The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

This wasn't a group finder thing, but I was doing pub H2s on Taris and invited a few rando lowbies to group in the [HEROIC 2+] Mutations area so they wouldn't have to try to compete with me for irradiated rakghouls. Told them to follow me and kill what I killed, because I was paying attention to what died when and how long the respawn timers in each room would be. One of the two did follow me around, but the other one wandered off too far away to get credit for our kills and instead fought against mobs that were already locked to other players. I told him that it was pointless but kept trying to get him to follow me and stick together so we could get him his kills, long after I had already finished the H2.

Eventually, after the third group that he decided to ignore, I threw in the towel. No big deal, I wasn't angry or anything, but I wasn't going to spend half an hour nursing a person through a heroic if they were going to ignore me. I calmly wished him well, left group, and went off to do something else.

The other lowbie - who had clicked on the clicky at the end of the heroic without paying attention to what the first guy needed - then whispered me with an amazing and ridiculous jumble of nonsense, about how I was supposedly bullying new players, dropped a homophobic slur and repeatedly called me "kid", and said that he was so heavily drugged up he didn't know which way was up.

Edited by Euphrosyne

Me and two guildies started a group for MM FP's. One of us was a DPS who hadn't reached 306 but we know that's fine because between me and the other player we can make up the difference. So we queue'd for a tank and got assault on tython, the tank immediately initiated a kick vote on our sub-306 guildie. We said we ain't kicking a guildie. This guy said he didn't care we have to kick him because he's undergeared for MM. We said it's not happening and if he doesn't like it he can leave. He refused and was being pretty rude too. Vote kick duration ended. We kicked him. Queue'd for a replacement and finished the FP wthout any issues and the replacement tank was super friendly. Edited by NayaruLovegood

Me and two guildies started a group for MM FP's. One of us was a DPS who hadn't reached 306 but we know that's fine because between me and the other player we can make up the difference. So we queue'd for a tank and got assault on tython, the tank immediately initiated a kick vote on our sub-306 guildie. We said we ain't kicking a guildie. This guy said he didn't care we have to kick him because he's undergeared for MM. We said it's not happening and if he doesn't like it he can leave. He refused and was being pretty rude too. Vote kick duration ended. We kicked him. Queue'd for a replacement and finished the FP wthout any issues and the replacement tank was super friendly.

I've had similar experience: person requesting vote kick for someone who is not 306 before we even start the FP, and after the vote ends, we kicked the jerk instead. And yeah, he was being rude also.

I mean we farmed gear in MM FPs when 6.0 hit, and we started with gear rating 276 or something. The whole group was geared low and we had hardly any issues. We just had to be careful.

Literally happened few minutes ago, the tank blamed the healer's low gear when he died when the tank didn't step out of huge red circles on floor repeatadly. Sadly, the second dps voted yes...

That's how people are these days, maybe even days before. They ignore tons of mechanics and staying in stupid in fights because they just assume their healers can heal through it. Or others *demand" min 306 gear for a SM Op or flashpoint because they have so little confidence that the player base at least either knows their class or knows the fights. Sad really.

That's how people are these days, maybe even days before. They ignore tons of mechanics and staying in stupid in fights because they just assume their healers can heal through it. Or others *demand" min 306 gear for a SM Op or flashpoint because they have so little confidence that the player base at least either knows their class or knows the fights. Sad really.

I don't demand absurd requirements to complete easy content, but I do understand where some of this comes from.

I got Vet HS the other day with all 75s, all above 290 gear, and somehow the group managed to screw up the first big pull and get themselves all killed as someone pulled the big group and ran around multiple corners, another pulled the mobs you can walk past (after the big group was already pulled), and a third stood in the middle of the main hall attacking the first gold star before it even got around the first corner.

HS is bad enough with how often it pops, but getting it with total idiots is like some kind of special level of hell.

Edited by DawnAskham

someone pulled the big group and ran around multiple corners,

This is what annoys me every time I see it.

