Is there ever going to be a response from Bioware?

DarthCasus

As to why blocked people can spam emotes and bypass being ignored? Like, this is fundamental to the entire idea of blocking someone and after all of these years, not a peep on why it works the way that it does? Is it a bug? Are we to be subjected to the repeated trolling and endless flood of spam from the same individuals until they peter themselves out? The spam reports don't seem to do anything despite it coming from a few people in rapid succession and who knows how many more as this specific individual keeps doing it right where people spawn in to fleet.

Jackie, could you please pass this on to the dev team? I know this is a random thing, but I'd happily accept a response or acknowledgement on this. Hell, pass it to Charles Boyd, I'd take a lore reason like the troll being a part of my mind due to touching a Dread Master relic or something. If Boyd takes it, I'd like some flair to it though.

Thanks! :D

• Dev Post
As to why blocked people can spam emotes and bypass being ignored? Like, this is fundamental to the entire idea of blocking someone and after all of these years, not a peep on why it works the way that it does? Is it a bug? Are we to be subjected to the repeated trolling and endless flood of spam from the same individuals until they peter themselves out? The spam reports don't seem to do anything despite it coming from a few people in rapid succession and who knows how many more as this specific individual keeps doing it right where people spawn in to fleet.

Jackie, could you please pass this on to the dev team? I know this is a random thing, but I'd happily accept a response or acknowledgement on this. Hell, pass it to Charles Boyd, I'd take a lore reason like the troll being a part of my mind due to touching a Dread Master relic or something. If Boyd takes it, I'd like some flair to it though.

Hi DarthCasus,

I've passed this along to the team. Should they need additional details or info about your experience, I'll reach back out via PM. Thanks!

Have you tried moving away from the person in question? Or better yet switching instances? Cause what you are inferring is that using the games emotes are disruptive. You want Bioware to police every account meticulously just because you had to deal with a lowly troll? You are not forced to stand in ONE spot on the fleet at any given point. If you can't figure out how to handle trolls then you should give up online gaming cause it isn't going anywhere. All you can really do is just laugh at them and move on.

Have you tried moving away from the person in question? Or better yet switching instances? Cause what you are inferring is that using the games emotes are disruptive. You want Bioware to police every account meticulously just because you had to deal with a lowly troll? You are not forced to stand in ONE spot on the fleet at any given point. If you can't figure out how to handle trolls then you should give up online gaming cause it isn't going anywhere. All you can really do is just laugh at them and move on.

You do have to be in that spot, if you're RPing on the spot and using the spot is significant either to the scene, to the convenience of everyone else involved in the RP, or for the simple reason that it isn't the sort of behavior that Bioware wants people to show towards fellow players.

Usually if you legacy-ignore someone, you won't see anything from them anymore, ever.

Usually if you legacy-ignore someone, you won't see anything from them anymore, ever.

That doesn't work for standard emotes like /nod or /shrug and all the rest of them, they will always show no matter the ignore status on a person. Atleast that's been the case as far as i have seen and numerous other people have reported.

Not 100% true. If you have somebody on LI, and a 3rd party invites you to an OP, if the {somebody} is in the group you will see whatever they are saying. (and probably why you put them on ignore in the first place).

Although now that I think about it, I've seen it go both ways with a person I have on LI, after I was invited to a group they were already in.

You do have to be in that spot, if you're RPing on the spot and using the spot is significant either to the scene, to the convenience of everyone else involved in the RP, or for the simple reason that it isn't the sort of behavior that Bioware wants people to show towards fellow players.

So then I'd say the best option is to bring back RP servers and adopt a zero tolerance policy for trolls on those servers. Or just get rid of Emotes then. Cause honestly the trolls are amusing sometimes. The game would be boring without some form of degeneracy. Cause even if they get reported for spam. They might not use emotes. They might just plant their character butt naked right in the middle of the RP scene and they would be doing nothing wrong but still trolling by ruining the scene. So you cannot stop humanities tendency to be douches. Just got to cope.