Is Senya a romancable?

dxlolman

Only time I see a romancing moment between Senya and Outlander is in the lady of sorrows. Was this spouse to be a build up to a romantic relationship at some point or did I miss it by romancing lana or waiting for class companion romances to come back?

• 5 years later...
No. Why would she be? She's a late 40s/early 50s divorcee with kids older than the outlander. You expecting Arcaan & Vaylin to call you dad? lol no.

I am a 55 year old divorcee, with kids, and I started dating a lady that is 48, and has kids. It is not out of the question. Her kids do not call me dad and neither would I expect them to...

I am a 55 year old divorcee, with kids, and I started dating a lady that is 48, and has kids. It is not out of the question. Her kids do not call me dad and neither would I expect them to...

Not including the time you spend in carbonite, canonically the protagonist is roughly in his or her mid 20s by the time of KOTFE, including the 5 years they’re going be around the same age as Lana and Theron. That’s still a MASSIVE age difference to Senya and especially Satele Shan. I guess you can make your character look pretty old, but then what? Assuming your character was a force user, was your character a 40 year old Padawan or Sith Acolyte? Getting called “young one” by Darth Baras as the Sith Warrior? Yeah okay.

I mean, technically anything is possible with the force.

There is a tale of a force user who could use the force to keep themselves eternally youthful, living for centuries before their final "death."

So what would chronological age have to do with anything?

Valkorion was over a thousand, Yoda lived to be 900+, though look as good, he did not.

All throughout the history of Star Wars, eternal physical youth is a trivial accomplishment for basic science, to say nothing of the force.

It's just not plastered all over the canon because it would trivialize just about everything, and us mortals would find it difficult (by and large, not all of us) to relate to humanoids who simply "stretch out with their feelings..." and never age.

So Senya's physical age is irrelevant.

The only thing that forbids a romance is her own statement of: "I really...would rather not."

Well that's fine. Not like we don't have plenty of other romanceable options.

Not including the time you spend in carbonite, canonically the protagonist is roughly in his or her mid 20s by the time of KOTFE, including the 5 years they’re going be around the same age as Lana and Theron. That’s still a MASSIVE age difference to Senya and especially Satele Shan. I guess you can make your character look pretty old, but then what? Assuming your character was a force user, was your character a 40 year old Padawan or Sith Acolyte? Getting called “young one” by Darth Baras as the Sith Warrior? Yeah okay.

You're totally right. Regardless of the age effects one can put in. Story wise, all the characters are late teens to mid 20's. There is not 50 year old Padawans and such except in people's heads. :p

You're totally right. Regardless of the age effects one can put in. Story wise, all the characters are late teens to mid 20's. There is not 50 year old Padawans and such except in people's heads. :p

Not arguing with you on this part, but (and I know this is a shocker) not everyone is a force user. You could be a smuggler who's older, and become the outlander. There's no story reason that would suggest that the smuggler couldn't be older (or BH for that matter).

Not arguing with you on this part, but (and I know this is a shocker) not everyone is a force user. You could be a smuggler who's older, and become the outlander. There's no story reason that would suggest that the smuggler couldn't be older (or BH for that matter).

The story suggests it. Just the fact that everywhere you go, you're the country bumpkin sort of suggests it. Hunter is new to the hunter business. Smuggler says they've been smuggling awhile, but go into every planet not knowing anything.

Though, I do feel the Hunter and Smuggler are the oldest of the classes, they're not even in their 30s. I believe Braden even calls Hunter kid.

I always thought it was weird that we see one flirt option and then never again. If you think about it your housing her lovers spirit so is it really that weird if it was a romance option? Not really

Well, if she turned people down, people would just be "This is BS, it's my story, why is she turning me down?" :p

I disagree - I think the stories have always treated your age a bit ambiguously. The characters that do call you 'kid' or 'young one' are usually pretty old i.e. even a 70 year old is a 'kid' to a 90 year old. I also seem to recall they dropped a lot of the age options from the character customization around the time they stuck us in carbonite....right from launch I've always made characters that look old. If a master said "you are much stronger in the force than I was at your age"....well if I'm 15 or 50 is irrelevant, they just happen to be older than me.

In any case, I really wished Senya was romanceable. She's quite a woman.

I'm not against Senya as a romance, still don't think the character is old at all, and again, back to the character knows nothing of the universe.

And skipping to 70 still assumes you went through your origin's story, they just picked everything for you.

I still wish they'd go back and put in an option where I can have keep Senya and kill Arcann, and kill Arcann without some evil speech to go along with it.