Why go back 4-5 corners back and spread the mobs even more(cuz you know - there's always someone, who doesn't got the patience).

One corner is more than enough.

Edited by bgstranger

Personally, I like pulling that first group to only the first corner. Some people pull back to the second corner, but that's really not necessary, sometimes spreads the mob out, rather than bunch it up, and often confuses "new to FP'ers".

Overall though, I find it just as good to just attack them where they are. They are close enough together for AoE to work just fine.

I've been in HS many times with LOS-happy tanks (or tankish dps) who want to LOS everything, which usually results in much confusion and disarray.

Remember people, you need to use a strat that not only works, but is also useful, and known, to most of the group. Unless it's really necessary - which is not usually the case - it's best to just use basic attack & kill, rather than try some strat that only a few people know or use.

Edited by JediQuaker

Ah, MM Rakata.

A DPS who AFKs, disconnects, comes back after 5 minutes, AFKs for another two minutes, and then drops group without ever coming into the instance.

A replacement DPS who derps straight into a pull on the wrong side of the map and claims that they let their gf play for a little while as they AFKed.

A tank who doesn't know why melee adds aren't LoSed and who insists on killing Arkous first...on MM...with two melee dps.

I can only imagine what the poor healer thought.

Hammer Station. We were 3 dds and a healer (scoundrel). The healer didn't even greet and her first statemnet was 'In random flashpoints there are always ******es. I wonder what kind of ******es you are'.

I found it rude, but hey, maybe they had a bad day. The healer didn't really heal, but constantly corrected everything the others did and were generally unpleasant. We finished the flashpoint and after that, my ignore list had one player more.

Later I was on with my scoundrel healer and of course Hammer Station plopped up. The others were dds (2 sentinels and one vanguard) and the two sentinels always jumped into fights half dead, even the boss fights. SInce they didn't even gave me time to recover energy, I had to somehow manage. I asked them a few times politely, if they could at least heal up before boss fights to not make the healing unnecessarily stressful, but they just ignored that.

Is it really too much to ask that people heal up between fights and give others (if they don't want to do it themselves) the opportunity to recover energy? That was the most stressful healing I ever did.

I had a most unpleasant Ilum MM run, with the tank telling us to stay mounted until we get to the second boss (Drinda-Zel & Velasu) but then said tank proceeded to pull a bunch of mobs because that tank missed jumps, and we wiped multiple times because of that, and telling us in the second attempt that we should just follow a certain path and pull six mobs total. We then kicked out the tank and then it went a lot better afterward, with the new tank.

Is it really too much to ask that people heal up between fights and give others (if they don't want to do it themselves) the opportunity to recover energy? That was the most stressful healing I ever did.

I always tell my teams to heal up between pulls when I run VM anything with 4 DPS, or otherwise without a healer.

Had a weird run in Ilum myself Was Vet, but I was playing tank, we had 2 DPS, and one healer, a scoundrel.

Things are going ok at first. Following the usual skips. Then we get to the two droid bosses in the ice cave. I pull them (I always do. I know they can be skipped, but I always mess up the skip, and it's a 2 minute inconvenience, anyway.) to which the healer proceeds to call me a "fooking idiot tank." The healer then just doesn't heal me.

It gets worse. Not only is the healer not healing me, but they keep running ahead and pulling. Every. Pack. Every one.

So, when they try to run back to me to take aggro, I just don't do anything. (Thankfully the other DPS obliged) The scoundrel died 2-3 times, we asked her to heal and to let me pull, she said nothing, continued to pull, and so we vote kicked her.

Finished the FP with a companion and no problems.

blood hunt mm satele shan imp

healer (merc) 275 item rating, tank (powertech) 270 item rating with no tank stats and at least a shield generator,

me and a friend 306 full set bonus dps (sniper (me) and mara)

1 st boss goes quite well... tank lost aggro a few times (not only the mechanical reset) but no one died and we go on.

