Light-side Inquisitor Motive Explanation

EAFSAMWISE

So the idea for my light-sided inquisitor playthrough (female) is that I'm planning to have it so she starts out greyish but leaning dark and gradually leans light but never fully. My goal is to have her character change/develop over time and not make the same kinds of decisions uniformly across the game. The idea is that she's a slave who's passionate about justice and wishes to influence/change the system in which she's trying to advance but is also hot-headed and will steam-roll over others if that's what it takes to achieve her goals. Ultimate she'll do vengeful or dark things sometimes for light-sided reasons, which is why I plan to have her kill Overseer Harkun towards the end. However, I am having difficulty deciding what to do in the initial interrogation where I talk to this one student to gain information. Is it ideal to shock him at least initially but just not overdo it so I get him to open up? I want my character to have an "edge" in her decision patterns that could push her further light later on but I don't want her at least initially to be a "goody two-shoes" type.

Please share your thoughts.