities.

I never felt BT1 looked cartoonish on female, but on the male, sure does. BT3 looks like extreme body builder editions.