2nd boss is where the fun starts... tank is lucky to lose aggro of jos to me just before he went up in the air for his fire thingy and i rolled it. he taunted off me and fight goes on.. jos does his fire thingy again and the tank didnt bother to go out. as expected he died. i tank jos a bit, tank gets rezzed.

at this point jos is already triggered and valk is there.

everything fine, adds spawn, adds get killed both of them come....

it takes quite a while until the tanks gets jos off me. tank has jos - jos does his fire thingy - tank dead.

mara had aggro from valk and i had jos... we finished the fight and me and my friend were already thinking torch is going to be fun.

at torch the tank jumped in. at ca. 65% he gets roasted by the flamethrower as he just facetanked it. torch on the mara everything ok. tank asks in chat "did you ever heal before?"gets rezzed, facetanks the next flamethrower, as outranging seems to be too lame aaaaaand dies again...

torch is now at 50% maras got aggro, he tanks it for a bit until he says "no def cds left in TS" i tell him to drop aggro and tank the rest of the fight. torch dead. everything fine.

but then i made a tiny little mistake to tell the tank: "maybe you should not flame the healer if you have literally 0 tank stats. if a sniper is easier to keep alive than you are, you should not blame the healer"

the response was: " i wasnt flaming, i was asking a general question... and you dont need tank stats for mm fps, only for hm/nim raids...falshpoints are not hard its the easiest PVE content... calm your ****"

i have a quick look into his legacy and see 13% fps 9% ops... it was the first time he did blood hunt master mode.

i reply with "ok, have you ever tanked before?"

T: "i tanked plenty"

me: "your legacy says otherwise"

T: "this is a new account" (new since 2018 according to some achievements)

me: "okay grand master you know more than me"

morale of the story.. the fp is so "easy" that even dps can tank it with an undergeared heal, IF they know what to do...

and tanks cant tank it, IF they have no clue about anything

you got to love the satele shan server <3

...snip...

morale of the story.. the fp is so "easy" that even dps can tank it with an undergeared heal, IF they know what to do...

and tanks cant tank it, IF they have no clue about anything

you got to love the satele shan server <3

Got to love the excuses people make when they don't realize their cheevos can be checked by anyone... :rolleyes:

But yeah, all other MM fps can be completed without a tank, except Umbara, Chiss and Nathema, afaik. Even rep side Meridian - because we accidentally once got that one when we q'd with a dwt. Don't know about the imp side though, boss fights are harder on that one. The key is having a group who knows what they're doing.

Had a weird run in Ilum myself Was Vet, but I was playing tank, we had 2 DPS, and one healer, a scoundrel.

Things are going ok at first. Following the usual skips. Then we get to the two droid bosses in the ice cave. I pull them (I always do. I know they can be skipped, but I always mess up the skip, and it's a 2 minute inconvenience, anyway.) to which the healer proceeds to call me a "fooking idiot tank." The healer then just doesn't heal me.

It gets worse. Not only is the healer not healing me, but they keep running ahead and pulling. Every. Pack. Every one.

So, when they try to run back to me to take aggro, I just don't do anything. (Thankfully the other DPS obliged) The scoundrel died 2-3 times, we asked her to heal and to let me pull, she said nothing, continued to pull, and so we vote kicked her.

Finished the FP with a companion and no problems.

Just as an fyi (and in no way supportive of the rude player) - the droid skip just requires hugging the wall to the left and pressing the forward key, no contortionist moves are required - and I along with most people skip it because Bioware in their infinite wisdom decided the droids shouldn't drop anything (glorified bullet sponge trash IMO).

However, the droids have increased stealth awareness and WILL spot a stealth player nearby - which is usually how they get pulled (even if I point this out beforehand, the assassin or shadow - usually not the operative or scoundrel - will not listen and try to stealth, acting dumbfounded when they are spotted).

Edited by DawnAskham

Just as an fyi (and in no way supportive of the rude player) - the droid skip just requires hugging the wall to the left and pressing the forward key, no contortionist moves are required - and I along with most people skip it because Bioware in their infinite wisdom decided the droids shouldn't drop anything (glorified bullet sponge trash IMO).

