Ensign Temple - A Traitor Among the Chiss question

To set the stage for the question, I have a friend who has been getting back into SWTOR for the past few weeks now, and one of the things he really wanted was to get Raina Temple back as a companion. I told him that you do once you do the Traitor Among the Chiss flashpoint. He was happy to hear this, and looked forward to it. That was a few weeks ago.

Fast forward to last night, and we're talking, and he tells me he is still annoyed that she's not available. Cue my puzzlement. Now, he's unable to post in the forums, because apparently you have to be subbed to post on a forum (whole different pain point there), so he posted the following on answers.ea.com, and I figured I'd just copy-paste his query here as well, and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Note: he has abandoned the flashpoint more than once, and she never did appear for him when he restarted it. I have observed this via screen-share as well.

Him: I've just done the Traitor Among the Chiss story flashpoint on my Imperial Agent, roughly level 70 when started. The only reason I even bothered with this was because I wanted Ensign Temple back. Who was literally nowhere to be found. Not in cutscenes, not giving random dialogue information for the mission/area, not so much as a random hint of her existence. Which is pretty irritating when she's the only reason I did the flashpoint, and I've had multiple people tell me this is how you get her.

So, the question here is, is the issue as to why she does not appear for him is because he is a F2P player currently, and will have to subscribe in order for that content to become available? I have seen absolutely nothing suggesting this anywhere, and I spent easily an hour last night trying to find something just to see if that's the reason for the disparity, because I got her just fine on my Smuggler and Jedi Knight.

Please advise and I will pass it along to him. Thank you for the assistance.

Question: Did he do the Flashpoint as part of the Fractured Alliances story (after Knights of the Eternal Throne)? or did he use Groupfinder or some other means of running the flashpoint outside of the story progression?

You mention he's F2P, so if he doesn't have access to KotET or following expansions, there's a good chance that the story content related to that flashpoint isn't available to him.

Per what he informs me:

As far as I can tell, I have done this as part of the story beats as I'm supposed to, but don't currently have any objective after doing the FP since it was the 'end' of the story mission. My character was created on day one of early access, and I have subscribed at least recently enough to have access to everything currently available in-game story wise, but am currently preferred.

I verified with him that it was all in-line with the story stuff as far as he was aware. AKA, he went into the room off the side, did the train, then did Copero.

• 8 months later...

I have this same issue. Skipped an operative class story when I hit 70 straight to Ossus (inflection point). No companion mission to return her and I'm already up to Legacy of the Sith story at 80. Can't recover from Odessen terminal. I just did the story Traitor of the Chiss story and still nothing in companion menu. Any clues?

28 minutes ago, Saeten said:

I have this same issue. Skipped an operative class story when I hit 70 straight to Ossus (inflection point). No companion mission to return her and I'm already up to Legacy of the Sith story at 80. Can't recover from Odessen terminal. I just did the story Traitor of the Chiss story and still nothing in companion menu.

Any clues?

Most likely an  'edge-case'  BUG , so if you haven't already  you might want to file a  ticket  in-game  (with as many specifics & details as you can remember)  and/or  link this  thread over into  the 'Known Issues' master list. (because i don't see it mentioned anywhere in there yet)