Voidstar and Hypergate: only maps that pop. Again.

_Miriya_

Agreed. I cannot overstate how much I loathe suckball.

the larger problem is eating a deserter debuff if you're exhausted by the 3rd (or fifth - how is that even possible?) VS in a row. penalizing players in a ridiculously casual game/format for leaving (without even a grace period before spawn) is really dumb.

as bad as HB is these days, it wouldn't phase me one bit if it was one and done, see ya in another 5 matches. but getting 3 HBs in a row is soul sucking. and while I could do AHG all day, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that forcing players (via deserter debuff) to sit through VS and AHG for 50%-60% of their game time is galling.

Edited by CheesyEZ

I wish there could just be a healthy mix. I nearly NEVER play Novare Coast. I'd say 80-90% of my matches are Voidstar and Hypergate. Some Huttball sprinkled in, and a dash of Alderaan.

Odessen pops 1/50. Novare coast 1/75 or more.

It's amazing how it continues to happen. There was ONE single night where there was a huge mix of matches, and I had lots of the same people in those matches and EVERYONE was super pumped and excited about the varied maps. Everyone was commenting on it. Was a good night.

I would rather play HB than 5 hypergates in a row. HB is not a death match, which seems to be the norm now. HB is a coordinated event for a team to win which has become a lost art.

I’d take 5 Hypergates over 1 Huttball these days cause HB maps are so terribly broken and you have that stupid extra slow debuff if you get the ball.

Which is sad because Huttball used to be my favourite type of pvp until the desync and bugs got really bad a few years ago and that’s not including the new slow debuff that makes it even more painful.

Playing HB well is indeed a lost art these days and Bioware haven’t helped because they encourage people to death match and penalise people who want to play properly with a dumb slow mechanic.

At least with hypergates the death matching is actually a designed mechanic of the map and heavily contributes to winning. Where as only death matching in HB or OPG is detrimental to winning and only deathmatching away from the nodes/doors in the other maps is also detrimental to winning.

Hypergates is the only map originally designed to give your team points for killing the other team. It’s even possible Bioware have noticed that players seem to prefer death matching these days and so they are popping Hypergates at a higher rate to accomodate that style of play.

I wish there could just be a healthy mix. I nearly NEVER play Novare Coast. I'd say 80-90% of my matches are Voidstar and Hypergate. Some Huttball sprinkled in, and a dash of Alderaan.

Odessen pops 1/50. Novare coast 1/75 or more.

It's amazing how it continues to happen. There was ONE single night where there was a huge mix of matches, and I had lots of the same people in those matches and EVERYONE was super pumped and excited about the varied maps. Everyone was commenting on it. Was a good night.

It’s sad that Nova hardly pops anymore. It’s one of the least broken maps in the game and is more user friendly to newer players.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It’s sad that Nova hardly pops anymore. It’s one of the least broken maps in the game and is more user friendly to newer players.

Agreed 100%. It's one of my favorite maps. I enjoy Alderaan/Yavin as well. I wouldn't mind Voidstar and Hypergate if I didn't have to play them 5-10 times in a row.

I personally love Huttball (except Quesh. That map can die in a fire) but mainly because I'm a Powertech and grappling people into fire is fun.