However, the droids have increased stealth awareness and WILL spot a stealth player nearby - which is usually how they get pulled (even if I point this out beforehand, the assassin or shadow - usually not the operative or scoundrel - will not listen and try to stealth, acting dumbfounded when they are spotted).

Yeah, as far as skips go, the Ilum one is very tame. No weird jumps or bizarre angles to take.

But that scoundrel was being a turd. It is a short fight.

Spent >3 hours on Vet Nathema. Can't beat Atrius no matter what (not even sure if this is normal for this FP. I've only got Nathema twice before. The first time I joined before the final boss fight and the group gave up after three tries, hinting multiple wipes and member quit before I joined. The second time I ran it from the beginning and the group went through it only with minor problems).

Long story short. Two members quit in good terms. It goes down to me, a sniper, my companion, and a new sniper. We wiped, but somehow a glitch happened the new sniper became immortal (no hp bar but can move and do damage) and we watched our new Immortal God, the only hope for the Sith Empire slooooowly kill Atrius from 90% to 0 HP. It took about 20 min.

I won't even call it bad, it became surreal after 2 hr of listening Zildrog yell USE MY POWAH SERVANT!

The group is definitely weird for willing to stick together for so long without anyone being rude or yelling at each other for how not in sync we were because the tither of friendship was red 90% of the time lol

so, I qued on a veteran GF and got boarding party (I qued as tank) immediately was told to switch to dps and I responded I would. tank and other dps's proceed to pull and lock me from switching spec's locking me as a tank till first boss. we kill the first boss after about 10 min. I get kicked because 1 tank and 2 dps wanted to be scum and lock me out after telling them “hey wait and let me change over to my dps spec”.

it has been at least 6 years since I have played, and this is the first time I’ve had this issue.

anyone else run into scummy players like this? they ask you to do something but they just waste your time instead?

so, I qued on a veteran GF and got boarding party (I qued as tank) immediately was told to switch to dps and I responded I would. tank and other dps's proceed to pull and lock me from switching spec's locking me as a tank till first boss. we kill the first boss after about 10 min. I get kicked because 1 tank and 2 dps wanted to be scum and lock me out after telling them “hey wait and let me change over to my dps spec”.

it has been at least 6 years since I have played, and this is the first time I’ve had this issue.

anyone else run into scummy players like this? they ask you to do something but they just waste your time instead?

I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Vets can have a very rough population, especially because of two groups that are prominent: 1) new players who aren't ready for MMs yet and 2) longtime players who just want to get their vets out of the way quickly. (This doesn't mean that those longtime players are good, but they are accustomed to running vets rapidly.) Putting those two together can be pretty toxic. Emphasis on "can" - there are plenty of chill vet runs out there. But on average, you'll see these stories coming out of vets more frequently than out of MMs.

Really interesting! I have never faced that issue, IIRC I have never been asked to respec to DPS on either my tank or healer.

Sorry that you experienced this, hopefully, you will keep running into better people in the future.

Was leveling my last Sorc and got Cademimu with some pretty bad players. After a couple wipes (on trash) I started CC'ing to help us get through them. After two or three pulls I got "stop CC'ing enemies" from one of the other players. I don't think I've ever been asked to not CC something before but this guy ended up making a point of it by then going directly at anything I CC'd. Edited by Screaming_Ziva

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back from a long time away, I think over a year and a half. Things seem to have changed a lot.

I have been levelling and gearing up my jugg tank and sniper, who are both now at full 306, but it took a lot of fp's and a lot of frustration. Including:

The vast majority of damage players not following kill order, the times I brought it up I never got a response. Most of them just tunnel visioning elites the entire mission. Also it seems ignoring adds in boss fights is common now.

Damage players pulling before the tank in order to do pointless LOS pulls, including my jugg tank being told off by a sniper for not LOSing the second pull in hammer station (I have noticed everybody seems to do that for no reason), then vote kicked for not LOSing the third pull.

