No rested xp earned while logged out.

Loyabe

I have noticed none of my chars are earning rested xp when I log out, they earn a couple xp every few seconds when logged in and in a rested zone but nothing when logged out. I have chars on the fleet in cantinas and on their spaceships, but none is earning rested xp if I am not online.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed none of my chars are earning rested xp when I log out, they earn a couple xp every few seconds when logged in and in a rested zone but nothing when logged out. I have chars on the fleet in cantinas and on their spaceships, but none is earning rested xp if I am not online.

I second this, tried fleet, cantina, ship, guildship, it does not work.

I've been losing my mind over this for the past few days! It's happening to my entire account, even characters on another server that I haven't touched in years. For those of you experiencing this issue, did you have a billing date after the 7.0.2 patch?

I've been losing my mind over this for the past few days! It's happening to my entire account, even characters on another server that I haven't touched in years. For those of you experiencing this issue, did you have a billing date after the 7.0.2 patch?

My sub is set to auto renew next week.

Thanks for posting the thread on this - it was driving me a little crazy too.

It's almost certainly an issue with the patch that came out this week

Weirdly I just happened to be watching rested xp closely on an alt. I'd run out of rested XP on an alt and left it sitting in my stronghold waiting for it to recharge. The char definitely was gaining rested XP last weekend but seems to have not gotten any while just sitting there all weeklong.

I ended up taking screenshots to test it and rested XP goes up steadily while in a rested area as long as you're logged in but not at all while you are logged out. I went up more sitting afk logged in on fleet this morning than I had overnight

Hi folks,

Thanks for your report regarding the rested XP bug.

Our team is looking into it. I'll add it to the known issues list:

• The rested XP does not increase when a character is logged out in a rest zone.

Lol and double xp is soon. Way to mess it up for double xp events.

Yall Messed up ops

Yall messed up players skills

Yall messed up the "expansion"

Yall messed up the anniversary

Yall messed up gearing

Yall messed up alot of other things.....

Like really guys there's things that have been working since 1.0 better than now. The games in a worse state than it has been the last 10.5 years

Do you have any quality control? Do you even understand how this engine is coded. Like I'm sitting here thinking 🤔 it would probably be good to find more workers who know how this game is made.

I don't know if this is related, but I ran across this today. The three screenshots in this album were taken moments apart all on the same character. The stronghold directory in the supplies section of Carrick Station tells me I don't have access to strongholds because I'm not a subscriber. The others don't.

I don't know if this is related, but I ran across this today. The three screenshots in this album were taken moments apart all on the same character. The stronghold directory in the supplies section of Carrick Station tells me I don't have access to strongholds because I'm not a subscriber. The others don't.

That's completely unrelated to the rested XP thing. And you should be able to buy the SH by buying the token from the vendor who's right near that terminal.

Yall Messed up ops

Yall messed up gearing

Like really guys there's things that have been working since 1.0 better than now. The games in a worse state than it has been the last 10.5 years

Do you have any quality control? Do you even understand how this engine is coded. Like I'm sitting here thinking 🤔 it would probably be good to find more workers who know how this game is made.

If you remember, rested XP isn't "burned / used" during double XP events.

You can earn it, if everything was working, but it stays, unused, until the event is over.

How do you mess up something that was implemented in the original game?

They may have removed renown and it somehow affected rested experience. Does it make sense? No, but coding is so patch worked and there are so few notes you have no idea why some lines of code even exist.

Edited by illgot

Hi folks,

Thanks for your report regarding the rested XP bug.

Our team is looking into it. I'll add it to the known issues list:

• The rested XP does not increase when a character is logged out in a rest zone.

While it's good to know that your team is looking into it, the bad news is that the fix will be about 4-8 weeks away at least! :( Any chance that maybe BioWare can consider extending the double xp event unitl this bug fixed? :eek: Yeah, I know that won't happen, but I figured I may as well ask anyway! :D

At least now I know why the rested xp on all of my characters isn't increasing while they are logged out.

They may have removed renown and it somehow affected rested experience. Does it make sense? No, but coding is so patch worked and there are so few notes you have no idea why some lines of code even exist.

Maybe it was a dumb idea to get rid of renown in the first place

Yall Messed up ops

Yall messed up gearing

Add level boost for the Pirate Incursion event, ya that's broken too. Not boosting. I just checked and the planetary level reduction code still works.

While it's good to know that your team is looking into it, the bad news is that the fix will be about 4-8 weeks away at least! :( Any chance that maybe BioWare can consider extending the double xp event unitl this bug fixed? :eek: Yeah, I know that won't happen, but I figured I may as well ask anyway! :D

At least now I know why the rested xp on all of my characters isn't increasing while they are logged out.

Yeah. Honestly, I'm starting to get suspicious. First they destroyed basic progression so that many classes won't have a full single target attack rotation until level 68 and all classes can go 10-14 levels without any new abilities. Then they disabled rest xp gain "by accident" almost a week before the double xp event, and haven't fixed it in the time since. I'm really not a conspiracy theorist by nature. But at some point, any bonus gain we've gotten from the event will be outstripped by the xp gain we're not getting from rested xp in the long term, and that seems intentional, given that they had literally no reason to screw with that part of the code. How much do you think the sales of level 70 boosts have gone up since 7.0 dropped? Why let a double xp event get in the way of that?

They're deliberately making problems in their own game to sell us solutions.

Can anyone experiment and check whether this is an actual bug with the xp or just a visual bug? When I used my newest Trooper to do the missions for last week's season weekly, there certainly was no rested xp shown beyond the already gained xp bar, but on the other hand, the bar remained green throughout the time I was playing.

Yeah. Honestly, I'm starting to get suspicious. First they destroyed basic progression so that many classes won't have a full single target attack rotation until level 68 and all classes can go 10-14 levels without any new abilities. Then they disabled rest xp gain "by accident" almost a week before the double xp event, and haven't fixed it in the time since. I'm really not a conspiracy theorist by nature. But at some point, any bonus gain we've gotten from the event will be outstripped by the xp gain we're not getting from rested xp in the long term, and that seems intentional, given that they had literally no reason to screw with that part of the code. How much do you think the sales of level 70 boosts have gone up since 7.0 dropped? Why let a double xp event get in the way of that?

They're deliberately making problems in their own game to sell us solutions.

And as far as I know, the rested XP is a feature just for players who pay, so it is part of the subscription. And thinking of that, in my opinion they are not fulfilling the conctract agreement. I'm wondering if there will be any compensation.

And as far as I know, the rested XP is a feature just for players who pay, so it is part of the subscription. And thinking of that, in my opinion they are not fulfilling the conctract agreement. I'm wondering if there will be any compensation.

It's really quite frustrating: I got myself a subscription almost entirely on the back of the XP bonus. I got it to coincide with me taking some time off of work so I could grind some levels.

And now it's been weeks that this mechanic hasn't worked. I am shocked by the size of the known issue thread. I won't be purchasing any more subscription time while the game it in such a woeful state.

There's no discussion of compensation. We can't even suspend our subscriptions temporarily while we're not getting the bonus.

Edited by outside_factor