Damage never using interrupt, healers never using cleanse, tanks tunnel-visioning 1 enemy in each pull.

Yet every time I mentioned this to people I either get no answer or a "it doesn't matter" (yeah apparently interrupting malgus at the end of FE doesn't matter).

Some examples:

Jugg tanking on FE, bounty hunter boss, I ask "easy way or quick way?" before I pull, healer says "I want to finish fast" and dps pulls so I start tanking with no intention to use turrets to fend off the ship. Both dps don't interrupt boss flame attack, healer gets overwhelmed and we wipe. I ask healer why he agreed to fast fight if he cant heal through it and he says "you should follow mechanics" I ask him if he knows what I mean by describing the boss mechanics as "fast or easy" and says he doesn't. When I tell the dps to interrupt flame attacks I get told to stop complaining and just tank.

Hammer station with my sniper, The tank is not holding aggro, I watch his animations and hes clearly dps spec. I mention it to him and he says he can still tank like that. I tell him he probably cant as his gear is 187 and the other dps, a sorc is 306. He says it makes no difference. Healer starts demanding guard, when I say "healer doesn't need guard" he tell us he will not heal until he gets guard. I tell him "you can either trust I know about tanking or I can waste ages explaining game mechanics to you" to which he tells me that healer needs guard. I give up.

We get to the first boss healer refuses to do anything, tank dies at 3-stack of beam and we wipe. Healer quits group, I get healer comp and we pull again, sorc tanks the entire fight as - like I predicted - 187 dps cannot hold aggro off 306 dps. I cant control comp to do beam mechanics properly so we wipe, on run back to third attempt we get a new merc healer in 306.

Despite healers best effort the tank dies in the 6-second period that he has aggro from his taunt, doesn't follow cleanse mechanic and we wipe. The tank-dps quits group and we requeue, get a proper tank and complete fp easily.

Mando raiders, every time I run this every group seems to kill either consular or smuggler first. After I point out knight should be killed first, everybody generally ignores me except one time a dps answers with "lol why?"

me: "he has no aggro table and has a knock-back stun thing, so he can be irritating and should be dealt with first"

dps: "lol it doesn't matter who we kill first"

on a side note, on every single run of mando raiders every single dps (except me on my sniper) continues to tunnel-vision final boss instead of shooting turrets. Again when I brought it up when tanking it with my jugg I get no answer.

Tython, I join with my sniper in a group who are on the last boss. We pull and its clear the tank is not tank specced, both the tank and other dps stand in the circles and, when we wipe, tell the healer to heal them. When healer apologises for being undergeared (280) the tank puts vote kick on them. I point out there was no problem with the healing, but get no answer. We wait around for another healer when I suddenly get a whisper from the healer we just kicked:

Them: "good luck with those 2, dw I wanted out of there"

me: "what do you mean?"

healer: "those 2 think they are doing everything right and kick anybody who disagrees, the guy you replaced was kicked for arguing with tank and I am not the same healer the group started with"

me: "but they were ignoring mechanics and tank is not tank spec"

healer: "I know but kicking me means I don't get a lockout"

me: "so why do they think their right?"

healer: "because they are full 306 gear so they must be pro"

me: "well ill try once more but this doesn't sound good, thanks for the warning"

healer: "lol gl"

Another healer joins, we pull, other dps dies in random circles at start, healer combat reses and the dps and fake-tank die in the first round of circles, they are both dead with boss around 70-75%. Me and healer die with boss at 30%. Vote kick on new healer, reason: undergeared.

new healer: "what?"

fake-tank: "you cant heal well enough for this"

me: "try following mechanics, me and him managed to do almost half the fight with just the 2 of us so he cant be that bad"

vote kick on me, no reason.

both kicks succeed.

@bob yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah sadly many dps who que as tank think they are ''pro'' thankfully i am from the 1.0 era as in if i que as dps i will kill all the small adds first :) then stronger then elite then boss, but sadly much has changed including the flashpoints, i blame the solo garbage fp though